Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Everyone's situation is different. I have one year to go - until I can retire early. SM

Posted: Aug 8th, 2020 - 5:28 pm In Reply to: People need to grow some hookahs - just me

I intend to sit back and shut up and not complain right now. Then again, I dont have any kind of real problem with my MTSO and work going much out of order or payroll or anything else.

To be honest, as an IC, if I want to log out and keep checking back until the good work comes up, I could do that.

You want to be an IC and tell them you will pick and choose work as you please, and you start to DO SO, be prepared to be shut out of the system fairly soon afterwards.

I'm not rocking any boats over the next 12 months until I get that SSI check started. Then I will work part-time and go with the flow as I choose.

Sadly, the way things have become, many people have no choice but to put up with the abuse to keep the job. Some people don't have any other job options, especially now as bad as things are.

If you (OP) decide to check with an attorney and stir things up for yourself, I hope you've got backup income to pay attorney fees and live on while your job gets suddenly gone without notice. It will happen.

As far as Uber/Lyft, yes, they do get marked down if they turn down too many ride requests. Good or bad clients, they are supposed to take the next request in the queue also unless they are ready to quit for the day, or need to go for lunch, or put gas in the car, etc. I've had several of my drivers tell me that in our general conversations.

It is what it is. Other people in other careers have to put up with a lot of sh*t too. We simply don't hear much about it because we dont work in those jobs. Gone are the days when the workers held all the power and employers asked "how high" when told to jump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)