A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

International Labor Partners, what do they do? - SeaMT

Posted: Apr 19, 2012

I've read on here previous comments about the ILPs not having the skill set to perform straight transcription/editing, and if that's true (and I tend to believe it myself), then exactly what is their purpose in the industry?

Can they churn out the line count (or way above and beyond line requirements)?

Can they create/edit a document that is ready for release to clients?

Who QAs their grammar, punctuation, spelling (in correct English)?

Can they precisely transcribe OR reports, cardiac procedures, vascular lab reports?

So what's the point if they make 3-4 CPL if they can't individually produce volume, or if the work has to two through 2 or 3 other eyes/hands before it is ready for final release?

I don't get the corporate mentality at all. Makes me wonder WTH are they thinking? (Of course 5 and 6-figure salaries while the getting is good, before the company implodes.)

I think they make 1-2 cpl, not 3 or 4 - so no money lost

[ In Reply To ..]
I dont believe they are held to the same standards as we are. They get away with it because no one cares but the US MT.

Similar Messages:

International Units Or International Units? Is This A Proper Noun? -nm
Nov 25, 2011

x ...

CA. Labor Board States "Good Case" Regarding Unpaid Labor
Jun 22, 2015

A fellow MT posted on the Nuance board that she contacted the California Labor Board regarding unpaid labor.  I hope this case creates a precedent!  For me, some jobs are so laden with problems half my time is spent researching and correcting dictator errors - for no pay!  We are not paid to check email, answer email, train, review of all the documents emailed to us, review changes in procedure, doctor exceptions to the rule, working with tech support, reviewing QA, searchin ...

Anybody Heard Of GO Partners
Sep 15, 2011

Is anybody familiar with a company called GO Partners? ...

Go Partners - Any Feedback
Sep 21, 2011

Has anyone had experience with Go Partners?  I was offered a job but didn't have to test for it and that makes me a liittle nervous.  They appear to use the Emdat Inscribe system and do mostly ortho work.  Any feedback would be appreciated. ...

INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
May 14, 2012

Call me naive, but I just saw a popup ad that seems to be advertising that the county where I live has 5 international offices.  I don't know why I'm surprised to hear this, but it seems pertinent to our concerns regarding offshoring.  Maybe we should learn how to join them if we can't beat them?  Maybe global marketing is the subject we all could profit from studying?? "In addition to the U.S.-based International Marketing Division, the *** has offices in Californ ...

International Worker's Day
Mar 06, 2013

http://forum.mtstars.com/465915.html Strike Day is coming up. Start saving your pennies and begin your strike activities on that day when you at least have a critical mass. ...

SCRYPTIONS INTERNATIONAL
Oct 08, 2013

Has anyone ever heard of or worked for this company? ...

Webmedx Partners With NLPI
Sep 28, 2010

Does anyone know anything about Natural Language Processing Solution: MedLee? Webmedx partnered with NLPI. I have been researching it, and it seems very high tech. I can't wrap my brain around it. Is this a step closer to phasing out MTs or no? Here is the article's link: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/webmedx-and-nlp-international-team-to-bring-natural-language-processing-software-to-medical-transcription-103906588.html Today I feel like Laura Ingalls Wilder did when she wa ...

Anybody Know Anything About Cognitive Health Partners?
Jul 14, 2011

I took their test at the mttest testing site and failed the screening portion!  Now I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I have been in the MT business for 18 years and have never failed a test and I have taken 100s of them on mttest.  So I'm stumped.  Anybody else take the screening test and fail.  Right after I took their test and failed the screening, I took another company's test and sailed through each portion and second company's test had a lot of th ...

Cognition Health Partners
Oct 09, 2011

Does anyone work for this company that can tell me any info on them?  I have just taken the test and passed, so I am curious to what they are about ie, amounts of work, type of work, pay?  TIA ...

Scoping Careers International Has Anyone Ever
Feb 20, 2010

checked into this option or actually worked with these people? ...

Scoping Careers International
Aug 28, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge of this company.  Scoping Careers International Thanks! ...

Tech Support International???
Nov 15, 2012

This might be old news, but I don't call tech support much. I called them a couple of days ago, and the automated voice told me it may be international. I am pretty sure the woman was from India. Last year, I used to only get local boys on the phone for that sort of thing. How long has this been going on? I wonder what sort of impact it had on our tech support guys. ...

