A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Age detector failing - sm

Posted: Jan 22, 2015

It looks like my account turned on their age and sex detector for Fluency.  What a pain.  I'm on a children's hospital, so usually things are from the parents' point of view, resulting in a lot of "he" and "she" that don't match the patient.  I had to go through and ignore all of them.  What a pain.  I just got one with the age flagged as an error.  I checked it multiple times and what I had was correct, but it still picked it up as an error.  What a waste of time. 

It seems like it is only looking at the year of the DOB. - Idiots

[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't even seem to be figuring in the months. If the patient's DOB is 8/1/2010 (4 years old), it thinks the patient is 5 years old because date of service is in the year 2015, regardless if it is still January.

Just came here to post the same thing. - Yay for wasting our time! NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

P.S. For all the good it will do I sent a remedy ticket. - and had my say about the whole mess. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Mine too and flags even if things are correct!! - Annie

[ In Reply To ..]
X

What I would have done. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If I had my way, I would have just had the program do the math and show the age somewhere on the screen (not intrusively) as a big number including months and days. That way instead of doing the math, I can just glance at the number and can tell it is correct myself, and not be interrupted every time I upload, incorrectly no less. Whoever programmed this did a horrible job. Did they not test this out first? Oh wait, they are, on us. Idiots.

Not actually failing - IStill rritated

[ In Reply To ..]
The document check on the age is actually not failing it is "flagging" to make sure we double check that the age dictated is correct and if it is not correct to make the necessary correction/QA marker. It, of course, is an extra step that we have to take. Instead of being able to ignore it we have to click here or Ctrl + Alt + this + that or something. How irritating!!

No, it's failing - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It says that they do not match. To check my theory of it only looking at the year, I changed the patient's age to 1 year older, and it was not caught as Fluency thought it was correct. I changed it back to the correct age, and it caught it again, saying it doesn't match birth date.

Why do you think it is not failing? The MModal - communication about the new

[ In Reply To ..]
feature says it will stop if there is a mismatch, not that it will stop so we can double check. I can double check as I go, don't need the extra steps it takes to upload it when it is correct already. It is a FAIL!

Age detector - Confused

[ In Reply To ..]
Ok so now the age detector isn't being flagged at all. When I do that stupid document check it no longer asks to correct the age at least on the last 5-7 reports I've done. What a pain in the rump!!!

Age detector - Nuance software? - Just a guess...

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm only guessing here that your software looks at the present year, 2015, and nothing else...so that makes it about as useful as Nuance software and India.

Similar Messages:

Failing Audit
May 09, 2013

so, how does one rationalize getting 90% and 94% on an audit when there are 2 minor errors?  do they choose shorter reports so we fail?  will i finally hear from my manager after nothing for months over this? ...

Failing Audits
Dec 09, 2013

Would someone please go over CPL lowered if we fail an audit?  I know it's already been discussed here but can't find it.  Thanks! ...

Failing Audits At M2 But
Jan 14, 2014

Fall 2013.  Just got my certificate in the mail.  Sometimes it's the only thing I feel like I am doing right.  ...

For Post Below About Failing Audit
Aug 29, 2012

(not using my spellcheck - please forgive)  Recently I have found some interesting information on the internet - about how insurance companies are now conferring with employers on a 3- or 6-month basis to determine which employees are using excessive health insurance, as in if someone has cancer or is costing them money.  They in turn are letting those employees go in various ways.  Since insurance companies can no longer terminate policies or refuse care for people with preexist ...

I Am So Sick Of Failing Audits!
Mar 12, 2014

But, of course, I am above the industry standard. A couple of small mistakes I wonder how I made them, but I think it has to do with the mind numbing ASR. Most obviously taking more time in an effort to do better has made no difference in my performance. My lph was low too. I am so sick of this. I did not have these problems before I was transferred to this group. ...

Failing Audit Stuff Has Stopped
Apr 28, 2014

that the failing audit stuff has stopped. Was this an effort to get us to slow way the heck down so they could lower our PTO rate? ...

Am I Actually Failing Every Single Time They Check
Jul 15, 2014

Or do they just notify me of the failures? ...

MT Employment Opportunities After Being Terminated For Failing Audit
Feb 15, 2014

I was looking at MT ads and a lot of them only need 98% accuracy, but M-Modal had to have at least 99.6%, going to 99.7% soon. I wonder about different MT companies' thoughts on this - or whether I should even think about looking for future medical transcription work. ...

Due To "failing" Audit, I Am So Reluctant To Send The Report.
Feb 12, 2015

Don't agree with all the niggly points taken off, but I haven't spoken to QA because I have absolutely nothing to say that doesn't involve bad words and attitude. I have so had it. You want me to be Ms English grammar expert, but only for minimum wage?? Heck, I will do good for the past, and at the very least, be functional grammar-wise, especially with the dictation I get. I am also not going to spend my time off studying the AAMT BOS for minimum wage. I'll spend my tim ...