A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What part of PT suddenly means I have 10 extra hours to give?? - Anne

Posted: May 12, 2015

Anybody out there in my POD and want to help me interpret our mandatory OT?  HDSM is KD and scheduler is CS.  They are awesome (I'm lucky to be in this POD and know it).  They always try to keep us off mandatory OT (unsuccessfully as of late), but I'm so confused today, reading the latest email.

I'm not sure the company knows what working PART-TIME means or what agreed upon schedules mean either.

I just read an email from our scheduler that I believe is stating that part-timers are being asked to work MANDATORY OT up until they reach 30 hours. The emails all along have stated half an hour or an hour on our SCHEDULED shifts (with a note that we can't go over 30 hours as part-timers, which I interpreted to mean if we were able to do more that we were not to exceed 30). I've been doing the extra hour on my shift, albeit reluctantly, but this email seems to imply we are to work mandated time UP UNTIL 30 hours somehow (which for me would be another 10 hours per week). Now, if I could work an extra 10 hours per week, wouldn't I be doing that already? I don't get it.

I am a mom FIRST who took this job with an agreed upon, 20 hr/wk set schedule. I cannot do an extra 10 hours, and my BIGGEST issue with all of it is that I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't appreciate being put in the position by this company to have to defy this "request." That is NOT the type of person I am. I am a go-getter, helper, give 100%-er, but I have to do that within my agreed upon schedule. It just stinks to be put in this position...and that's my rant for the day.  

MOT - tiredmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm full-time, so I'm not sure about part-time, but my HSDM says mandatory hour a day ONLY on scheduled days, but not if it's going to make you go over 30 hours for part-time. Not sure if this helps you. :)

they certainly owe us an explanation... - additionally...

[ In Reply To ..]
If they expect us to work 30 hours per week, we better be getting some PTO back! And if Im forced to work 30 hours, you can bet your bottom dollar that Ill do 31 so they have to cover my insurance. Ive already given an extra 5+ hours a week for the past 9 weeks. Im done doing freebies!

Got clarification - Anne

[ In Reply To ..]
A very nice coworker got clarification. We are just not to exceed 30 hours. So if you work 28 hours, you can only do 2 extra hours. It was really worded terribly in the email. We are still to work the extra hour ONLY on scheduled days and that's it. PHEW! It's like figuring out a puzzle sometimes and honestly I hate asking for clarification sometimes, because I don't want to hear we DO have to do 30 hours. Lol.

OT - MTLT

[ In Reply To ..]
The problem I have as being PT is them calling it overtime. Technically if your PT it's only extra hours, OT would imply we get paid overtime rate, but my check hasn't reflected that. So that would also imply if FT works 5 hours more and PT works 5 hours more, only FT time is being paid OT. I could be wrong, but that is my understanding.

They do often put OT/Extra - Anne

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes. They will put OT/Extra so we part-timers know we're the "extra" part of the scenario. Lol.

Over 30 hours is then considered FT so they then would have to pay OT. - Grrrrr

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

Labor law, Fed and state trump that. sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Law for OT is anything over 40 hours. If M*Modal considers 30 hours full time, it is only for benefit purposes, NOT for OT. They do not have to pay overtime until you are over 40 hours. Check the labor laws in the state where you live and also Fed labor law.
Just don't do it...simple - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
30 hours - Mt
[ In Reply To ..]
You cant go over 30 because the new healthcare laws state they have to offer health insurance for anyone over 30 hours.

pt mot - old&tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree with you that we are lucky to be in the pod we are in, that KD and CS let us know they appreciate our efforts.

I was also flabbergasted by the email which made it sound like 30 hours were mandated. In the past,they wanted PT not to go over 28 hours. Too old to keep this up. Would be nice if we got back the 5 PTO days they took from us when they went into bankruptcy.

Similar Messages:

Why Do They Keep Asking For Extra Hours?
Nov 10, 2009

I don't know about you all but my CCM is constantly asking us to work "extra," even when there are no late jobs and not an over abundance of dictation.  What is the deal?  The other night we were requested to work at least 1 extra hour.  Tonight they are asking again.  I don't know about you all but I have a family and other things I like to do other than work.  Don't they realize we have lives away from MQ???  Besides, that extra hour is really not g ...

OT-EXTRA HOURS FOR WEEKEND
Aug 27, 2010

All week NJA.  Everyone has hours to make up I am sure.  At 9:30 CCM puts out E-Mail for OT and extra hours for weekend.  At the  time of her mail "work is low" so why are we looking for OT and extra time committments????   ...

No, I'll Never Take Extra Hours Offered...
Mar 18, 2015

To help with your backlog, so stop sending me e-mails about it! The only way I'll help you with your backlog is if you pay me what I'm worth, and change this wage-theft-based pay plan you just dished out. Until then, I'll do the bare minimum for your company and do extra work at my other job, where I'm paid what I'm worth AND praised on a regular basis for my work.   ...

NJA Hours Versus OT/extra
May 29, 2015

Curious why some of the hours on the swap board are listed as NJA hours and some as OT/extra.  Does anybody know what the difference is?  TIA ...

Love The Extra Daylight Hours, But Am I The Only One Dragging Tail?
Mar 12, 2012

I'm dieing here trying to stay awake.. ...

Now Begging For Part Timers To Work Extra In The South
Aug 17, 2013

We have late work pending in multiple accounts (unusual for a saturday), and TSM is frantically sending out emails to try to get part timers to work extra because corporate won't allow her to have fulltime employees go overtime.  This place is run by idiots. ...

Get Paid For PTO Hours If You Don't Give 2 Weeks Notice?
May 23, 2012

Hello.  I'm considering quitting MModal and I need to know if you have to give 2 weeks' notice if you want to get paid for your PTO hours accumulated.  Thanks! ...

