A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

job opportunities - petiteflower

Posted: Nov 14, 2012

Congrats and good luck to all who have gotten a job.  No wonder everyone is out of work for so long.  These companies post  as if they are desperate, but never reply to resumes and testing, (even when you pass).  Love being an MT, just tired of applying and no response.  Too time consuming.  Maybe only companies really looking for MTs should be allowed to post on this site. 

I agree.....sm - Katydid

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been applying for the past week, taking tests, passing tests with very high scores and....then I wait....no response, nothing. I am frustrated. It seems like there aren't any companies that wants people with years of experience (I have over 15), who is dependable, and who WANTS to work. I love this type of work but it is becoming impossible to find a good place to call home. I would love to find one. I left my job two years ago to raise my two sons, to get them into school. Now it is like a ghost town.

don't hold your breath! - Eileen

[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't hold your breath when it comes to companies letting you know whether you will hear from them again. They don't seem to care. I guess they have too many people looking for jobs and are too busy replying to resumes/letters, etc. Give me an old-fashioned rejection letter. At least I would know then whether I am in the running for a particular job posted on here or not!

Similar Messages:

Overseas MT Opportunities?
Jan 05, 2012

<sigh>  With the USA going down the toilet fast (see Military Detention Act), I fleetingly thought about pursuing something overseas.  I used to work with a lady who took a position in Saudi, Arabia. They paid to move her over there (into a dorm-type building with other MTs), where she lived for a year or two.  She was subjected to incredibly sexist treatment by the Arab men BUT loved it there and wound up marrying an American she met while there.  Of course, ...

Opinions Wanted On Growth Opportunities...
Nov 21, 2013

I would like some opinions on what you think about Nuance's claim of "Growth opportunities for those interested in building a career path in QA, training or management" and if you see that as a legitimate claim.  I know all the heartaches we are going through with this career, but I just wanted to see if this is something this company will actually do or just blowing smoke...  :o) ...

MT Employment Opportunities After Being Terminated For Failing Audit
Feb 15, 2014

I was looking at MT ads and a lot of them only need 98% accuracy, but M-Modal had to have at least 99.6%, going to 99.7% soon. I wonder about different MT companies' thoughts on this - or whether I should even think about looking for future medical transcription work. ...

Alan Gold, VP Sales, Leaving To Pursue Other Opportunities
May 04, 2010

OR maybe he developed a conscious and decided not to be a part of the Evil Q.  LOL! ...