A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

abbreviation for microinternational units/mL - Cici

Posted: Dec 10, 2009

Anyone know what the correct abbreviation for microinternational units/mL.  Is it miu/mL?

mIU nm - nightshift

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

International Units Or International Units? Is This A Proper Noun? -nm
Nov 25, 2011

x ...

Nph 30 Units Q.a.m.???
Feb 22, 2012

I have no idea if I need to expand NPH or just put insulin and if I need to do 70/30 units or 30/70 units or just 30 units. Never di insulin before.... ...

Lantus U ?150 Units
Feb 14, 2014

Speaker says Lantus (U?) 150 units bid and then Humalog (U?) 120 units. I assume she is referring to the units somehow but I have never seen this before, what does she mean and how do I write it?  Thank you! ...

International Units Per Liter Or IU/L For Labs..sm
Feb 23, 2010

Some questions regarding this rule: for medications i know we shoud put in international units or just units but for labs, we can't put in IU/L? should it be internationa units per liter and for IU/mL, do we put in international units per mL or international units per milliliter?   Thanks. ...

111 Gray Units Per Centimeter Squared
Apr 23, 2012

x ...

Diabetes Meds--Patient Told To Take 25/50 Unites Or 25 Out Of 50 Units?
Feb 12, 2011

I'm a new MT and am not sure if the doctor says "25 out of 50 units" which way it is to be written...I appreciate the help...getting my feet wet with acute care. ...

How To Accurately Transcribe Vitamin D3 5000 Units Daily?
Nov 23, 2011

Question...I've been looking all over trying to figure out the best way to transcribe number/number combinations with medications on a list of meds where using parentheses doesn't seem to be right.  For example: Vitamin D3 5000 units daily, vitamin B12 500 mg daily, etc.  Is there a way to transcribe this where it doesn't look so number-heavy and the dosage is clearly separate from the vitamin? TIA! ...

S/l "quant Anesthesia Was 4478 Mili International Units
Dec 20, 2009

10 mils"   This is an ESL doctor...really difficult to understand so I may be wayyy off on this! ...

International Units Capped Or Not Capped
Feb 24, 2011

International Units or international units ...

Abbreviation NVP (or Is It MVP)?
Jan 11, 2010

My guess ... is this what NPE should stand for? Thanks. Left lower extremity deep venous thrombosis (DVT) no palpable enlargement (NPE). ...

H&P Abbreviation
Jan 18, 2010

HEENT:  He's abbreviating normocephalic and atraumatic as nc, ac.  Should they be in caps - NC, AT? ...

PCS Abbreviation?
Jan 23, 2010

Could someone please explain to me what "PCS antitussive" listed in the plan refers to? I know that p.c. is by mouth and OTC is over-the-counter, but I encountered the above phrase and I'm completely lost. I don't want to capitalize it or not capitalize it (or even put it) if I'm not sure myself. Thanks in advance. ...

Med Name Abbreviation Help!
Apr 23, 2010

I know MS can mean morphine sufate, but I have never heard of MSN.  I am guessing the 3 is a dosage.  Can anyone confirm or correct this, please? Much appreciated! "MSN 3, she takes 1 time per day." ...

Abbreviation Help Please
May 06, 2010

The dictator is a pediatric rheumatologist-new to me as a doc and a specialty.  Is providing a chief complain of "bilateral EVIS" but I can not find this abbreviation anywhere.  The "IS" part sounds a little iffy. Am I hearing this correctly or can someone out there tell me what else this could be?  Thanks so much! ...

Abbreviation Q.8h.
May 20, 2010

The doctor has dictated "q eight hours." Can the abbreviation q. ever be used alone or should I go with q.8h.? Thank you! ...

S Abbreviation?
Jun 06, 2010

I have a handwritten note where the doctor used S with a line above it for an abbreviation.  I know this either means with or without but am wondering which one?  I don't know how to type S with a line above it and it's pretty important I get it right as it is a determination of capacity for the patient to make medical decisions.  Thanks!    ...