Part-time Hours
Sep 08, 2012

A year ago I lost my primary and had to transfer to a new CCM, she was getting a new account that only sent us work evenings and weekends, so to keep my job I chose those hours but then as time went on asked to have some day hours on other accounts.   But that has put me up to 38 hours.  Now I want to cut back to 24 hours and am having a hard time getting my CCM to take the time see where I can cut.  Been with this company for 16 years (before we had to clock in and have a schedule...fullti ...

Part Time, 40/48 Hours Per Pay
Oct 29, 2012

I am restricted to 4 hours a day per my doctor.  Does anyone know if you can work 40 hours instead of 48 per pay with dr note or can you be released-is there a law regarding this????? Anyone know???  Thanks ya'll.  ...

Part Time Hours
Nov 25, 2013

Does anyone know what number of hours per week constitutes part-time? 20? 24?  Thanks in advance. ...

What Are Part Time Hours
Apr 02, 2014

can anyone tell me what constitutes part time hours at Mmoral? ...

Part-time Hours Requirement
Jul 26, 2011

Does anyone know how hard and fast MQ is on their minimum part-time requirements? I know it's 24 hours per week. I'm ideally looking for 16-20 hours. Does anyone work for MQ for less than 24 hours a week?  Just wondering if there's any flexibility on this.  Thanks! ...

Question About Part-time And Hours
Sep 25, 2012

Our hospital is being outsourced to MModal.  The offers are supposedly there and ready but for some reason they haven't passed them on to us yet.  I was wondering how many hours are required for part-time and if you can work a flexible shift.  If I can work part-time with a split shift I may consider taking the offer.  Of course I will have to see it first because I haven't heard much good about MModal. Thanks. ...

How Many Hours Is Part-time At MModal?
Jan 17, 2013

Synernet Part-time Hours?
Jul 25, 2013

Does Synernet hire part-timers to work evenings and weekends, up to 20 hours a week? ...

For MQ Part-timers Who Work 24 Hours/week...
May 08, 2010

how many of you only work 3 or 4 days per week (24 hours).  Do you split your schedule up and work only a few hours at a time?  I'm considering working only 3-4 days per week instead of my usual 5 and would like to know how you schedule your hours.  Thank you! ...

Part-time Hours And Employee Status
Mar 28, 2014

Are there any companies that hire part-time Monday through Friday from around 8 AM to 12 noon or 9 AM to 1 PM that would be employee status? I am looking for a company that would hire me part-time to do clinic work and need to have week-ends off for sporting events for my son.  ...

Amphion...what Are The Min. Hours For Part-time? Any PT Benefits?
Apr 24, 2015

nm ...

Least Number Of Hours You Can Work Part-time With Employment Status
Jan 04, 2010

Hi.. I was wondering, what is the least number of hours you can work part-time with employment status. Thanks! ...

Anyone Know The Minimum Number Of Hours And Lines Per Week Required For Part-time
Aug 04, 2010

MT/ME positions at Medquist? ...

Full-time/Part-time Hours?
Feb 13, 2012

Since part-time is generally considered 20-25 hrs. per week, does that mean that full-time is anything over 25 hrs. per week or does it have to be a flat 40 hrs? ...

Does Anyone Else Wonder Why Suddenly
Jun 30, 2013

Precyse is such a great company to work for?  Every post I have ever seen about them has been completely negative and now suddenly they are great, pay great and use DQS.  Things that make ya go hmmmmmmm. ...

NJA Suddenly - Anyone Else?
Aug 19, 2014

x ...

Suddenly
Feb 26, 2015

my expansions aren't working.  what's up with that? ...

Supervisor Suddenly MIA?
Aug 23, 2010

Try Google.  Amazing what you find. ...

ASR Suddenly MUCH Worse!!!
Nov 27, 2010

Has anyone noticed that fairly suddenly ASR recognition has gotten much worse.  I know it was pretty bad before, but now I've noticed that even with the clear dictators where in the past the ASR recognition was okay, it's now HORRIBLE.  Weren't we promised the ASR would get BETTER with time.  Didn't they LOWER our pay when they said it got better before.  So, wouldn't it only be fair to move the pay back UP now that it is so horriible and NOT improvin ...

I Am Suddenly A Moron.
May 30, 2012

I can't win for losing with these new QA folks.  Never had a problem before and now I cannot type a report correctly.  Whereas I've typed for the same doctors for 11 years, they don't know the accounts, but I'm wrong in everything.  They have changed the format of the reports, even when the doctor clearly says "could you not put...such and such" and I get messages telling me I'm not folling directions and can I not understand how to do it properly.  R ...

Why Am I Suddenly A Scum MT? Sm
Nov 09, 2014

What happened? Prior to my company being bought out by N a couple years ago, I was constantly getting bonuses, almost every pay period without fail.  Great reviews...always passed them.  Suddenly, I'm pond scum. This has ratcheted up the last couple months. This constant nitpicking is getting to me. I don't even want to check my emails anymore.  What happened to me? Still working same accounts I love and a decent TSM.  I'm not even talking about the monetary lo ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Why Suddenly Less ASR, More Straight Typing?
Nov 19, 2009

Hmm, let's see.  We get a letter from MQ extolling our virtues as MTs, more and more info about nationalizing the EMR with Verizon, etc. and I notice I'm not the only one getting less ASR, more direct typing.  Could be a coincidence, but could be MQ is gathering statistics on us, how the voice recognition program of MQ compares with our production as MTs versus straight typing on our own.  Could MQ be using us as guinea pigs right now to pad their statistics to prove the ...