A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Scoping Careers International has anyone ever - TJ

Posted: Feb 20, 2010

checked into this option or actually worked with these people?

I've checked out scoping careers - and they are few and far between

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

You are so right! (sm) - Too true.

[ In Reply To ..]
My town is about a half-million people. There are exactly 2 companies that do scoping. They have about 5 employees each. The surrounding smaller towns don't have any (and apparently don't need them). It sounds fascinating, but if you have to wait for someone dies to get their job, what's the point? I don't wait well.

Oh, and...(sm) - Too true forgot to say...

[ In Reply To ..]
They also teach it a my local community college, so you wouldn't have to take it from that woman who advertises all over the place - if you're interested, check your local colleges. It might even be cheaper.

Scoping Careers International Has anyone ever heard - saharris

[ In Reply To ..]

Not only have I heard of Scoping Careers International, I am a recent graduate. I've spoken to other success scopists who have gone through Scoping Careers International course and who also recommend Scoping Careers International without hesitation.

I can only report that I too have had a very positive experience.

Sandra Harris

Similar Messages:

Scoping Careers International
Aug 28, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge of this company.  Scoping Careers International Thanks! ...

Changing Careers Maybe--any Info On "Scoping Careers" Sm
Apr 11, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company and/or this program/career?  Thinking of changing careers.  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

International Units Or International Units? Is This A Proper Noun? -nm
Nov 25, 2011

x ...

Scoping. Has Anyone Ever Done This?
Jul 01, 2010

I keep seeing this ad and it seems so interesting but I also feel it is probably as scam.  Does anyone have experience in this at all?  It seems like it would be so easy for a good transcriptionist to do this.  I'm just starting to so loathe my job and want a change. I even attempted the court reporting but I couldn't get past using phonetics instead of spelling words correctly.  It drove me crazy and it is very hard to train for one and work for ...

Scoping
Apr 17, 2014

I know I have read things about "scoping" on this board in the past but do not know what it is.  Anybody out there who can tell me what scoping is?  Any and all info would be appreciated.  if possible, I would appreciate a response on this board rather than email as I am experiencing some issues with my email currently.  Thanks in advance.   ...

Anyone Had Success With Scoping?
Oct 05, 2010

Sick of the virtual sweat shops of medical transcription.  Anyone had success with switcing to scoping??  How do you get employed in this field.  I never see any particular companies hiring for this.  I would guess that after you finish the program you would just advertise your services?  Any insights apprecitated. ...

Scoping For Court Reporters
Jul 26, 2010

I am considering taking a scoping course/do reports for court reporters, may be in the future to make a switch from medical transcription.  Anyone has any advice for me.  Thanks. ...

Has Anyone Researched Court Reporting Or Scoping? SM
Oct 19, 2010

All of my work seems to be going to EMR or voice recognition.  I have three kids and I need to stay financially stable.  As I hang on to my last account, I am looking to go back to school.  I dont know where to go.  I was thinking about court reporting and/or scoping work.  Does anyone know where I can find information on these careers? Better yet, does anyone have personal experiencing working within this field? ...

INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
May 14, 2012

Call me naive, but I just saw a popup ad that seems to be advertising that the county where I live has 5 international offices.  I don't know why I'm surprised to hear this, but it seems pertinent to our concerns regarding offshoring.  Maybe we should learn how to join them if we can't beat them?  Maybe global marketing is the subject we all could profit from studying?? "In addition to the U.S.-based International Marketing Division, the *** has offices in Californ ...

International Worker's Day
Mar 06, 2013

http://forum.mtstars.com/465915.html Strike Day is coming up. Start saving your pennies and begin your strike activities on that day when you at least have a critical mass. ...

SCRYPTIONS INTERNATIONAL
Oct 08, 2013

Has anyone ever heard of or worked for this company? ...

Does Anybody Know If Judy Barrett's Scoping School Is Still In Business?
May 29, 2014

I have seen the scoping discussed in the archives and just wondered if this school was still in business as I see nothing new about it online since a lawsuit in 2010. Anybody know anything?      ...

International Labor Partners, What Do They Do?
Apr 19, 2012

I've read on here previous comments about the ILPs not having the skill set to perform straight transcription/editing, and if that's true (and I tend to believe it myself), then exactly what is their purpose in the industry? Can they churn out the line count (or way above and beyond line requirements)? Can they create/edit a document that is ready for release to clients? Who QAs their grammar, punctuation, spelling (in correct English)? Can they precisely transcribe OR reports, car ...

Tech Support International???
Nov 15, 2012

This might be old news, but I don't call tech support much. I called them a couple of days ago, and the automated voice told me it may be international. I am pretty sure the woman was from India. Last year, I used to only get local boys on the phone for that sort of thing. How long has this been going on? I wonder what sort of impact it had on our tech support guys. ...

Going Back To School - Info On Court Reporting And/or Scoping?
Nov 06, 2010

Anybody have any info on court reporting and/or scoping? ...

International Units Per Liter Or IU/L For Labs..sm
Feb 23, 2010

Some questions regarding this rule: for medications i know we shoud put in international units or just units but for labs, we can't put in IU/L? should it be internationa units per liter and for IU/mL, do we put in international units per mL or international units per milliliter?   Thanks. ...

