A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"Capped vessels" on abdominal exam? - Tina

Posted: Apr 12, 2011

Please give the whole sentence. - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Sorry! - Tina

[ In Reply To ..]
Negative S/L "cap-pid" vessels. And this is on an abdominal exam.

caput vessels - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
n
Thanks! - Tina
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought maybe that was it, but I looked up the definition for caput and it just said pertaining to the head and I could find no reference of caput vessels. TY!
You're welcome! The more context the better. If you thought caput and you know abdomen, search - Olive
[ In Reply To ..]
caput abdomen and see what you get. It could point you in the right direction.

caput medusae - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
1. Varicose veins radiating from the umbilicus, seen in Cruveilhier-Baumgarten syndrome.
2. Dilated ciliary arteries girdling the corneoscleral limbus in rubeosis iridis.
SYN: Medusa head.

Similar Messages:

Ophthalmology Exam S/l Dismaculan Vessels
Jun 15, 2010

The doc says "Retina examination shows normal _____ vessels." After having googled and googled, I wonder if he is saying disk macula and vessels or maybe disk-macula and vessels.  I have found a hyphenated "disk-macula" but only once, so I don't know whether to trust this or not. And it could be something else.  It could be "dis-something," but I just can't find anything that begins with "dis" related to eye anatomy. It could be "disk," which actually would make some sen ...

Fundoscopic Exam Is Normal With S/l Crisp Vessels
Mar 12, 2010

Funduscopic exam is normal with s/l crisp vessels.   ...

Pancreatic Cancer Chemo: Folfirinox .. F Capped Or All Capped Or None?
Jan 06, 2011

? ...

Abdominal Exam
Jul 21, 2014

Moderately to mildly obese ____s/l "majune". Liver, kidneys and spleen not palpable.  ...

Abdominal Exam... S/l Bobo Rigely And No Rushes
Oct 11, 2010

Doctor is on physical exam.  She is dictating the abdominal exam and says, "She is tender in left upper quadrant, left midquadrant.  No guarding or rebount.  There is is s/l bobo rigely and no rushes. ...

International Units Capped Or Not Capped
Feb 24, 2011

International Units or international units ...

Sounds Like "no Lasigs" In Abdominal Exam ?? N/m
Aug 22, 2014

n/m ...

Is The "S" In Staph Aureus Capped, Or Only Capped When Expanded To Staphylococcus Aureus?
Dec 12, 2009

XXX ...

Enterobacter Capped???
May 29, 2015

Is enterobactoer capitalized if it is by itself and not with the species.  My spell check says it is incorrect if it is not capitalized, but i thought it was only supposed to be capitalized if the genus and species are together.   ...

Lichen Sclerosus Et Atrophicus .. Capped Or Not??
Apr 19, 2010

x ...

How Do You Fix Docqscribe So Second Letter Stays Capped
Apr 11, 2012

I know there is a way, cant remember ...

Vapor Wand? Is It Capped? Is It Spelled Correctly? Thanks.
Jan 04, 2010

XX ...

OM1 And OM2 Are Both Small Vessels. "ICLRC " Had A 10% Stenosis.
Jun 15, 2010

? ...

Anyone Ever Hear Of "garden Variety Cold" And Is It Capped?
Jan 26, 2010

x ...

Abdominal Help
Dec 07, 2009

The peritoneum was dissected from the underside of the rectus muscle and further down into the space of s/l "rescue." Suggestions?   ...

Abdominal Ct
Sep 27, 2010

It s/l red pleural but could be one word together.  Does this make sense? "Abdominal CT only demonstrated a large calcium red pleural collection again consistent with her history of tuberculosis."   Thanks! ...

Abdominal 'thrust' Sm
Nov 17, 2009

Cannot be thrust as it does not apply.  Nothing else said about abdomen. ...

Abdominal Asphia?
May 14, 2010

This sentence is under the abdominal exam section..."...no lipoatrophy or subcutaneous hemorrhage. Abdominal (s/l asphia) not present nor with obvious organomegaly..." I have no idea what this word could be.  Please help! ...

Abdominal Ultrasound
Aug 01, 2010

Multiple gray-scale and color flow images of the __________ were performed The __________ appears slightly prominent with a length of approximately 2 cm.  Sounds like she is saying "pillars".  HUH???? ...

Abdominal Pannus
Oct 12, 2010

Sounds like "flaps retracted in a coadapt fashion." Any such phrase? ...

Abdominal S/l Kruse?
Nov 04, 2010

Hey, need help!  I have been working on this 20 minute report for a long time, all kinds of abdominal procedure. He says this word over and over, and I cannot find out what it is. One sample is "we carried this dissection up the greater curvature towards the base of the left s/l kruse, dividing the gastrosplenic attatchements." I hope someone can help! ...

Abdominal Pain
Apr 25, 2011

"abdomen soft with 2 T's tenderness" ??? ...

Snits In Abdominal Surgery
Mar 30, 2011

Anyone heard of "linea alba lifted between snits" in abdominal or liver surgery?  Is it an abbreviation?  Thanks. ...

Pan-abdominal Ventral Hernia?
Jan 31, 2013

HI   Is Pan-abdominal ventral hernia correct?  ...

AIIMS Exam Or AMES Exam
Sep 15, 2011

Doing a report for a counseling and recovery center. Dr. says.... AIIMS exam showed mild involuntary movement of upper extremities and t____ assessment. Is it AIMS exam or Ames exam. I am also unsure of the blank, it sounds like it starts with the letter T. Thank you Thank you in advance! ...

Surgery For Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Jun 15, 2010

Sounds like hypigastric??? ...

Abdominal Surgery Word/technique
Jun 17, 2010

Percutaneous gastrostomy procedure, same word used twice: "A good light reflex was noted on the anterior abdominal wall. A 1:1 (S/L boh-lowt-ment) was directly visualized." and again "A transverse incision slightly to the left of midline was made where a good 1:1 *** was visualized." I know they use ballottement in obstetrics, and it sounds similar to that, but more like boh-lowt-ment. Also the 1:1 is dictated "one to one" I am assuming it is typed as above, but not sure since I&# ...

Pre-hydrated ? - Abdominal Incisional Hernia
Feb 24, 2011

Does anyone know what this could be? S/l per-per-di-cal A 7.6 x 15.2 cm sheet of Sepramesh was marked on its absorbable surface with multiple interrupted 0 Vicryl sutures and pre-hydrated (___). thanks ...

Abdominal Pain/Blight's Sign?
Feb 01, 2012

Patient came in with abdominal cramping. s/l "Blight's sign" is negative. Thank you ...

The Patient Has What S/l An Un-sy-fee Lower Abdominal Scar - SM
May 30, 2013

dr doing a laparoscopic cholecystectomy and cant use his normal incision site because the patient had an un-sy-fee lower abdominal incision so he has to put his ports in another place.  Non-ESL, very clear.  I am sure this is an abbreviation for something or some kind of nickname, but cant come up with anything.  Any ideas...TIA.  ...