Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

FILING A COMPLAINT AGAINST ALPHA WITH THE DOL - Midnight Rider

Posted: Aug 13th, 2018 - 11:38 pm

Back in April, I saw a number of posts RE "filing a complaint against Alpha Transcription" who is "cheating" the system to get more accounts.   I have read many complaints by Alpha employees who do NOT understand how they are being paid.  In such cases, I urge ALL such employees to keep your own accurate records and compare those recorded hours and pay rate against your actual pay check.

The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) does not require an employer to provide employees pay stubs, but it does require that employers keep accurate records of hours worked and wages paid to employees, which includes statutory employees/independent contractors.

Any time you work on an account that has a federal government contract, you have to be considered a statutory employee (meaning the employer takes out social security and Medicare), NOT classified merely as an independent contractor but an independent contractor/statutory employee, and you have to be paid the hourly rate AND have an additional hourly rate that goes into a benefits fund for health insurance, sick leave and vacation purposes.   For anyone who currently works on a VA federal government contract, you must be paid the hourly wage determination rate.

How do service employees know what wage rate they are supposed to be paid?

On the date a service employee commences work on a SCA covered contract, the contractor or subcontractor is required by law to deliver to the employee or post a notice of the required compensation in a prominent place either at the work site or on a company 's online website...the same applies any time an employer adds an additional VA account to that employee.

Furthermore, I have consistently read from a majority of those complaining that they are NOT receiving any fringe benefits at all, such as health insurance, sick leave, paid vacation, not being paid by the hour, instead being paid by the line, which is in direct contradiction to the McNamara-O’Hara Service Contract Act.

A recent complaint in this regard has already been filed against Alpha as of August 8, 2018 to the Georgia DOL, district director Lisa Kelly.   I personally received a phone call from Lisa on August 8th.  Because Alpha has been busted by the DOL twice already, Lisa informed me that there is a process, but they can get Alpha’s privileges to bid on government contracts revoked if this is the 3rd complaint that they have had that is actually filed and investigated.  We should hear back from the Georgia DOL within 3 to 4 weeks.

PLEASE SEND ANY AND ALL COMPLAINTS TO THE GEORGIA DOL!!!

The reason for filing in Georgia is because Alpha's physical address is in Georgia, 1512 Waynesborough Court, Marietta, GA 30062, so even though you may live in a different state, please send your complaints to Georgia to the address below:

LET 'S HITCH OUR WAGON TO SOMETHING BIGGER THAN OURSELVES!

LET'S MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

"YES, WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Address

US Dept. of Labor
Wage & Hour Division
61 Forsyth Street, SW
Room 7M10
Atlanta, GA 30303

Phone

(678) 237-0525
1-866-4-USWAGE
(1-866-487-9243)

Lisa's direct number: 

770-738-6440
770-738-6464

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)