A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

International Units capped or not capped - hb

Posted: Feb 24, 2011

International Units or international units

capitalized International Units...nm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
`

Is this in the BOS2 or BOS3, or do you have any link or information stating that it should be capped - hb

[ In Reply To ..]
Just trying to figure out which way BOS prefers.

No, just client preference...nm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
`

It is not capitalized, just a unit of measure like - mg, cm, etc. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Capitalized, According to Stedman's Abbrev... - MT-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

And yet not capitalized in Sted's Lab and Path - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Pancreatic Cancer Chemo: Folfirinox .. F Capped Or All Capped Or None?
Jan 06, 2011

? ...

International Units Or International Units? Is This A Proper Noun? -nm
Nov 25, 2011

x ...

Is The "S" In Staph Aureus Capped, Or Only Capped When Expanded To Staphylococcus Aureus?
Dec 12, 2009

XXX ...

Enterobacter Capped???
May 29, 2015

Is enterobactoer capitalized if it is by itself and not with the species.  My spell check says it is incorrect if it is not capitalized, but i thought it was only supposed to be capitalized if the genus and species are together.   ...

Lichen Sclerosus Et Atrophicus .. Capped Or Not??
Apr 19, 2010

x ...

How Do You Fix Docqscribe So Second Letter Stays Capped
Apr 11, 2012

I know there is a way, cant remember ...

Vapor Wand? Is It Capped? Is It Spelled Correctly? Thanks.
Jan 04, 2010

XX ...

International Units Per Liter Or IU/L For Labs..sm
Feb 23, 2010

Some questions regarding this rule: for medications i know we shoud put in international units or just units but for labs, we can't put in IU/L? should it be internationa units per liter and for IU/mL, do we put in international units per mL or international units per milliliter?   Thanks. ...

S/l "quant Anesthesia Was 4478 Mili International Units
Dec 20, 2009

10 mils"   This is an ESL doctor...really difficult to understand so I may be wayyy off on this! ...

Anyone Ever Hear Of "garden Variety Cold" And Is It Capped?
Jan 26, 2010

x ...

"Capped Vessels" On Abdominal Exam?
Apr 12, 2011

Grade 2 / Grade II Sprain Of The Ankle (also, Is Grade Capped) ?? Nm Thx
Mar 04, 2011

x ...

Nph 30 Units Q.a.m.???
Feb 22, 2012

I have no idea if I need to expand NPH or just put insulin and if I need to do 70/30 units or 30/70 units or just 30 units. Never di insulin before.... ...

Lantus U ?150 Units
Feb 14, 2014

Speaker says Lantus (U?) 150 units bid and then Humalog (U?) 120 units. I assume she is referring to the units somehow but I have never seen this before, what does she mean and how do I write it?  Thank you! ...

Abbreviation For Microinternational Units/mL
Dec 10, 2009

Anyone know what the correct abbreviation for microinternational units/mL.  Is it miu/mL? ...

111 Gray Units Per Centimeter Squared
Apr 23, 2012

x ...

INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
May 14, 2012

Call me naive, but I just saw a popup ad that seems to be advertising that the county where I live has 5 international offices.  I don't know why I'm surprised to hear this, but it seems pertinent to our concerns regarding offshoring.  Maybe we should learn how to join them if we can't beat them?  Maybe global marketing is the subject we all could profit from studying?? "In addition to the U.S.-based International Marketing Division, the *** has offices in Californ ...

International Worker's Day
Mar 06, 2013

http://forum.mtstars.com/465915.html Strike Day is coming up. Start saving your pennies and begin your strike activities on that day when you at least have a critical mass. ...

SCRYPTIONS INTERNATIONAL
Oct 08, 2013

Has anyone ever heard of or worked for this company? ...

Scoping Careers International Has Anyone Ever
Feb 20, 2010

checked into this option or actually worked with these people? ...

Scoping Careers International
Aug 28, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge of this company.  Scoping Careers International Thanks! ...

International Labor Partners, What Do They Do?
Apr 19, 2012

I've read on here previous comments about the ILPs not having the skill set to perform straight transcription/editing, and if that's true (and I tend to believe it myself), then exactly what is their purpose in the industry? Can they churn out the line count (or way above and beyond line requirements)? Can they create/edit a document that is ready for release to clients? Who QAs their grammar, punctuation, spelling (in correct English)? Can they precisely transcribe OR reports, car ...

Tech Support International???
Nov 15, 2012

This might be old news, but I don't call tech support much. I called them a couple of days ago, and the automated voice told me it may be international. I am pretty sure the woman was from India. Last year, I used to only get local boys on the phone for that sort of thing. How long has this been going on? I wonder what sort of impact it had on our tech support guys. ...

Diabetes Meds--Patient Told To Take 25/50 Unites Or 25 Out Of 50 Units?
Feb 12, 2011

I'm a new MT and am not sure if the doctor says "25 out of 50 units" which way it is to be written...I appreciate the help...getting my feet wet with acute care. ...

How To Accurately Transcribe Vitamin D3 5000 Units Daily?
Nov 23, 2011

Question...I've been looking all over trying to figure out the best way to transcribe number/number combinations with medications on a list of meds where using parentheses doesn't seem to be right.  For example: Vitamin D3 5000 units daily, vitamin B12 500 mg daily, etc.  Is there a way to transcribe this where it doesn't look so number-heavy and the dosage is clearly separate from the vitamin? TIA! ...

Your Call May Be Routed To An International Support Representative
Nov 08, 2012

That's the message you get when you call into 1-800-DICTATE now.  Oh joy.  So a very simple support call that used to take 2 minutes, now takes 20 because mohammed doesn't understand half of what I say, and vice versa.  He also doesn't know basic DQS terms that someone who is SUPPOSED to be helping us with DQS issues should know. And don't bother requesting to be transferred to the US support team.  They refuse (probably because there is no US support te ...

How Would We Get Started With The Service Employees International Union
Jan 21, 2013

x ...