A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx - Is your account suddenly drying up? - fedup

Posted: Oct 29, 2010

Question for those of you who have been lucky enough to have had work through all of this time.  Is your account suddenly drying up?  Mine is.  I am quite sure they are taking it and giving it to the people with no work.  So now we can all sit around and have NOTHING to type.  Why in God's name did they not lay off more people if there is not enough to go around?  Where is the logic?  This is what these brilliant minds get paid 6 figures to do? 

Just my opinion but (SM) - Sounds familiar

[ In Reply To ..]
It's just my opinion, but it sounds as if WMX is following MQ's lead by trying to "starve" MTs until they quit voluntarily due to lack of work/income so they don't have to pay UE benefits. Either that or in the midst of some sort of merger/buyout, because the scenario sounds equally similar to what the MDI-MD transcriptionists went through about a year ago.

Good luck to you.

Did MQ in the same period hire over 100 new people? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Oh heck yeah (SM) - Sounds familiar

[ In Reply To ..]
MQ is STILL hiring while apparently numerous MTs have no work. Over on the MQ board, it's always a topic of discussion, in that how can so many MTs have NJA most of the day while they keep hiring. The popular consensus is it's their way of weeding out the longer-term, higher-paid MTs by forcing their hand to quit, and hiring other MTs at lower pay rates. If you get a chance, peruse the MQ board and see if you too see the similarities between what the WMXers are going thru and the Qers.

Sounds familiar - Ricky

[ In Reply To ..]
I was part of the MDI-MI/Transcend fiasco and it sounds like WMX is a picture perfect copy of what we went through. You need to ask yourselves if you are willing to go through with this. I was told one thing and another happened. I left. Don't believe what any company rep tells you.

Fedup, you want "the people with no work" laid off, but - what if they had trimmed force in general and

[ In Reply To ..]
you were in that group? There are lots of different ways to slice and dice, and I for one am glad they kept the numbers hit small and certainly wouldn't be wishing trouble on others.

Laid off - fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
Wishing trouble on others? Ummmm, do you work here? Trouble is already here, I don't need to wish for it, nor do I. If I was in that group, then so be it, PLEASE lay me off. Makes MUCH more sense than sitting here saying technically I have a job, just no work to do.

Yes, and of course we'd be sorry to see you go, but... - hope you get your wish. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Wish - fedup
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, ME TOO! I was smart enough to get out before the Medquist mass exodus, need to get out of here too before everybody is running screaming for the door. I, too, predict whatever is coming down the pike is going to hit right at Christmas time. Upper management is always so heartless about dropping bad news at the most inopportune times.

Quite honestly - BTDT

[ In Reply To ..]
As someone who has watched this profession for decades, who has been involved when mergers happen, who has sat in the boardrooms when the choices are made, I can tell you, I'd bet my farm that you guys are going to get a Christmas surprise. All the signs are there. All the rhetoric is there.

Times, they are most definitely, a-changin' and I'm suer there will be more than a few unhappy WedMedx MTs.

This is also about the same time of year as - When the MDI-MD merger was announced

[ In Reply To ..]
After a couple of months of an inexplicable lack of work, again with ignored emails asking where the work had gone to and requests for backup accounts, etc.

Yep, all sounds eerily similar to what the WMX people are going thru...

I hope I'm wrong and this is just some blip on the radar for WMX, but be prepared, as the above poster said, for a Christmas "surprise."

Hi, BTDT. What rhetoric are you thinking of? NM - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Surprises - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not know why these companies cause a financial burden to their employees especially at Christmas. Maybe it has something to do with the year end. I do know that when Deventure merged with Transcend, bought out, or whatever, we were notified of the merge in December and that as of January 1st we would be Transcend employees. Not much notice. I feel sorry for all the MTs going through this mess, as it is mentally draining and extremely frustrating - especially of the not knowing. Good luck - hope all the signs are wrong.

MDI-MD also started lacking work around the holidays last year - I think (SM)

[ In Reply To ..]
Off the top of my work-addled head, if I recall correctly, the lack of work started September/October and became progressively worse until some point in November when the Transcend buyout was announced. I might be a few weeks off on this, but to my recollection, it was right around the holiday season as well.

