A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Diabetes meds--Patient told to take 25/50 unites or 25 out of 50 units? - lg

Posted: Feb 12, 2011

I'm a new MT and am not sure if the doctor says "25 out of 50 units" which way it is to be written...I appreciate the help...getting my feet wet with acute care.

Typo...*units - lg

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Patient Has Diabetes Mellitus
Nov 24, 2014

She is to go on a regimen of a.m. insulin 48 and then 22R.  I am thinking the R means regular versus NPH.  Does this sound right to anyone else or if not what do you think?  Thanks in advance. ...

Help With Med. Patient Has Quite A Large List Of Meds. Sm
Apr 27, 2015

She is status post a thyroidectomy, is being treated for a DVT with Coumadin, has migraine headaches and tremor.  Med s/l basslid or vasslid???  I got nothin!!! Thanks so much! ...

Patient Has Been Taking Her Meds And Lasix, So I Cannot Calcuate S/l FINA NM
Jan 20, 2010

xx ...

List Of Meds For Patient With CHF And Atrial Fib. Include Med S/l Petazopral.
Aug 11, 2011

Any help appreciated.  Thx. ...

International Units Or International Units? Is This A Proper Noun? -nm
Nov 25, 2011

x ...

Why Are We Told This Is Slow Time Of Year? MTSO Told Me This
Dec 09, 2010

make up all late reports, etc for the end of the year.  At my MTSO it is anything but slow, Getting lots of reports from Sept and Oct. ...

Nph 30 Units Q.a.m.???
Feb 22, 2012

I have no idea if I need to expand NPH or just put insulin and if I need to do 70/30 units or 30/70 units or just 30 units. Never di insulin before.... ...

Lantus U ?150 Units
Feb 14, 2014

Speaker says Lantus (U?) 150 units bid and then Humalog (U?) 120 units. I assume she is referring to the units somehow but I have never seen this before, what does she mean and how do I write it?  Thank you! ...

Abbreviation For Microinternational Units/mL
Dec 10, 2009

Anyone know what the correct abbreviation for microinternational units/mL.  Is it miu/mL? ...

International Units Per Liter Or IU/L For Labs..sm
Feb 23, 2010

Some questions regarding this rule: for medications i know we shoud put in international units or just units but for labs, we can't put in IU/L? should it be internationa units per liter and for IU/mL, do we put in international units per mL or international units per milliliter?   Thanks. ...

111 Gray Units Per Centimeter Squared
Apr 23, 2012

x ...

How To Accurately Transcribe Vitamin D3 5000 Units Daily?
Nov 23, 2011

Question...I've been looking all over trying to figure out the best way to transcribe number/number combinations with medications on a list of meds where using parentheses doesn't seem to be right.  For example: Vitamin D3 5000 units daily, vitamin B12 500 mg daily, etc.  Is there a way to transcribe this where it doesn't look so number-heavy and the dosage is clearly separate from the vitamin? TIA! ...

S/l "quant Anesthesia Was 4478 Mili International Units
Dec 20, 2009

10 mils"   This is an ESL doctor...really difficult to understand so I may be wayyy off on this! ...

Diabetes Med
Feb 19, 2010

In assessment/plan, doc says:  Diabetes, on s/l sulfanourian. This is a foreign doc.  No other pertinent information related to diabetes. ...

Diabetes
Aug 24, 2010

is it type II or type 2 diabetes? ...

S/l Mesogenic Diabetes
Nov 04, 2010

tia ...

Diabetes Medication?
May 26, 2013

Doctor is dictating a diabetes medication that sounds like guai-a-cet?  (The "guai" in the first part like guaiac -- phonetic spelling sounds like Gwy-a-cet?  Anybody?   ...

Med S/l Topitigrol Pt With Diabetes.. See More.
Jun 06, 2013

Patient with diabetes with other meds including:  amlodipine, carvedilol, Glucagon and hydrochlorothiazide.  Patient also has chronic kidney disease. ...

Diabetes Medication
Jun 03, 2014

The patient is going to try a new diabetes medication, s/l "acyclofed".  ...

Word Before Diabetes Mellitus
Feb 16, 2010

It sounds like he is saying a dullance of diabetes mellitus for followup A1c. Anyone heard of this or having any suggestions for what it could be??? ...

Diabetes Drug ? Tragenda
Jul 18, 2011

I know I've found this before, but i'm drawing a blank.  It's a diabetes drug that sounds like Tragenda.   Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.  Cindy  ...

Type 2 Diabetes E-mail
Nov 27, 2012

Do we normally get e-mails such as this? Just curious, please don't flame me for asking. TIA ...

Diabetes Med Dose Timing A.c. And B.s. Wbs
Feb 28, 2014

If a doctor dictates  Glucotrol 10 mg p.o. a.c. and b.s.   - i got the a.c.   but what does the b.s mean?  I thought maybe b.s. was before supper, but that would not make any sense.  before meals and before supper? AND Metformin 1000 mg p.o. WBS - what is WBS and how is it correctly "written"  w.b.s.,  WBS, wbs?? ...

Drug S/l Cay-lor Kon. She Has Diabetes, Heart Disease,
Mar 22, 2010

x ...

A Carbos Diet For Gestational Diabetes?
Jan 14, 2011

This patient has gestational diabetes and the doc has put her on s/l "A Carbos" 25 mg t.i.d.  The whole sentence is as follows: I have gone ahead and started her on a carbos 25 mg three times a day to address her postprandial hyperglycemia.   Any help would be appreciated!!  Thanks! ...

Drug S/l Prin-o-pril Pt Has CHF, CAD, HTN, Diabetes
Aug 14, 2011

x ...

Patiet With Diabetes And Peripheral Neuropathy. SM
Mar 31, 2012

Patient presents today with ulceration secondary to Lisfranc amputation.  He has tried bacitracin, Neosporin, and s/l:  Asell and Asellous treatments. ...

Pt W/ Hx Of Non-insulin Dependent Diabetes And Hypertension. See Msg
Sep 11, 2012

Meds in list for H&P s/l ABDICOR?  Any ideas? ...

S/l Zygart, Medication For Either Diabetes, Cancer, Or Hypothyroidism
Feb 02, 2010

s/l Zygart, medication for either diabetes, cancer, or hypothyroidism. ...

Diabetes Med Formula Blood Sugar -150 Divided By 75
Jan 22, 2011

Doc says: Patient's sliding scale insulin will be determined by blood sugar -150 divided by 75. Should I type this as is or is there a formulaic expression for this? I've never come across this type of thing before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...