A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

webmedx account manager update - anon

Posted: Mar 11, 2011

Sounds ominous to me at least...account manager update conference call Monday, I know people from at least 2 STMs got this message. Holding my breath! I really like my STM, not crazy about the rest of the higher ups though!

Don't know when posted, but am listening to message on home page now. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Looks like neither of the 2 STMs I've had so far is on on the list of Account Managers. Seems to be consolidation of a couple of different positions into one. Have no idea what's going to happen on the conference call Monday. Kind of wonder about the new reorganization since one happened not too long ago.

Now just focusing on getting my work done the next couple of days. Going to try not to worry about this too much until I know more. :/

announcement - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes I am listening too. I think those of us who had an STM who is NOT on the list will be on the conference call this coming Monday to find who our new account manager will be. I agree, have to clear my head and focus on getting in hours/lines. It just stinks, because I really liked my STM and she is one that is NOT on the list.

STM missing from list - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had this STM for years now and just love her. Fair, organized, responds PROMPTLY to questions, calls, E-mails. I went through these sort of changes with Medquist and am sure hoping that is not what is going on here too.
I am furious she was not chosen (sm) - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I knew 4 years ago when they started hiring ex-MQ execs this is what would be going down eventually. Welcome to Webquist
Amen! - MTPockets
[ In Reply To ..]
Management from old Edix and Medquist - never ever a good thing!!

My recording keeps skipping. Is it a recording of the same announcement - they had with QA a week ago?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

anouncement - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what the announcement was to QA, but I had problems too. I cleared my temp files and closed all other programs and was able to listen. It was mostly "company line" stuff. What I want to know is why my excellent STM is not on the list?? And a new name on the list I had never heard of, guess I am just grumpy, don't like change, but have to get used to it or jump ship! I will wait to see what happens.

webmedx account manager update - BettyBoop

[ In Reply To ..]
Comparing the existing list of STMs against the new list of Managers posted on the Community Home Page, I notice that there are 4 STMs who are no longer going to be STMs!

STMs gone - webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the tip! I will have to go check, I counted 3 but did not look at the existing lists. There is 1 new name I had never heard of in the account managers. I really liked my STM and she is not on the list, feeling pretty bad for her today!

my update was a comedy of errors - lolanon

[ In Reply To ..]
THREE emails announcing the conference call: One to schedule, one to clarify times, and another one I frankly didn't read because I'm not being paid to, and because if it takes you 3 emails to tell me the same freakin' thing, incoherently, I feel safe betting you're not about to set the world on fire. I mean, imagine if we all needed THREE TRIES to get a report right.

I suspect that whoever I'm getting for a new accounts manager isn't going to be any improvement on the last one. I liked the one I had just fine, but like so many at WMX, she hasn't been like her old self the last 9-12 months.

The push to turn a knowledge profession into factory work continues! I don't know what's keeping me from applying to McDonald's at this point.

Well, if your STM's not at her best, that's understandable, right? - My STM/now-AM as been functioning as

[ In Reply To ..]
smoothly as always all along, promotion no surprise. You know, some of these guys may have declined the new position for personal reasons.

We shouldn't assume that an STM "wasn't at her best." - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
I think there are many factors involved. One, they would likely need to be willing to travel frequently. The STMs previously didn't need to travel frequently. Another, some of these appear to be previous Chartmatrix supervisors, and it appears one making the hiring decisions had already worked with them (buddies?). It's a very good possibility the Enterprise STMs didn't want her as their supervisor. As you said, some may have declined the positions. These were very good STMs who had been through many changes at Webmedx previously. It's a shame to lose them. I have little faith in the morons at the top of Webmedx, the same ones who decide to reorganize things every six months. In all of the years I've worked at Webmedx, I haven't had the same supervisor for more than 6-8 months. That's poor management at the top.
You also shouldn't assume that an STM WAS "at her best." - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
You may have gotten along just great with your STM, but that doesn't mean he/she was a good manager overall and was meeting departmental goals and managing the workflow appropriately etc. We as MTs have really no idea what goes on in management meetings etc.

We see just the tip of the iceberg.
You said it yourself. you do not know what goes on either. - Or DO you?
[ In Reply To ..]
The previous post shouldn't have even suggested that. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
No assumptions should be made about why some STMs are no longer with us. Please also realize that not all of us who post to these boards are MTs, have STMs, or AREN'T in management. You made an assumption with that as well.

update e-mails - webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you about needing 3 e-mails! But, you said you didn't read the 3rd, but you better because it says ignore the time on the 2nd, so be sure to check it for the correct time if you want to get in on the conference call. I am thinking of leaving, but from what I read the grass isn't any greener anywhere else! My STM was really great, and she had even received rewards in the past for her efforts, but she has been let go. It is NOT because she wasn't doing her job, but maybe because she really supported her MTs over the company line.

