Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 62)

You're missing the point entirely. It's a VR error, but that's - not what I am talking about.

Posted: Feb 17th, 2016 - 6:16 pm In Reply to: I think it is more likely just a mispronunciation? - Old Hippie

The VR error just happens to bring the situation to my attention with every single report because I have to correct the VR error. He pronounces "miotic" correctly. That's not the issue.

The point is that he says it with every dictation, and it is simply impossible to believe that every single one of the patients he sees has miotic pupils that prevent him from assessing their eyegrounds. This is a critical part of a neurological examination.

Point: It simply doesn't compute. In fact, what's extremely likely is that some of the patient's he sees have dilated pupils, and so I believe his statement is unlikely to be true.

The most likely explanation is that he is making no effort to do this part of the neurologic exam, instead sloughing it off on mythical "miotic pupils."

It's as if you had a pulmonologist who dictates "no wheezing, rales or rhonchi" on every single patient he sees. At some point, you'd get pretty suspicious. A pulmonologist who never hears any wheezes, rales or rhonchi...really? That's a strange pulmonologist, you'd figure, and it would be so unlikely that you'd be justified in suspecting that he's not doing a chest exam at all.

Just so, I doubt seriously that every patient this neurologist sees has miotic pupils so he can't see their eyegrounds. In fact, it's a statistical impossibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)