While it could be something related to the end of the year, I suspect it's because they can fall back on the "It's the holiday season and normally slow" when questioned about the lack of available work.
What MDI-MD did - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I think your recollection is correct. I cannot remember the exact day of MDI's infamous conference call, but I always felt blindsided because my liaison had kept telling me that they were going to get a huge account in September, so my slowdown actually started in late summer. I was shocked at the conference call when the merger was announced. "Big account" indeed. Liar, liar, pants on fire.

WMX - webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Having read everyone's stories,I feel sick! I truly hope this is wrong but it looks similar. Personally, if they ARE lying to us and there is a buyout, I would not stay. I will clean bathrooms if I have to support myself before working for anyone this dishonest. Time will tell, just saying. 15 years ago the smaller company I was working for was bought out by MQ and I left in 2 months. This was before the mass exodus, but I could see the writing on the wall then. They had a representative from MQ come talk to us. He went on and on about how these really wealthy bankers were backing MQ with the stocks and how lucky we were! Then, as he was leaving, he took our professional rental coffee pot in our break room to return, no more freebies! That did it for me!

If we get bought out by a larger company, would it be better with more work? Would - we be able to keep our jobs? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
buyout - webbie
[ In Reply To ..]
I was only involved in this once, a very long time ago, but what I have heard usually happens is that they keep you, but usually benefits and pay are the same standard as the company buying you out, and usually that means less. May not be true 100% of time, but often. I would love to hear the others on here respond as well, I am motivated to look a lot harder for more work! We could all be over reacting...it just seems suspicious that this is so similar to what has happened to other transcriptionists when they were bought out.By the beginning of next year we should know...and would be able to see if new accounts are added. I have been posting that I usually have work, and Friday was ok, but today was really really low across all my accounts!
No, it would not be better if you got bought out - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The big nationals are all becoming sharks. They saw how being ruthless benefited MedQuist, so they are all now madly reading its playbook. Look at what happened with the people at MDI when they went with Transcend. Being bought out will help the stockholders; it will most certainly NOT help the MTs.

WMX Impartial FYI - In a nutshell

[ In Reply To ..]
The work is not being farmed out or spread out to accomodate the less fortunate. MGMT is still and will be for some time consolidating/streamlining accounts, and STM territories. If you've been one of the fortunate to have had work all this time, and or regularly having OT parties, please take advantage of it and enjoy it while you can, as more changes are to come. The accounts inundated with more work than usual (for the MTs with no work take note) its only due new systems being implemented and they are using WMX services to play "catch up." If you note that many big names are migrating to new EMR technology, this will have a big impact on WMX services being utilized by them, unfortunately not always a positive for WMX'ers.

First time on a Friday night no work - Webmedackkkkk!

[ In Reply To ..]
So I came on here just to see if anyone else would mention being out of work and here you (we) all are.

I have never run out of work on a Friday night. I guess all the folks who didn't have enough work earlier in the week are on the clock now. Wow. Rats.

Yes, that is exactly what's happened - In a nutshell

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, and for that we have the speech engine to thank for that, as they are being fed through the speech engine majority of the day, they don't get coughed out until late afternoon. They are then snatched up as quick as they are being spit out by you guessed it all of those that sat through the NSA all day. Another important factor and common sense reason for no work is very simply the speech recognition platform they are now utilizing for 80% of the jobs coming in. Would be interesting to know the exact percentage. WMX is utilizing the SR engine regardless of what their clients at the front end are choosing, because it increases their profits. Those jobs are completed 2-3-4x faster than straight typing, saving on payroll at the cheaper line rate, but with the dilemma of the majority of the accounts are now overstaffed. It costs them nothing to have MTs sitting waiting for the jobs to come in. Hiring 120 more MTs for a new account? Right. Sure they are. Don't see it happening.

