Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

New MTs

I had no delusions of grandeur - Hix

Posted: Dec 4th, 2019 - 3:29 pm In Reply to: What are your goals for pay? - sm

I had no delusions of grandeur about Medical Transcription, really. I expected the work to be difficult, but to at least pull the $34k-$36k per year that I'd been seeing in the statistics I'd come across.

I saw some old posts from the Indeed job forum of people saying voice recognition eliminating jobs. When I asked this recruiter about that, he played it off as "Well, voice recognition still can't recognize homophones that well, or complicated medicine names. There will always be someone physical who has to go and fix those kinds of errors."

He had an answer for everything. When I reminded him he'd said editing paid less on average, he said "A lot of places are going back to regular Medical Transcriptionists versus using speech recognition - because if it's going to need to be edited, it may as well be transcribed accurately to begin with."

Thanks again for your insight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)