A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is the "S" in Staph aureus capped, or only capped when expanded to Staphylococcus aureus? - cheesecake

Posted: Dec 12, 2009

XXX

I always capitalize it - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
It is still a genus even when shortened.

Kind of like when you shorten Ronald to Ron... you still capitalize Ron.

exactly... - kimba2

[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly. The only time I DO NOT cap, is when there is NO species that follows.

Similar Messages:

Mini Staph Aureus
May 25, 2010

Has anyone ever hear of mini staph aureus and, if so, is that how it is transcribed?  TIA ...

Is Staph Capitalized In "Methicillin-resistance Staph Aureus"?...I Know It Isn't When
Feb 01, 2012

nm ...

Pancreatic Cancer Chemo: Folfirinox .. F Capped Or All Capped Or None?
Jan 06, 2011

? ...

International Units Capped Or Not Capped
Feb 24, 2011

International Units or international units ...

Enterobacter Capped???
May 29, 2015

Is enterobactoer capitalized if it is by itself and not with the species.  My spell check says it is incorrect if it is not capitalized, but i thought it was only supposed to be capitalized if the genus and species are together.   ...

Lichen Sclerosus Et Atrophicus .. Capped Or Not??
Apr 19, 2010

x ...

How Do You Fix Docqscribe So Second Letter Stays Capped
Apr 11, 2012

I know there is a way, cant remember ...

Vapor Wand? Is It Capped? Is It Spelled Correctly? Thanks.
Jan 04, 2010

XX ...

Anyone Ever Hear Of "garden Variety Cold" And Is It Capped?
Jan 26, 2010

x ...

"Capped Vessels" On Abdominal Exam?
Apr 12, 2011

Grade 2 / Grade II Sprain Of The Ankle (also, Is Grade Capped) ?? Nm Thx
Mar 04, 2011

x ...

To Cap Or Not To Cap Staphylococcus
Nov 17, 2009

"The patient has staphylococcus/Staphylococcus."  Should Staphylococcus be capitalized if used alone--no species with it?  I know it's "staphylococcal," but not sure about this format.  I  would appreciate any help or a source where I can find the answer.  Thanks! ...

Staphylococcus
Aug 26, 2011

could someone please clear this up for me - to capitalize or not ?? ...

Streptococcus And Staphylococcus
Oct 25, 2010

Are these words always capitalized? ...

Staph Or Staph
May 21, 2011

Dictated:  ..... to rule out staph infection.   In this instance, is "staph" capitalized or no?   Thank you. ...

Should Staph Be Capitalized In This Sentence?
May 28, 2011

In this sentence, "The wound cultured staph aureus" should Staph be capitalized or not?  Stedman's doesn't help.  It has it both ways.  Can't find in BOS. ...

Word Expanded
May 25, 2010

I'm currently trancribing reports in microsft word but I'm looking to create expanders to increase my speed.  Does anyone know if Word has this feature or should I buy a text expander program?  Is there a text expander program that is affordable and decent? ...

Is HCTZ Okay Or Does It Always Get Expanded?
Jul 30, 2010

Or does it vary by account?  I thought it was kind of slang. ...

Nitro Expanded?
Mar 15, 2012

If a doc says "nitro" and the account wants expansion of slang, does nitro get expanded to nitroglycerin or might there be other expansions?  If there were other expansions and I wasn't sure then I would just leave it blank.  My drug book has other drugs beginning with nitro but not sure if "nitro" is slang specifically for nitroglycerin.  Thanks for any help. ...

Are You Paid For Expanded Macros?
Nov 10, 2010

I just recently started on a new account where there are lots of macros we have to spend time choosing and selecting carefully.  I'm not sure if I'm even getting paid for the fully expanded macros or just wasting time while the doc mumbles and fumbles about which macros to choose and all for free.  I have an E-mail in to the supervisor, but the more advanced technology gets in this field, the more it seems we work for free.  I'm venturing that we do not get paid fo ...

Dictaphone - Hit Some Keys And Now My Tool Bar Has Expanded
Nov 17, 2010

I accidently hit some keys and now my tool bar has expanded and shows  what look like editing tabs?  (speech) right. (speech) etc.   But I have no idea what I hit so I don't know how to undo.  Any ideas?   I am in Word 07.   Thank you ...

Is Q.h.s. Expanded Jeopardizing Patient Safety?
Jun 14, 2012

I should have looked into this a litte further a few months ago but it made me fail an audit because I expanded it.  I thought it was still a no,no to use it.  My bad. ...

How Do You Put 20-year-old In Auto Correct/expanded Type?
Jul 21, 2011

sx ...

BG Chem/chem BG - Expanded - Sm
Sep 19, 2012

I know this has come up before but we can't find anything definitive.  Anyone know how to properly transcribe the full version of this abbreviation?     Thanks in advance:) ...