Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

People need to grow some hookahs - just me

Posted: Aug 8th, 2020 - 5:01 pm In Reply to: It's just assumed - anon

Take the example of Uber/Lyft. They can choose whether to accept a job or not. It is quite clear that a company I recently started with had "assigned" me typing work in an account that is supposed to be editing (got 4 in 2 days) and may have assigned nothing but op reports the day following (which I have minimal training in). That immediately puts them in the employer status. Do you know that professional medical editors (not transcription) make $50-100,000 a year? Only difference is being possibly English BA, but still multiple rules and standards to follow. Why are we being asked to pay our own taxes at rates less than what we made when we were employers? Because women in particular do not have what it takes to stand up for themselves and demand equality and pay. End of story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)