A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

international units per liter or IU/L for labs..sm - MTnewbie

Posted: Feb 23, 2010

Some questions regarding this rule:

for medications i know we shoud put in international units or just units

but for labs, we can't put in IU/L? should it be internationa units per liter

and for IU/mL, do we put in international units per mL or international units per milliliter?

Thanks.

labs - why

[ In Reply To ..]
Why can't you use IU/L for labs? What labs would you use IU/L for anyway?

IU - thinfingers

[ In Reply To ..]
We can't use IU. On the Joint Commission list of Do Not Use abbreviations.

for liver function tests - thanks

[ In Reply To ..]
for LFTs... that is what they are using for the hospital I am working for..

Similar Messages:

International Units Or International Units? Is This A Proper Noun? -nm
Nov 25, 2011

x ...

S/l "quant Anesthesia Was 4478 Mili International Units
Dec 20, 2009

10 mils"   This is an ESL doctor...really difficult to understand so I may be wayyy off on this! ...

International Units Capped Or Not Capped
Feb 24, 2011

International Units or international units ...

Grams And G, Liter And L
Sep 25, 2010

I was reading one of the posts below that discusses using "g" for gram/grams and using "L" for liter/liters. But I'm wondering because it really doesn't make a lot of sense.  Why do we use a little "g" for gram, but we use a capital "L" for liter? Anyone know? ...

Nph 30 Units Q.a.m.???
Feb 22, 2012

I have no idea if I need to expand NPH or just put insulin and if I need to do 70/30 units or 30/70 units or just 30 units. Never di insulin before.... ...

Lantus U ?150 Units
Feb 14, 2014

Speaker says Lantus (U?) 150 units bid and then Humalog (U?) 120 units. I assume she is referring to the units somehow but I have never seen this before, what does she mean and how do I write it?  Thank you! ...

Abbreviation For Microinternational Units/mL
Dec 10, 2009

Anyone know what the correct abbreviation for microinternational units/mL.  Is it miu/mL? ...

111 Gray Units Per Centimeter Squared
Apr 23, 2012

x ...

INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
May 14, 2012

Call me naive, but I just saw a popup ad that seems to be advertising that the county where I live has 5 international offices.  I don't know why I'm surprised to hear this, but it seems pertinent to our concerns regarding offshoring.  Maybe we should learn how to join them if we can't beat them?  Maybe global marketing is the subject we all could profit from studying?? "In addition to the U.S.-based International Marketing Division, the *** has offices in Californ ...

International Worker's Day
Mar 06, 2013

http://forum.mtstars.com/465915.html Strike Day is coming up. Start saving your pennies and begin your strike activities on that day when you at least have a critical mass. ...

SCRYPTIONS INTERNATIONAL
Oct 08, 2013

Has anyone ever heard of or worked for this company? ...

Scoping Careers International Has Anyone Ever
Feb 20, 2010

checked into this option or actually worked with these people? ...

Scoping Careers International
Aug 28, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge of this company.  Scoping Careers International Thanks! ...

International Labor Partners, What Do They Do?
Apr 19, 2012

I've read on here previous comments about the ILPs not having the skill set to perform straight transcription/editing, and if that's true (and I tend to believe it myself), then exactly what is their purpose in the industry? Can they churn out the line count (or way above and beyond line requirements)? Can they create/edit a document that is ready for release to clients? Who QAs their grammar, punctuation, spelling (in correct English)? Can they precisely transcribe OR reports, car ...

Tech Support International???
Nov 15, 2012

This might be old news, but I don't call tech support much. I called them a couple of days ago, and the automated voice told me it may be international. I am pretty sure the woman was from India. Last year, I used to only get local boys on the phone for that sort of thing. How long has this been going on? I wonder what sort of impact it had on our tech support guys. ...

Diabetes Meds--Patient Told To Take 25/50 Unites Or 25 Out Of 50 Units?
Feb 12, 2011

I'm a new MT and am not sure if the doctor says "25 out of 50 units" which way it is to be written...I appreciate the help...getting my feet wet with acute care. ...

How To Accurately Transcribe Vitamin D3 5000 Units Daily?
Nov 23, 2011

Question...I've been looking all over trying to figure out the best way to transcribe number/number combinations with medications on a list of meds where using parentheses doesn't seem to be right.  For example: Vitamin D3 5000 units daily, vitamin B12 500 mg daily, etc.  Is there a way to transcribe this where it doesn't look so number-heavy and the dosage is clearly separate from the vitamin? TIA! ...

Pt With Germ Cell Tumor. LDH Is 738 "microns Per Liter".
May 27, 2011

She does stumble on "microns"  Med student.  Could this be right?  ...

Your Call May Be Routed To An International Support Representative
Nov 08, 2012

That's the message you get when you call into 1-800-DICTATE now.  Oh joy.  So a very simple support call that used to take 2 minutes, now takes 20 because mohammed doesn't understand half of what I say, and vice versa.  He also doesn't know basic DQS terms that someone who is SUPPOSED to be helping us with DQS issues should know. And don't bother requesting to be transferred to the US support team.  They refuse (probably because there is no US support te ...

How Would We Get Started With The Service Employees International Union
Jan 21, 2013

x ...

How To Type "per Liter Square"
Jan 15, 2010

1000 mg per liter square ...

Labs....something
Nov 03, 2009

The doctor says: "Labs from the skilled nosary posability." I was thinking "skilled nursing facility" but there are too many syllables. Could anything else go in there to make it sound complete? Thanks! ...

Labs New To Me
Jun 06, 2010

Her laboratory studies show a sedimentation rate of 25, C-reactive protein of 2.9, and a positive s/l ANA  with a speckled pattern and a s/l tyler of 1 to 40. TIA   This is new to me, so I am very unsure. tia. ...

V-labs?
Jan 08, 2013

At the end of an EMG report, doc says something that sounds like "The V labs appear to be fairly normal."  Any clue what this might be? Thanks.   ...

With Regards To Labs On A Pt. With AIDS
Oct 14, 2009

LABORATORY DATA:  From August 2009 - HIV copies less than 48.  _______ (s/l the word "law") copies less than 1.68.    Any help appreciated. :) ...

How To Type UIU - In Labs
Nov 14, 2009

IU is on our dangerous abreviations list - Internation Units - wondering how to type uIU   thanks! ...

Regarding Labs - S/l NSDs - Thanks
Jan 26, 2010

same note with the Epstein-Barr virus the bllank sound slike - If "NSDs" do not elucidate We have elected to go ahead and repeat some blood work today, including another CBC, inflammatory markers, and serologies for EBV and CMV.  If _____ do not elucidate a cause, as long as his CBC and chemistries are normal, I think that viral etiology still is the likely explanation and would recommend ongoing observation at this point. ...

Help With Labs/ESL Dictator
Mar 01, 2010

This is what it sounds like. "His WBC 11.48, and his 12.4 and 37.0 PT/PTT were normal." It seems like "PT/PTT were normal." Should be a sentence on its own, but then I'm not sure what the 12.4 and 37.0 lab values would be for. Grr... Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

In Labs Section
Oct 07, 2010

Right after total bilirubin doc says what s/l t-time or t-timer 1446.   Thanks! ...

Labs? Edc Or Adc Or Idices..
Nov 12, 2011

doctor reads off investigations as: Glucose is 5.7.Sodium 132.Potassium 4.2.Urea 11.Creatinine 111. then says: ( ad .... pause .. s/l  ..  EDices are normal baseline ) anyone familiar with labs?   tia!!!! =)   ...