Switching Careers From Mt
May 18, 2010

Any of you thought of switching to dental laboratory technician, you can work independently a lot of times and they make pretty decent money.  Or do any of you know a dental lab tech and if they like their job, just looking around for something else to do besides MT ...

IMPORTANT! NEW CAREERS FOR MTs.
Aug 18, 2011

I have been enrolled in college for the last year while still working.  Found out today about a whole new carrer that has just come out and being created because of EHR/EMR and now being offered and will become even more popular. My teachers in college informed me of a meeting they had in the city where I live.  This meeting was held with physicians, PA's, NP's, MT's, Medical Assistance, nurses, etc.  Because of EHR/EMR, most doctor's (about 78%) do not like ...

MT's Enjoying Their Careers?
Oct 30, 2011

If you are a MT that actually enjoys your career choice please leave a post or send me an email. I would like to know how you make it work and stay happy with your career choice. All i see on this forum is people complaining about their career choice, low rates and no available work. So how do you handle this? How many jobs do you have, how do you schedule more than 1 job, materials & resources you use to assist you and any other info you can give me. Just like every other career there are ppl u ...

For Those Who Want To Change Careers,
Nov 30, 2011

google "TAA petition" and read the website to start one against MQ for displaced workers since they are sending all the work to India, especially those displaced due to buyouts.  This is an excellent way to get school paid for to change careers and to make MQ pay for their indiscretions.  Finally, a way to gain from all of this. I think you can contact your department of labor in your state if you have any questions also. ...

For Those Who Have Switched Careers
Feb 15, 2012

I am considering going to school to get a certificate/AA type of training, possibly in MA, pharm tech, or massage therapy, that sort of thing.  If you have experience with this, did you run into the "newbie" catch-22 thing where you have to have experience to get a job or can you usually find something right out of school? ...

Other At Home Careers??
Jan 13, 2015

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any other honest work at home companies other than transcription? I recall a while back someone mentioning their son working for a company at home basically taking incoming calls for I think Direct TV, but didn't directly work for Direct TV, he worked through a different company. I've been doing MT work for 15 years and like many I'm tired, I'm bored. I don't want to search for days just to find a ton of scams or jobs that pa ...

Your Call May Be Routed To An International Support Representative
Nov 08, 2012

That's the message you get when you call into 1-800-DICTATE now.  Oh joy.  So a very simple support call that used to take 2 minutes, now takes 20 because mohammed doesn't understand half of what I say, and vice versa.  He also doesn't know basic DQS terms that someone who is SUPPOSED to be helping us with DQS issues should know. And don't bother requesting to be transferred to the US support team.  They refuse (probably because there is no US support te ...

How Would We Get Started With The Service Employees International Union
Jan 21, 2013

x ...

YahooNews: Future Careers.........
Apr 06, 2010

Career Tools > Career Articles > Future Careers: What's Hot, What's Not Future Careers: What's Hot, What's Not   by Gina Pogol, FindtheRightSchool.com   Preparing for a career is a serious business, and the wrong choice can be costly. You don't want to graduate after several years' work only to find that your industry has relocated to China. Technology has affected labor markets in two ways: First, companies jumped on labor-saving devices ...

TRANSCRIPTIONISTS CAREERS ENDING?
May 02, 2011

HAS ANYONE HEARD THAT TRANSCRIPTIONISTS WILL NO LONGER BE NEEDED IN THE YEAR 2013 AS PHYSICIANS WILL BE GIVEN INCENTIVES TO CARRY LAPTOPS AND ENTER ALL INFO IN? ...

If Not Transcription/editing Then What Other Careers?
Jun 24, 2012

Hi all  It seems alot of people on here are discouraging people from getting into the field. But, I've been wondering, what then would be some good alternative fields to get into? I can type 90wpm and am good at organizing things. I haven't worked in like 2 years (due to agorophobia)  and I need to get my life back on track. I need to go to school for something, but I'm just not sure what to get into if not medical editing. ...

Careers MTs Switch To--Ideas?
Sep 06, 2013

What type of careers are any one of you who are leaving MT or who are former MTs are retraining for? I'm very undecided. I'm not too crazy about being in school a long time or least longer than 1-1/2 to 2 years. I thought about coding but heard that that field is changing too like MT. I would like to stay in the medical field but I'm not sure about the degree of direct patient contact I want. I thought about radiology technician but not really sure. Any ideas to at least all ...

S/l "quant Anesthesia Was 4478 Mili International Units
Dec 20, 2009

10 mils"   This is an ESL doctor...really difficult to understand so I may be wayyy off on this! ...

Former MT Wanting To Change Careers But Lost
Jan 02, 2013

Hello, Worked as an MT from 1994 until 2010. Starting have problems with my hands in 2003. Becoming an editor saved my life in 2005 and was able to work on broken hands a couple more years. The editing became even more painful with changing every other word, pay went down, and I found myself with a repetitive stress injury (tendinitis). Lost my workers comp case, although doctor said injury was caused by being an MT for 16 years, however, judge wasn't hearing it as workers comp had ...