Enterprise STMs let go - Chart Matrix now the majority - MTPockets

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems when we merged with trans-whoever in Tennessee, they kind of sort of just took over every-friggin-thing. Just "put" into positions that were never posted so people could compete for these positions. Guess management was afraid that their pets couldn't pass the test so they just put them in these roles - roles that would be an advancement for us working in the trenches - had they been posted. All of the STMs no longer with the company were from the Enterprise side. The reason you never heard the other STM names is because they came from "that other" company.

Webmedx gets more like MQ and Edix with every passing day...

I have seen NOTHING good from the company they bought. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Every manager and the culture they brought with them from this company has brought Webmedx down.

I agree. They are following MQs pattern to a T, including the - incomprehensible announcements. They sold out lite

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

No, there are only TWO ChartMatrix STMs in the bunch. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The rest are from the Enterprise side, so that theory doesn't hold water.

WRONG 3 out of 7 are from Enterprise - Sorry.

[ In Reply To ..]

My STM not on list - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Have had this STM for 3 years and she has always been very efficient with dealings I have had with her. She answers her phones, responds to E-mails, makes sure account updates are given out, has quickly found me another account when one was lost. She has balanced my workload beautifully and am sure others feel the same.

I simply wish it was her choice to not become one of the new group and/or she has another position in the company where she can be appreciated. Haven't seen anything from her so far today, she may be gone. I don't know how old she is age, heck..., she could have decided to retire, I really don't know.

I just wish we get a chance to let her know how we feel about her before she is gone/moves on, or whatever.

Sue, if you are reading this, you rock. Good luck and best wishes in whatever endeavor you will be doing next.

Same thought to my STM - you will be very missed!

[ In Reply To ..]
I have really enjoyed having you as an STM. I know you really cared about us and went to bat for us many times. No matter who replaces you, you will always be remembered and missed.

*** Edited by Moderator: Please do not identify individuals per Posting Guidelines. ***
I'm Going to miss her too. - RadMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I love my STM. She always was there with kind words, an open ear and willing to help in whatever way possible. If it wasn't for her I surely would have left ages ago. She did the best she could for us when we lost an account and even gave me an acute care account so that I didn't have issues with NSA.

*** Edited by Moderator: Do not identify individuals. ***
We shouldn't assume they were all passed over. - Some may have made a decision
[ In Reply To ..]
in favor of family needs, lifestyle, etc. Some were no doubt working as STMs because they preferred to stay with the production side and away from the business of keeping clients happy, coordinating with sales, etc. Someone may not have wanted it enough to lose that 20 pounds needed to get back into her old suits (now, where did that idea come from...?).
Nobody assumed it but now that you keep defending - defensive much?
[ In Reply To ..]
Guess someone's got a bit of a guilty conscience or you wouldn't have to keep defending yet another "fix" for something that wasn't broken! That was a cheap shot about the weight too. Classy. I want to know how you're going to keep defending this "progress" when the new account managers realize they've bitten off more than they can chew and everything's in a handbasket headed you know where. There's no way in heck my new manager is going to be able to handle his new workload and I think management have completely lost their minds with this move!!!! Wait and see!
I'm one who can't get into her old suits and wouldn't be - interested in buying new. Sheesh....
[ In Reply To ..]
You posting below, if every reasonable balanced response reminds you of management, maybe you should take a lesson from that.
Right! Because every MT has nothing better to do - than defend mgt here?!?
[ In Reply To ..]
I just can't believe that any MT is willing to spend her unpaid time defending questionable management decisions before any of us see which way the wind blows. Nevertheless, many of us WERE fond of our STM and will miss her and don't care what reasons she may have had to not to take this "promotion" (that rather obviously consists of doing 3x the work for probably not much more pay). Speculate till the cows come home - we will miss her anyway.
Classy, typical management post. nm - ...
[ In Reply To ..]
... Nice.
AMEN! Everytime someone posts about WMX the management plants - Are out in full force!!
[ In Reply To ..]
Do they really think we are so dumb that we can not tell the difference between an MT posting and management?

Yes, they do, that is exactly why we are treated so shabbily.

Guess what management? You can NOT be dumb and be an MT - just so you know for future reference!

