Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

New MTs

Aspiring MT Seeking Advice - Hix

Posted: Dec 4th, 2019 - 1:35 am

Note to Mods: Feel free to move this to wherever is most appropriate.

I spent the bigger part of an hour and a half today picking the brain of a Career Advisor from Career Step about potentially enrolling in their MT training course. The overall cost seems reasonable, and from what I can see, the training itself seems fairly in-depth. Not particularly easy, but doable.

I'm looking for some advice from people who have been in the feild a while.

Before I sign on the dotted line with them, is medical transcription really a fesible career choice? The recruiters do a great job of making it sound like a good feild to be in, but can you really make a living at it? Without working yourself completely to death?

What advice would you give to someone in my position looking to make a career in medical transcription?

Are there any glaring red flags I should be watching out for?

Thanks for any help. I'd really appreciate any insight.

Edit:

I just want to say thanks to everyone for the replies. (As well as the glorious dislike bar. lol.) Really. Everything everyone's said has helped a lot.
I also want to wish everyone luck who's still doing MT. Thank you for doing what you do. I didn't know a whole lot about MT to begin with, but after spending some time here reading through the posts, I think you guys deserve some recognition.

I just want to say thanks to everyone for the replies. (As well as the glorious dislike bar. lol.) Really. Everything everyone's said has helped a lot.I also want to wish everyone luck who's still doing MT. Thank you for doing what you do.

I didn't know a whole lot about MT to begin with, but after spending some time here reading through the posts, I think you guys deserve some recognition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)