Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 32)

We are talking about compensation for work - not benefits

Posted: Aug 15th, 2018 - 1:44 pm In Reply to: Alpha HR - Alpha HR

The reason you have so many disgruntled MTs is because you have neglected to lay out the methods by which you compensate them. The reason you're finally doing it here may be because you're feeling the heat of an impending DOL investigation.

"You claim the gross is the sum of a line rate plus the wage rate. No, the gross pay is much higher than your calculation." We were discussing compensation for work performed. I said the gross should be at LEAST the sum of the compensation for nonSCA work (# lines multiplied by line rate) and the compensation for SCA work (# HOURS worked multiplied by wage determination rate). Yes, WAGE DETERMINATION RATE is what that is called on the government's website. I'm providing a link so you can see for yourself since you don't seem to understand this.

"Since the SCA total is higher than the Line rate, the individual has earned $547.84 for their work." Why are you even discussing a LINE rate for SCA contract work? Your MTs are supposed to be paid BY THE HOUR for that work. You're making it sound like you're doing them a favor by paying them what they're SUPPOSED to be paid. The only instance in which you might want to pay them a different amount is if the total lines produced multiplied by a line rate came out to MORE than the total hourly compensation as worked out using the hourly WDR. I'm guessing that has never happened.

You claim that breakdown was for an MT's recent compensation. What about the many Alpha MTs who have posted over the past few years about the fact that they were NOT paid according to the wage determination rate? Are they all lying?

As far as the health and welfare benefit, that is not typically added as income into a person's paycheck. It usually goes into funds for insurance, 401K, etc., respectively. I have no idea why Alpha is adding that to paychecks. While the H&W benefit rate must be multiplied by the # of hours worked, it has nothing to do with pay for work performed.

"A wage rate is different than a wage grade determination. A wage rate is the summation of all of an individual's compensation. It cannot be expressed as a fixed amount." Again, the hourly pay rate for work performed on a SCA contract is a wage determination RATE. A rate is not a summation of all compensation. The rate (in this case WDR) is a FIXED dollar amount multiplied per hours worked--just like a line RATE is a FIXED amount in cents multiplied by line transcribed. Maybe the problem is you are not clear about the terms and their definitions.

"DOL wage grades do not instantly go into effect. Call the DOL. You are 100% wrong." Do you think everyone reading this does not see your huge contradiction about when wage RATES go into effect? You claim you are paying your MTs the WDRs specific to where they live. That has NOTHING to do with the contracts on which they work--NOTHING. So yes, you can see (and so can your MTs) EXACTLY when a WDR goes into effect because the exact date of effect appears on the DOL's website.

I'm 100% correct about how the pay should be calculated. I also know the meanings of the terms. As long as your MTs know the correct rates and what their hours are, they can do the math and make sure you're paying them correctly.

LINK/URL: Wage Determination Rates

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)