Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

New MTs

I have spent - 3000 on worst things. sm

Posted: Dec 5th, 2019 - 8:11 pm In Reply to: 3000 is a pretty bad worst-case scenario! - So

I just spent 1500 on a billing and coding course that I hated and haven't finished. I can spend another 75.00 to finish it, do the practicum, but I'll need all new books if I want to take the test in 3 months. The test is included in the 1500. I look at it as a life experience. The good thing is I have learned something that can help in a job search if need be even if I'm not certified. It wasn't wasted time or money in my opinion.

Who is to really say that someone won't take the course and really like transcription and run with it. Just because we've seen better times doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good experience for someone new entering the field.

I have seen here where transcriptionists have gotten jobs doing other things in the medical field, so it wouldn't be worthless. It would look great on a resume for other jobs and it's always good to learn anatomy and terminology and software and how to do some critical thinking.

I mean not everything is a horrible idea. It's how you choose to make it worth your while.

Not everyone in this field is retirement age. Not everyone is destitute either. We all make life choices on a daily basis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)