Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

New MTs

There are other - expenses to consider. sm

Posted: Dec 4th, 2019 - 7:29 pm In Reply to: Is the course still around $3000? - Not recommending this field

Most of us have a computer that is outdated. This is probably my fifth computer, monitors (10), keyboards (15), foot pedals (5), headphones (6), all probably even an under estimation since I've been doing this for decades. I'm going to get a new computer so I can get on with the companies doing Nuance work because that's the program I like the best for editing.

I've bought chairs over the years. I've bought Express Scribe a few times and spell checks and antivirus software. I've bought a few desks over the years. I've spent money on Microsoft Office. I've spent money on printers/copiers/scanners, ink, pens, desk lamps.

I have severe anxiety. I can't work outside the home; I've tried several times. It never works out. It's a whole different world out there now. I've been home for 16 years, I just can't handle an office setting. I love being my own boss. So, you must also have the will power to sit and work at home and be productive and not distracted to many any kind of living.

If this all sounds like a good idea, then go for it. Worst thing that can happen is you're out 3000 dollars, but you've at least tried something you wanted to try. Many other degrees cost so much more, so you might as well. Heck, if anything, finish the course and apply for scribe positions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)