Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Nuance needs to be sued BIG TIME - bad experience

Posted: Aug 12th, 2020 - 10:03 pm In Reply to: I am with you. - sm

I don't think it is legal to deduct for errors. They have to pay for the work done & not hire you back if they don't like your work.

Both Nuance and Aquity (aka MModal) have internal QA staff who cut off work to MTs for a single critical error also. Who in the entire world can do a job like this and never, never make a critical error. That is why most businesses have proofreaders, LoL. Critical error is luck of the draw with QA because we all do our best, but bad days are bad days.

Even the fact of "committing to certain hours" becomes an issue for IC status. Assigning work (e.g. to see how good you are at a specialty) is definitely employee status unless they ask your permission first. Hence, Fluency format is an issue since I know only too well how that happens based on my experience with MModal when my hospital outsourced their staff. You can only "see" 2 jobs at a time also.

MedVoice was a joke. 6 cents a line to type -- less than what I made 15 years ago when I started with benefits? LoL. 3 cents must be to edit. 4.5 cents is still stretching it. At 3 cents a line you have to edit 500 lph to make a measly $15 an hour. I was making 9-11 cents a line typing for an IC company in the early 2000s. Yep to make up for paying my own Social Security. That is how it should work.

If you work on the Fluency platform, their counts are always off about $5 per person even though the counts are right there. You have to challenge it and show them and I know of at least one person who wasn't even going to do that. Why???

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)