Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

IC status & telling us we cannot "cherry pick" - How about this?

Posted: Aug 8th, 2020 - 3:42 pm

So I am wondering how legal a lot of these IC companies really are when it comes to us being IC vs employees.  A lot of you won't like what I'm about to say, but too many people in this business put up with anything and everything, including paychecks that are wrong that I've seen people willing to just not even challenge.  

I don't know legally if this is true or not, but does it ever occur to any of you that the fact that we are IC's means that we can pick & choose what work we want to do and don't want to do?  Someone tells me I HAVE to type an 8-minute report for 75 or 80 cents????   I don't think so.  It is possible that the very fact that they tell us we cannot "cherry pick" may put them in the status of employer and us employee rather than IC.  Just something to think about.

I will check with an attorney, but personally I think despite the contracts they have us sign, many of them are actually employeres and responsible for the taxes and social security based on their rules and requirements, etc.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)