A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

nph 30 units q.a.m.??? - pg

Posted: Feb 22, 2012

I have no idea if I need to expand NPH or just put insulin and if I need to do 70/30 units or 30/70 units or just 30 units. Never di insulin before....

no - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
You should trascribe as dictated.

NPH 30 units q.a.m. - CMT/QA

[ In Reply To ..]
Do not expand NPH or take it upon yourself to insert "insulin" or "70/30" or anything else.

You're going to get yourself into big, big trouble by putting in things the doc never said.

Your friendly QA.

Similar Messages:

International Units Or International Units? Is This A Proper Noun? -nm
Nov 25, 2011

x ...

Lantus U ?150 Units
Feb 14, 2014

Speaker says Lantus (U?) 150 units bid and then Humalog (U?) 120 units. I assume she is referring to the units somehow but I have never seen this before, what does she mean and how do I write it?  Thank you! ...

Abbreviation For Microinternational Units/mL
Dec 10, 2009

Anyone know what the correct abbreviation for microinternational units/mL.  Is it miu/mL? ...

International Units Per Liter Or IU/L For Labs..sm
Feb 23, 2010

Some questions regarding this rule: for medications i know we shoud put in international units or just units but for labs, we can't put in IU/L? should it be internationa units per liter and for IU/mL, do we put in international units per mL or international units per milliliter?   Thanks. ...

111 Gray Units Per Centimeter Squared
Apr 23, 2012

x ...

Diabetes Meds--Patient Told To Take 25/50 Unites Or 25 Out Of 50 Units?
Feb 12, 2011

I'm a new MT and am not sure if the doctor says "25 out of 50 units" which way it is to be written...I appreciate the help...getting my feet wet with acute care. ...

How To Accurately Transcribe Vitamin D3 5000 Units Daily?
Nov 23, 2011

Question...I've been looking all over trying to figure out the best way to transcribe number/number combinations with medications on a list of meds where using parentheses doesn't seem to be right.  For example: Vitamin D3 5000 units daily, vitamin B12 500 mg daily, etc.  Is there a way to transcribe this where it doesn't look so number-heavy and the dosage is clearly separate from the vitamin? TIA! ...

S/l "quant Anesthesia Was 4478 Mili International Units
Dec 20, 2009

10 mils"   This is an ESL doctor...really difficult to understand so I may be wayyy off on this! ...

International Units Capped Or Not Capped
Feb 24, 2011

International Units or international units ...