OTL Abbreviation
Sep 12, 2010

Hi Everyone. Does anybody have a clue what OTL stands for when referring to orthopedics.   thanx ...

Abbreviation PFP (or Maybe PFT Or PFE)?
Mar 24, 2011

Hi, I'm transcribing for an ENT physician who dictated the following about a 7-year-old boy: "He has had problems with allergy and symptoms of fever, headache, facial pressure, postnasal drip, and sore throat. He has had PFPs which were normal." I haven't heard the abbreviation before of PFP and the doctor is speaking quickly enough that I can't tell if maybe it ends in an E or T instead of P. My various googling of the different abbreviations has come up with medical abbreviat ...

ATS Abbreviation
Oct 07, 2011

He follows up preoperatively for right shoulder ATS/PLCR.  Did I type this correctly and what is ATS?  Thanks in advance. ...

Abbreviation: PIC
Mar 08, 2012

Patient has chronic ulcerative colitis and colectomy with J-pouch.  He also says "There is no history of PIC or previous liver problems."  Patient now has very elevated liver function tests and is undergoing an ERCP.  Does anyone know what "PIC" is? I have checked all my usual sources, and it's just not there.  Help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance! ...

Help With Abbreviation..Please !
Mar 11, 2012

This is a consultation on a 2-week old baby girl with RSV bronchiolitis. Dictated:  She is still having coughing and wheezing. She is still having intermittent plugging. Because of the plugging, I reinstituted her Albuterol treatments, mostly for the humidity aspect with some (sounds like “PD&C”) in it.   I’ve searcned PD and C, PDNC, PD&C and came up with absolutely nothing.  Could he possibly mean this?  “chlorpheniramine / dextromethorph ...

EGD Abbreviation
Mar 12, 2012

Have come across a new abbrev for me twice in the last 4 reports on EGDs, runs something like "GE junction and STJ are at 37 cm"  Can't for the life of me find what STJ means. ...

CTO Abbreviation
Aug 02, 2012

Patient has cardiac issues, obstruction, right bundle branch block underwent cath and was recommended to udergo CTO.....then in the diagnosis he says "status post CTO" I am not familar with this - does anyone know what it stands for (to be expanded in the diagnosis)? Thanks for the cardiac expertise! ...

Abbreviation
Jul 01, 2014

dictating drugs and I never heard of the abbreviation - Digoxin 0.5 mg IVI, Cipro 400 IVI? heard to IV but no IVI. ...

Abbreviation CEP
Jul 14, 2014

Has anyone heard of this abbreviation? DX: Chest pain with radiation down right arm and leg PLAN: Admit to observation for CEP. ...

PPD Abbreviation
Mar 18, 2015

Infant was given 1 minute of PPD. I can not find anywhere what PPD in this instance would be abbreviation for. Thanks. ...

Abbreviation For Millivolt
Mar 10, 2010

What is the proper abbreviation for millivolt?  My reference says it is MV.  What do your references say?  Please state the reference. ...

Abbreviation Help On New Specialty
Apr 02, 2010

I have a pt with "EA" that I am trying to spell out in the assessment but I am not able to figure out what this could be for this pt.  I know the pt has anoxic encephalopathy, dysphasia (or could be dysphagia-could be either with this pt) aphasia, respiratory failure, pneumonia. Any suggestions what EA could be in this pt?   ...

Anyone Know The Abbreviation For Microreduction?
Apr 16, 2010

n/m ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of The Abbreviation
Jul 10, 2010

This is regarding a pt who was hospitalized for a presumed stroke that did not show on either MRI or CT.  Dictator is discussing this: As it turns out, the symptoms resolved within 48 hours and neither the CT scan nor the MRI scan showed that she had actually had a stroke so this was a prolonged "TRA" or a reversible ischemic neurologic deficit or RIND. The R is very clear so I really do not think it is TIA (if only it were so easy on a Saturday night!) ...