Anyone Heard Of GO Partners, Past Or Present?
Sep 13, 2011

Has anyone heard of GO Partners, past or present?  Not much in the archives.  Good, bad, American company?  They had a posting listed but now it is down.  Just wondering... ...

Cognition Health Partners - Any Info?
May 08, 2012

Anyone with recent info on this company? Basically wondering if they are a stable company, have enough work, managers okay to get along with, etc. TIA! ...

International Units Per Liter Or IU/L For Labs..sm
Feb 23, 2010

Some questions regarding this rule: for medications i know we shoud put in international units or just units but for labs, we can't put in IU/L? should it be internationa units per liter and for IU/mL, do we put in international units per mL or international units per milliliter?   Thanks. ...

Does Nuance FT Insurance Cover Domestic Partners?
Jan 06, 2012

I'm a FT Webber and think I've heard something about this, but can't seem to find in the insurance info. Thank you! ...

Silent Partners Medical Transcription In Lufkin, TX.
Jun 16, 2014

Has anyone had any experience with Silent Partners Medical Transcription out of Lufkin, Tx and if you have what your experience has been with them, etc.? ...

Silent Partners Transcription Company - WARNING
Jun 26, 2014

Just a warning to anyone thinking of working for this company.  They are very quickly going to disappear because they're so impossible to work for.  I worked for them for 9 months, and in that time: I never received a contract after asking over and over again (yes, I should have quit sooner).  I was repeatedly told that their "lawyers are working on them" and since found out that they had contractors there for up to 7 years with no contract. They only use f ...

Any Thought On Bayscribe/RecordsOne's Other Partners - Landmark Is One.
Sep 10, 2014

Looking at their home page, they seem to be promoting VR as well.  My memory is that Landmark has a (relatively) good reputation. I don't particularly recognize their other transcription partner, DB Transcription.  They also have a coding partner.  http://www.recordsone.com/partners/ Thoughts anyone? (I only got around to checking it out last night).   ...

Your Call May Be Routed To An International Support Representative
Nov 08, 2012

That's the message you get when you call into 1-800-DICTATE now.  Oh joy.  So a very simple support call that used to take 2 minutes, now takes 20 because mohammed doesn't understand half of what I say, and vice versa.  He also doesn't know basic DQS terms that someone who is SUPPOSED to be helping us with DQS issues should know. And don't bother requesting to be transferred to the US support team.  They refuse (probably because there is no US support te ...

How Would We Get Started With The Service Employees International Union
Jan 21, 2013

x ...

S/l "quant Anesthesia Was 4478 Mili International Units
Dec 20, 2009

10 mils"   This is an ESL doctor...really difficult to understand so I may be wayyy off on this! ...

Labor Day
Sep 01, 2014

Today is paid at time and a half correct? ...

Labor And Delivery - Help
Mar 24, 2010

s/l  ...  ciesis at term, onset of labor pains... Thanks! ...

OB Help (labor Problem)
Aug 17, 2010

Doc says: "Cesarean was done for s/l arrest of dilatation and descent."  OB is my worst specialty.  I can never figure this stuff out.  Does anyone know if arrest of dilatation and descent is right? I googled and found a couple of variations on this, but nothing absolute. Thanks in advance. ...

Labor Day Is Meaningless For MTs. For Us,
Sep 03, 2010

I don't even really know what the holiday is supposed to be about.  I've been an MT for so long, I can't even remember the last time I had the day off on Labor Day.   As a result, I haven't really paid attention to, or even cared, about what it's supposed to be.  From what I can see, living near a large body of water, it appears that Labor Day is about drinking beer to the point of major intoxication, and then crashing your boat in ...

US Fair Labor Act
Sep 20, 2011

(e)Study of effects of foreign production on unemployment; report to President and CongressWhenever the Secretary has reason to believe that in any industry under this chapter the competition of foreign producers in United States markets or in markets abroad, or both, has resulted, or is likely to result, in increased unemployment in the United States, he shall undertake an investigation to gain full information with respect to the matter. If he determines such increased unemployment has in fact ...

According To US Dept Of Labor
Dec 15, 2012

Recognized as top career choice by US Dept of Labor Statistics, "employment of medical transcriptions is projected to grow faster on average compared to all other occupations through 2014." In addition, with new health care legislation, adding nearly 50 million people to health insurance will definitely increase the demand for more transcribers.   What a crock. ...

SBE Or SVE Was Complete During Course Of Labor
Apr 14, 2013

nm ...