First time on a Friday night no work - Webmedackkkkk! - unhappywmxer

[ In Reply To ..]
I too had only 2 hours of work on Friday, had NO WORK WHATSOEVER on Saturday, and now it's Sunday, and here I sit reading this board because AGAIN there is NO WORK. Have a total of 6 hours logged this week. Very, very unhappy with this company. I have never seen so many 0's on the community page in over 4 years working for this company. Something is definitely up!
Unhappywmxer - Former MDI/Transcend
[ In Reply To ..]
I am really sorry this is happnening to all of you. However, the warning signs are all there. We were nearly at risk for homelessness when the crapola hit the fan with MDI-MD/Transcend's merger, as I literally had no work for months on end and kept being told that big accounts were coming. (Yeah, right.) I was stupid enough to believe it and stay on. Be awake and alert to the signs that you see. Take action NOW. Make a plan B. Good luck to all of you.
May be a dumb question, but how does merging in the works - affect the wordload now. nn
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
There were Transcend employees training on our accounts - For anticipated ship-jumping.
[ In Reply To ..]
X
ship jumping - webbie
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your reply, I was wondering the same thing, it didn't make sense to me why we were low if it was in the works. Ok...anyone from another company training on some new accounts want to comment? MQers?
Yeah, can someone pls tell us if you're training for our work, so - we can jump. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
But weren't you already merged by then? nm - Different situation?
[ In Reply To ..]
That makes no sense to me, that this is happening at Wmx.
No. - see msg
[ In Reply To ..]
We had access to see exactly how much work was available on every account. There were days when it would consistently show little to no work, and this went on for months. These accounts hadn't changed. We had worked these accounts for years and knew them like the back of our hands. We knew the slow periods, etc. Then all of a sudden *poof* all but a few accounts just dried up.

Then the announcement came that MDI was sold to Transcend and we would be transitioning over to Transcend employees starting after the first of the year (which ended up being February).

We asked consistently if there were Transcend workers working on our accounts but were repeatedly reassured that we were the only ones on them. Yet, on the emails to the team members on our accounts after February, there were new names that we hadn't had on them before. Who were the new people? New hires? Why would they need to hire more people in February for accounts with no work in August, September, November, December, and January?

Common sense would tell you that SOMEONE had to be doing this work during that period. A client isn't going to stay with a company if the work isn't getting done for months on end.
Re: NO - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Face it, we were lied to, plain and simple. I was dumb enough to buy it. I nearly lost my home because I had no money. It will take me years to pay off the debt. Please, please, please, Webbies, learn from our experience and PROTECT YOURSELVES AND YOUR FAMILIES!
Does anyone have any inside info? - Not that I doubt you
[ In Reply To ..]
In fact, everything I have read here and seen for myself since the recent layoffs and low work have made me start looking elsewhere. Which I hate, because I wanted to just stay here after jumping the TitaniQ.

But does anyone have info from their team leads, management, etc., either from Transcend or others who knew what was coming and couldn't say anything at the time? Anyone got more details?
no inside info here - webbie
[ In Reply To ..]
I think from reading the posts that it is just the similarities to the situation between us and MDI-MD, where they were lied to and bought out, I don't think anyone is saying for sure this is what is happening. I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst to be on the safe side. I am not jumping yet, it is conjecture, but I did freshen up my resume and am interviewing for a part time job to hedge my bets! I really really hope they are wrong and that there ARE more accounts coming! But, I don't want to be caught and blindsided like those from MDI-MD were either!
I'm doing the same thing - poster you replied to
[ In Reply To ..]
I applied for another PT job too. I guess if I get it I won't be so frustrated when there is no work at webmedx. As someone else pointed out, the nsa problem is system wide and sudden except for a couple of accounts. I did have another positive thought about that - maybe everyone else is working like crazy to suck up the work while they can before anything bad happens, if it does.

I wish they would tell us if the work load is significantly decreased or our production is up, just keep us informed what is going on! The fact that they don't is a bad sign to me.
no work - me too
[ In Reply To ..]
It's interesting that you can still access this board with your work computer, since I got blocked out totally once I made a couple of "negative" comments about Webmedx on here.

Similar Messages:

Account Suddenly With No Work
Jun 03, 2015

Does anyone else have the account ..... Switched to yet another superviser after having the same one for years, got another one for a month, now another one.  With every change of supervisors, the work dries up more.  Yesterday was horrendous.  Can somebody tell me how long you need to be out of work before you file for partial UE?  I can't afford this on a daily basis, I have nobody to depend on but me.  ...

Webmedx New Account In News
Feb 11, 2011

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/4880930 ...

Webmedx Account Manager Update
Mar 11, 2011

Sounds ominous to me at least...account manager update conference call Monday, I know people from at least 2 STMs got this message. Holding my breath! I really like my STM, not crazy about the rest of the higher ups though! ...

