Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

New MTs

Red Flags - sm

Posted: Dec 4th, 2019 - 7:08 am In Reply to: Aspiring MT Seeking Advice - Hix

If you look on the job seeker's board, most of the positions require 3 to 10 years' of experience just to apply. I would ask Career Step if they will promise you a job offer upon graduation.

It's not that it takes rocket science to transcribe medical reports, but not all dictators are easy and they get harder as time goes by because most of the good ones are already taken care of by either long-time favorites in the company or have been sent overseas to our International Labor Partners. Even companies that claim we are USA still have to bid on contracts that are basically bare bones. Experienced MTs are looking on a daily basis for work, so where does that leave the new graduate?

I had one time downloaded jobs because I was covering for another MT, she came back early and they took the work away from me and gave it to her. That's how ruthless this job is and you will sit with no work at times and wonder why you even bothered.

If you want to work from home, I would strongly suggest taking communication courses and become a customer service representative or get into collections. In collections, you can actually make commission.

MT pay is bottom barrel right now and looks on the decline according to the Labor of Statistics.

I'd let a list of companies hiring new MTs from Career Step and/or companies that count Career Step as part of your experience before signing anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)