Similar Messages:

Question About Fluency Manager ... "Account Manager" Field
Feb 05, 2014

OK ... when you're in Fluency Manager, "status" ... where you see the list of facilities and number of reports.  When I click on the names of a few accounts that I'm assigned to, it takes me to a page that has a sort of "box" that has listed company, contact, type of company, etc.  One of those fields is called "Account Manager".  This is the TSM's name that manages that account.  None of my accounts has my TSM's name in that field - it has someone else� ...

WMX Account Manager Still There?
Jun 14, 2011

One of new AMs, not usually very communicative, but haven't heard from him since either Thursday or Friday.  Not unusual there is no communication over weekend, but usually get something each afternoon.  Response to E-mails --- Not so much. Do wish SOMEONE would make some positive informed statements about what is going on with the company.  Sounds like people are leaving by the droves.  Maybe this is what they want and they are just waiting us out to see if we can thin ...

Recruiter Vs. Account Manager?
May 16, 2011

Has anyone ever had an MT job interview with an account manager rather than a recruiter? ...

Company Looking For An Experienced Account Manager
Sep 12, 2012

Does anyone know of a company looking for an experienced account manager. TIA ...

An Excerpt From My Account Manager Late Last Night
Jan 20, 2010

After dealing with a potentially terminal medical illness, I was working away on my shift last night when the following email came thru (note that I edited any identifying information out of the email for confidentiality's sake)... Your line counts have been rapidly getting back to your regular spectacular volume.  You have 12577 through Saturday evening, which is wonderful.  Your ability to accurately produce well over 2000 a day puts you right up there with the top produce ...

UPDATE On New IC Account
Jul 13, 2010

The doc has contacted me and we are to meet today at his office.  He has such a heavy accent, I could hardly understand what he was saying.  He is in need of a transcriptionist, and has 50 charts needing to be transcribed.  Not sure what type of equipment he has as of yet, but obviously he must have some kind.   How do I charge him.  I thought about by the line at maybe 12 cpl, but his accent is so heavy, I am thinking it will take me a while before being productive ...

Webmedx-update Community Page
Sep 03, 2010

Have you seen the new message on Community Board at the top of the page, "Please look for the QA Communicaton and another company update within the next week."    Scares me and I am sure the rest of us still employed there.  So sorry for all those who were laid off. ...

Webmedx New Account In News
Feb 11, 2011

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/4880930 ...

Webmedx - Is Your Account Suddenly Drying Up?
Oct 29, 2010

Question for those of you who have been lucky enough to have had work through all of this time.  Is your account suddenly drying up?  Mine is.  I am quite sure they are taking it and giving it to the people with no work.  So now we can all sit around and have NOTHING to type.  Why in God's name did they not lay off more people if there is not enough to go around?  Where is the logic?  This is what these brilliant minds get paid 6 figures to do?  ...

Webmedx - Hidden Charges In Health Spending Account
Dec 29, 2010

Today I get the paperwork from the HSA that we had the option to join for the new insurance.  Included is a bunch of tasks they want us to hurry up and do (which we cannot do since they have not given us insurance cards and their website won't let us register without numbers off the card).  Also included is an "account fee and rate schedule".  They get to charge us $15 to set up the account and $2.95 every month thereafter.  They say this "may" be paid by our employer (y ...

Update On Update Three Reports A Day
Aug 10, 2012

Hi everyone I just wanted to stop by really quick and let you all know that finally, FINALLY I am off QA. I was given two accounts today in addition to the one they had initially given me. I can now type w/o counting my reports and waiting for feedback first. It remains to be seen of course, whether or not there will be as much work as I was told but so far, this company has been true to their word. Still, four days on a very restrictive QA protocol was quite scary. I am a LOT grayer now ...

FFT-Manager
Jun 17, 2014

Can FFT-Manager only be accessed now through FFT-Editor?  It didn't used to be.  I've been on medical leave and just now have returned to find this out.  ...

PF Manager
Mar 06, 2015

Does anyone know if he has left?  I saw an advertisement looking for a new Transcription Manager on the PF site as well as other sites.  Just curious.  Thanks. ...

MD Office Manager
Nov 06, 2010

I applied to this company a week ago and they had called me back for a phone interview yesterday.  They told me in an email that my scores were great, etc.  After the phone interview (which I thought went well) the woman told me that I would be contacted later that same day.  Well, she contacted me back about an hour later and said I was not a good fit for the company.  Does not make sense to me whatsoever! I am glad I didn't get the job, I don't think I wanted to ...