Webmedx - Hidden Charges In Health Spending Account
Dec 29, 2010

Today I get the paperwork from the HSA that we had the option to join for the new insurance.  Included is a bunch of tasks they want us to hurry up and do (which we cannot do since they have not given us insurance cards and their website won't let us register without numbers off the card).  Also included is an "account fee and rate schedule".  They get to charge us $15 to set up the account and $2.95 every month thereafter.  They say this "may" be paid by our employer (y ...

IMedX Accounts Drying Up
May 20, 2015

Anyone have any info on this?  My team lead is ignoring my questions (I am honestly begging at this point).  Has anyone applied for unemployment?  I am stomach sick over this entire mess. ...

Does Anyone Else Wonder Why Suddenly
Jun 30, 2013

Precyse is such a great company to work for?  Every post I have ever seen about them has been completely negative and now suddenly they are great, pay great and use DQS.  Things that make ya go hmmmmmmm. ...

NJA Suddenly - Anyone Else?
Aug 19, 2014

x ...

Suddenly
Feb 26, 2015

my expansions aren't working.  what's up with that? ...

Supervisor Suddenly MIA?
Aug 23, 2010

Try Google.  Amazing what you find. ...

ASR Suddenly MUCH Worse!!!
Nov 27, 2010

Has anyone noticed that fairly suddenly ASR recognition has gotten much worse.  I know it was pretty bad before, but now I've noticed that even with the clear dictators where in the past the ASR recognition was okay, it's now HORRIBLE.  Weren't we promised the ASR would get BETTER with time.  Didn't they LOWER our pay when they said it got better before.  So, wouldn't it only be fair to move the pay back UP now that it is so horriible and NOT improvin ...

I Am Suddenly A Moron.
May 30, 2012

I can't win for losing with these new QA folks.  Never had a problem before and now I cannot type a report correctly.  Whereas I've typed for the same doctors for 11 years, they don't know the accounts, but I'm wrong in everything.  They have changed the format of the reports, even when the doctor clearly says "could you not put...such and such" and I get messages telling me I'm not folling directions and can I not understand how to do it properly.  R ...

Why Am I Suddenly A Scum MT? Sm
Nov 09, 2014

What happened? Prior to my company being bought out by N a couple years ago, I was constantly getting bonuses, almost every pay period without fail.  Great reviews...always passed them.  Suddenly, I'm pond scum. This has ratcheted up the last couple months. This constant nitpicking is getting to me. I don't even want to check my emails anymore.  What happened to me? Still working same accounts I love and a decent TSM.  I'm not even talking about the monetary lo ...

Why Suddenly Less ASR, More Straight Typing?
Nov 19, 2009

Hmm, let's see.  We get a letter from MQ extolling our virtues as MTs, more and more info about nationalizing the EMR with Verizon, etc. and I notice I'm not the only one getting less ASR, more direct typing.  Could be a coincidence, but could be MQ is gathering statistics on us, how the voice recognition program of MQ compares with our production as MTs versus straight typing on our own.  Could MQ be using us as guinea pigs right now to pad their statistics to prove the ...

My TL Just Quit Suddenly! Just When You Think It Cannot Get Any Worse!
Jun 17, 2012

I got an email Friday stating my TL was leaving (DH) old OSi. We have a contact person until a new TL is assigned. I have been waiting for a new/big account now for ever and I am guessing that must have fell through again. They are just jacking me around. I am on unemployment for being underemployed now. That helps some but will the work ever arrive? My TL was always understanding and I think she was having the same problems all of us MTs are having with the accounts having low work and SR. Lef ...

Why Would My Reports Suddenly Go Through Proofing?
Jan 10, 2013

Haven't failed an audit, tier 3, and suddenly my reports are going through proofing today. And the only changes made are those preference ones where it doesn't matter anyway... (I still don't get why a proofer would waste time changing stuff that doesn't make a difference.) Crazy... ...

Suddenly There Are Links In The Postsq
Aug 08, 2013

LIke someone typed "find a job" and it turns into a blue link. I hover over it and it wants to take me to a survey site.   Just me? ...

Anyone Else Noticing That VR Is Suddenly Capitalizing
Jun 15, 2015

wasn't capping before?  WTH?  Is this just another sneaky way to catch us on medication errors, which happen to be nice 3-points-off errors that I am sure they love?  I suggest everyone double check all meds now, even though it takes extra time.  I myself do know which are or are not capped for a lot of meds, but not all of them, and it is very easy to let one slip....I think I let one slip on my last report!  Waiting for the email telling me I failed and then the h ...

