Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Discouraging - Word Slave

Posted: Jun 5th, 2016 - 7:18 am In Reply to: QA audits - mt110

This is what I hate about this job. No matter how hard we work, how hard we try, there will always be some QA out there who has a power trip and will tear your reports apart. Sometimes I think they literally change the report and mark it wrong, because I know that my reports are not as bad as they say they are and a lot of the times, I don't even remember making the mistake and I know many mistakes, I would not make. I am not saying I am perfect, and I will admit to some mistakes, but I know I do not make all the mistakes they say I do. Many QAs are not even qualified to be a QA and many are younger than you and have less experience than you do. Another thing that I absolutely hate about this field is that you rarely,(or NEVER) hear that you did a good job. They are quick to tell you about how terrible you did, but you rarely, if ever, hear that you did a good job. If QAs were trained in education or even training, they would know that positive reinforcement does wonders for a person's psych, which in turn, give them energy and motivation to produce even better work. I have never met a QA who know anything about providing meaningful feedback. It is always all negative....you did this wrong...you did that wrong...what the hell is that...why did you do that....NEVER...good job, great report, good use of grammar....NOTHING positive. So, I know QA effects our production, but don't take it personal. Guaranteed you probably didn't make all the mistakes they said you did...they just want to push you down because for many QAs...it's nothing but a power trip. (If a lot of the work that a QA was ever QAed, I think you would be shocked at the poor work many do). Hang in there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)