Ever Have A Manager 'discuss' Another MT To You
Sep 23, 2012

I don't really want to know what someone else did to screw up and find it inappropriate given her position, putting me in an awkward spot as it is not my business (I'm not management).  I just want, no need to get along with everyone and not develop bad feelings for either the rock or the hard place here.  Work is hard enough.  Why doesn't she just BE a manager and handle it privately without the smear job?     ...

6-1/1 Yrs Ago My Manager Told Me Sm
Aug 15, 2013

"It WILL BE 7 yrs before they get enough Indian transcriptionists trained to replace all the US MTs."  Not would be or could be but WILL BE.  That was right after he had gotten back from a meeting with all the higher ups and right about the time C-Bay came into play.  He quit MM not too long after that and so did I. Good luck to you all.    ...

Message Sent To Manager And TL
Aug 24, 2013

(Note, X's are put in place here to protect certain information, but the rest is what I wrote them).  Dear *** and ***,  A couple of days ago an e-mail was sent to everyone on (***) account reminding eveyone that we are to transcribe all dictators and if help is needed to send the reports to QC.  I have noticed that many times when I log on in the morning time to work that the only reports left on this account are the "less desirable" dictators, i.e. those who dictate consi ...

Cant Get Into Fluency Manager
Aug 22, 2014

I cant get into fluency manager with my new password.  So it asks me to put in user name and company ID.  What is the user name?  My numbers that I log in each time?  What is the company ID?  Mmodal?  I can get into the work fluency to download a job, but I cant get into the manager one where you can check to see how many jobs there are.  Thanks for any help.  This is so frustrating.   ...

How Many People Has The Transcription Manager Gotten Rid Of
Apr 26, 2010

I just wonder how many of us the transcription manager of MedScribe has gotten rid of.  Surprisingly, the number is growing and growing.  It feels so much better not to be alone and the **** really likes to get in your head.  Awful, awful and awful and I tried so long to give her the benefit of the doubt.  Stupid me! ...

SoftScript Production Manager?
Aug 12, 2011

Could someone comment on this job position?  Stress, pay, etc.  Thanks for your opinions! ...

Fired By MQ Manager 12 Years Ago. Sm
Sep 04, 2012

I was working 2 jobs and not able to keep up with both jobs, so ended up getting fired, and mgr said I would be blocked from reemployment via my SSN.  Wondering if anyone has been rehired in such a situation. Do they really block SSNs from re-hire?  She was actually a wacko and her office staff people were doing all the work while she would fail to show up for work weeks at a time, unable to be reached.  While my work was excellent, I just couldn't get my hours in.  I kn ...

Transcription Manager Position
Sep 30, 2012

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you. It seems like a long time to find out if you are getting a job with this company. I applied for this position and then got told I was being considered and then nothing else. Just wondering if I should keep waiting or move on. Any suggestions. ...

Softscript Production Manager
Apr 10, 2013

Does anyone know if PM - LB is gone.  No update emails for 3 days now.  I just love how they let us know these things, but if YOU don't show up or inform them, you are penalized. ...

Attention UNM Manager - No Names Used.
Sep 05, 2013

Just need to let off some steam in case a UNM Manager happens to read this board.  So tired of all your perky little emails about how the team has to "pull together" on the weekends and show UNM "what this great team is made of."  FYI...this team is made of tired MTs typing their fingers to the bone, already having given up on reaching that bonus that barely exists.  Getting repeatedly warned about answering emails you send to us DEMANDING overtime responses, while ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Who The North RAD Manager Reports To?
Nov 02, 2013

NM ...

Qualifications To Be A Nuance Manager?
Jun 01, 2014

I have just read a few emails that are so filled with deception by management I wonder if managers are ever embarrassed to spread this BS.  Seriously some of the stuff they write would be funny if I had a sense of humor about Nuance - but I do not. I resent that I do the work while they get paid to give pep talks, make excuses and deceive. They must think MTs are dumb as rocks to believe the stuff they spew.  Then again maybe managers are the people who are dumb as rocks. Can anyone ...

Project Manager Online Course?
Jun 01, 2014

Groupon is offering this course right now for $99 - regularly $1495??? but I don't really know what a project manager is.  Can anyone explain? ...

Fluency For Transcription Manager
Nov 09, 2014

Cant get into fluency for transcription manager to change password, says to contact customer support.  Does that mean tech support?  Do we still have to send a remedy ticket and wait for them to call us or can we call directly to 1-800-DICTATE like we used to.  Any  help is truly appreciated.  Thank you. ...

My Manager Is Leaving - No Explanation Why. No Message
Mar 10, 2010

No message. ...

SoftScript Production Manager Info?
Jan 05, 2013

Please give me some info on this position if you can on hours and pay scale. TIA! ...