Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

What would you do? - Need advice

Posted: Jun 10th, 2021 - 11:54 am

So, a few months ago, I took on a side job as a subcontractor doing independent medical evaluation reports.  I took this on to supplement my full-time gig.  When I first spoke with the woman who has this account, she told me that I was "definitely needed" and that the girls who work with her are usually able to make about $600-700 per month doing this as a side gig.  That was exactly what I was looking for, so I immediately jumped on board.  She pays a very good line rate and I really do enjoy this type of work; however, there are a couple of issues that are eating at me and are leaving me wondering what I should do.  First, she has only been giving me about 3-4 jobs per MONTH and I'm not even making $200 per month (she only pays monthly).  Every time I have asked for more work, she has told me that she doesn't have it and will let me know when she does.  I can go a couple of weeks without hearing from her.  Secondly, she is constantly criticizing my work and is always finding something wrong with it, even though I feel that I am doing an excellent job and have 20 years of experience.  She always wants me to call her so she can tell me everything that I did wrong Undecided.  Don't get me wrong; I can absolutely take corrections and constructive criticism, but I just can't ever seem to do anything right by this woman no mater what.  I've never had my work torn apart like this at any othjer job in all my years of doing this.  Just when I think I've produced the perfect report, I get a text with a laundry list of things I've done wrong and usually a snarky remark like, "I don't understand how this is happening."   Also, these jobs are LONG (I'm talking anywhere between 30 and 60 minutes each) and she expects me to go back and relisten to the ENTIRE dictation after I have finished transcribing it, which obviously I am not being paid to do and is time that I could be spending working at my full-time job actually making money.

If you were in my shoes, what would you do?  Would you just throw in the towel or tell her that she needs to provide more work if she wants me to stay on board?  I mean, she kind of needs to make it worth me sticking around!  Am I right?!  She pays a pretty generous line rate and, like I said, I really enjoy the work, but these issues are seriously making me wonder if this is all even worth it.  For the tiny amount of work that she gives me each month and the large amount of criticism that I get with nearly every job that I complete, not to mention having to sit here for 30-60 minutes AFTER I've trancribed the report to relisten to the entire dictation for no additional pay, I'm kind of at my wits end.  Heck, I haven't even been paid yet for last month's work.  

Any thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)