Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I think the key to keeping your psyche intact is - realizing it has nothing to do with you

Posted: Jun 6th, 2016 - 8:44 am In Reply to: QA audits - mt110

I have sometimes erroneously slipped into complacency, thinking, I must be getting better, I keep getting 100%. Then BOOM the FIESA attack.

Over time, I have realized that probably every single report I transcribe has some little error which could be used against me to dock my pay, but we as MTs can never know what the factors/motivation are going into the audits.

Whether Nuance decides to put the screws on (like they certainly seem to have been doing the last couple of weeks) because they want to pick more money off us or they want to justify cutting out the QC completely, who knows?

We can only do our best and realize that when they want to cut us down they will.

No one can be perfect. Do they think we want to make typos, mistakes, which cut our pay? The ONLY thing we can do to try to be perfect is to do with the numbers, which is age, labs, meds. That is ABSOLUTELY the only thing I have changed with my transcription since the advent of of FIESA - not that I wasn't vigilant before, but just double checking before I send the reports and blanking anything I am absolutely not certain of.

I always do a search of "year" at the end and make sure you have the right age every time that corresponds with the demographics. If meds/labs are rushed and unclear, blank them (why do the freaking dictators ALWAYS do these rushed and unclear? Would it kill someone to inform THEM why it's so important?). If some QA thinks they can freaking hear it, they are welcome to give me the 0.25 off rather than the 3 off I would get for either not blanking or guessing.

But you really have to realize it has absolutely nothing to do with us MTs, it is merely a mechanism to cut our pay, and that they will employ that mechanism for reasons we cannot fathom and they will never tell us (or no reason at all, just because they can), but that's the only way I can deal with FIESA.

One other thing which has helped me is to try to follow the audio with eyes to voice exactly. You would be surprised how many times you can miss some garbage the ISR throws in there or does not include by fasting ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)