All Hands On Deck. Are They Kidding. Suddenly
Nov 10, 2012

huge amount of work to be done.  Since we've "taken advantage" of flexing this week, we need to run to grab all this work now says the TSM.  Good luck with that.  They even compared the low work in the week to low times in the stores at holiday season.  What planet did they snatch these TSMs from.   No thanks.  I'll wait for my partial unemployment thank you.  ...

Running Out Of Work For Weeks And Suddenly
Apr 16, 2013

the work skyrockets overnight like nothing we have had in at least 2 months or more. I had to ask why all of a sudden did the workload go up so high? I found my answer-earthquake hit India yesterday/last night so my guess is many of the MTs over there can't work. This company gets "better" all the time. My days are numbered and I will be so glad to stop playing the Nuance game and be done with this place. ...

Anybody Else Having Sound Issues No DQS? Suddenly Audio Is Very Tinny
Mar 17, 2012

almost like the recording volume was turned up way high distorting the quality. Anybody? or is me?    thx for feedback ...

I Was Reading An Email This Morning And It Suddenly Disappeared!
Mar 13, 2015

It was about the client wasn't happy and the account was at risk, and yet, it showed every day for the week the percent quality score was above minimum. Some "critical" errors, but I'll bet they were mostly not following the client profile. Earlier there was an email stating that the client (a different one) wasn't happy and we were at risk of losing that account. Had to do with selecting the encounters correctly. Gee.... This happens every time they start throwing everyon ...

What Part Of PT Suddenly Means I Have 10 Extra Hours To Give??
May 12, 2015

Anybody out there in my POD and want to help me interpret our mandatory OT?  HDSM is KD and scheduler is CS.  They are awesome (I'm lucky to be in this POD and know it).  They always try to keep us off mandatory OT (unsuccessfully as of late), but I'm so confused today, reading the latest email. I'm not sure the company knows what working PART-TIME means or what agreed upon schedules mean either. I just read an email from our scheduler that I believe is stating th ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...

Don't Forget, You Will Be QA'd On Each Account, That Could Account
Jun 08, 2015

.... I read notes below to this effect. Oh, and don't forget to NOT count QC lines and scores when you calculate your QA score on FIESA.   ...or just ignore it altogether.    ...

Hmm Will We @ Webmedx Get Nothing After-sm
Dec 19, 2009

being slapped in the face the whole year?  Looks like it to me.  Oh well, it beats the print-your-own cookbook. What a mess this company has turned out to be.  Even Transcend still manages to be thoughtful during the holidays. ...

Where To After Webmedx?
Dec 23, 2009

Those of you who left Wedmedx after finding out our pay will be cut again due to the great production potential coming with the switch to M-Modal (oh, my goodness--how many of us do they think fell off the turnip truck?), where'd you go?  Is it any better? ...

Webmedx Cpl For ASR
Apr 07, 2010

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.  Considering making a change to Webmedx and was wondering about the cpl for ASR.  I also hear that they have lots of overtime and was hoping someone can validate this information.  Any input is appreciated. ...

Webmedx Needs To Pay
Apr 24, 2010

The unremarkable Wedmedx needs to pay for the downtime MTs are incurring because they want to switch everything over to their horrendous ISR.  The unremarkable Webmedx requires 1 to 4 hours to get new computers up and running and yet we production people are supposed to make up that time or use our PTO time or just not get paid.  The unremarkable Webmedx just hired new people and gave them bonuses to sign on but can't pay their longtime loyal employees for time lost due to no ...

Webmedx MTs
Sep 03, 2010

I just want you to know what a phenomenal job I think you all did on those atrocious accounts.  I QA'ed your work and was amazed at what you could decipher out of those dictations.  You are all amazing MTs in my eyes and any company out there would be lucky to have you working for them. I am so sorry we are all going through this but everything happens for a reason, so they say.  Let's just hope we all have brighter days ahead of us and better things. I was blessed to wo ...

Webmedx Pay Better Than Most
Oct 16, 2010

I know a lot of MTs and I keep getting calls to get on MTStars and read the latest bashing of Webmedx.  So when I finished work today I decided to do just that.  To hear all of your complaints I wonder if this is the same company I've been working for all these years. I've been editing since ISR started with them and it took me about a year to make up and at times exceed where I was.  Now I prefer ISR.  The long and the short of it is that as long as Webmedx keeps ...