A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why are they job posting stating up to 12 cpl - IntegraMT

Posted: Apr 18, 2015

I just saw a job ad for Nuance stating "You can earn up to .12788 cents per line."   Really?!  Not on the Bayscribe/Integra platforms!!!!   They knocked us down to .105 as the MOST we can make.  Is this part of their making it fair across the platforms BS?  I'm pissed.  When they switch us to a Nuance platform, will our pay go up to that?!  Grr

Why Is This Surprising? - They lie about everything.

[ In Reply To ..]
After you work with them for a little while, you will discover that the company has no inhibitions about misleading, twisting facts, and playing games with your mind. Your own experience is all you need to know this.

Pissed too - xo

[ In Reply To ..]
That .105 is TYPING over 300 lph (average for both of my accounts is in low 140s) and with everything else perfect. They can advertise "you can earn up to .12788 cpl" all they want, but it is misleading as the reality will be very different. Just like the reality for Bayscribe/Integra/Futurenet folks earning .105 is POSSIBLE, it is not at all likely given the ridiculous and nearly impossible criteria that must be achieved. They are WELL AWARE of what the average lph are for all platforms and they intentionally set the bar higher than that so they don't have to pay us more than 7/8 cpl yet still tout how much potential we have to make more money. They have absolutely NO integrity and I truly despise them.

That is easy to answer it is because--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It will attract people, go-getters who will think hey, someone else may not make it to that, but *I* am different. Even those who have posted that they are doing better under the new pay plan, no one has said they are getting the 12/line.

Of course, this tactic is not limited to N. DH works for the government and they have "pay bands". So when a job is posted, it shows the pay band. The problem is, no one makes more than 50% of the pay band, and to even get 50% is pretty darn unusual but everyone gets attracted by the salary range. It really just wastes the time of those coming in for interviews and those doing the interviews when they state what the real pay range is.

I've hit 12 a couple times - And been at 7 a couple

[ In Reply To ..]
I made 12.3 this past week. Can't get over 12 this week since don't have 100% but should be 11.7 or 11.8. Once in awhile we get lucky. Probably 7 next week.

woohoo - lucky 7

[ In Reply To ..]
I mean really. It is truly gambling. Every time I am up (I have only been to 11 cpl myself) the next week down again to 8 (hate leaving blanks, never more than 10%). All on the whim of some idiotic QA person.

Sorry, QA people, I know it's not your fault, but you have been owned by Nuance as their enforcers and really them telling you how great you are and how much you know and paying you per hour (badly) should NOT make up for the fact you are forced do their dirty work and screw us MTs over.

It is so transparent now that the only reason for FIESA is to cut our pay. The cpl every week is totally arbitrary, and I imagine they have charts about who is up and who is down. Why do I think this? WITHOUT FAIL when I get a good paycheck and get 10-11 cpl, INVARIABLY the next week I am hit with multiple bogus "errors" and my pay goes down again, where they want it.

I can only think they are trying to get us to believe it is a true system, but any idiot can see what they're doing.

What about paying someone who has been with Nuance for years a bit more and making it harder to knock them down if they make an error because you get the benefit of the doubt and you deserve to get paid more than a newbie? Now THAT would be a plan.

I don't believe you, Nuance. I bank on 8 cpl and if I get more I realize that's just you trying to suck me in. I'm not buying it.

I dare any QA/QC to tell us the real truth about what incentives they offer to "get" us and how they reward little teeny nitpicking errors when you get them off the higher paid MTs. If nothing's in it for you, why take good MTs down with bogus "errors"?

pay grid - xo

[ In Reply To ..]
It's awesome you at least have the potential to earn that much and I'm sincerely happy for you that you made that. That's a lot of hoop jumping, so it's truly impressive. Before this pay cut, I hit 11+ cpl several times and I loved it! It felt amazing to accomplish that and to feel as though I was paid closer to what I know we are all worth.

With the most recent pay cuts for Bayscribe/Futurenet, the absolute HIGHEST amount on the pay grid is 10.5 cpl. We have to TYPE 900 lph to receive that pay. In order to get 10 cpl, we have to TYPE 300 or more lph, 8 cpl is 150 lph; 8.5 cpl is 175 lph. Anything under 150 lph is 7 cpl. On the 2 accounts I am on, the average lph for the teams is in the low 140s. On my accounts, 12 cpl isn't even an option. Yet the higher ups insist this isn't a pay cut because there is potential to "move up the grid". I made 0.1160 the week before the pay grid changes (cuts), but this isn't a pay cut?! The high end cap is now 10.5. HOW IS THAT NOT A PAY CUT?

.12/line - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you do hit .12/line...look out. Fiesa will get you either by editing a very small number of jobs (2 in 1 week) if they find an error early on, and if not then "Fiesaing" many lines (as much as 10%) until error is found to bring QA score down for the week. True story...has happened to me. Have documentation to prove it. Not to mention the $70-$80/month stolen from my paycheck for lines I have typed because of the platform I'm assigned to work on. Have never experienced any of this in my 24 years as an MT, especially as a so-called "employee" who not only provides internet access/ equipment/work space...for free. Truly amazing company.

It would be funny to reply to that ad, and say: - seemsg

[ In Reply To ..]
"I currently work at Nuance, but I would like to apply for the position you're advertising because it pays better."

;D

Now you know why MANY former MTs make a point to come to this - board and tell the truth, repeatedly...

[ In Reply To ..]
...some folks like to insist that folks need to give it a try and make their own decisions about Nuance. Others wonder, "Why allow anyone else to get sucked into their toxic vortex?" Every human walking the earth deserves fair warning.

What I'm trying to say is - IntegraMT

[ In Reply To ..]
They cut all of us on Bayscribe/Futurenet/Integra from the better paying scale where we could get up to 12 cpl (like what is advertised on the job board) down to 10.5 being the MOST we can EVER make (300+ lph), straight typing. Their reason was that they were getting us even across the board with the other platforms. Okay. I get that. Then I see a job posting saying you can make up to 12 cpl, so is there another pay grid out there in Nuance land? If so, then those of us on the above platforms are being cheated, right? They took us off that pay grid to make it fair. That would suggest that ALL platforms are making 7 to 10.5 cpl, yet they advertise up to 12? If there is a platform at Nuance that can potentially make 12 cpl, yet they cut us down to 10.5 cpl to be "fair" then I am quitting. So, is there the "potential" meaning are their other MTs at Nuance with a pay grid where it can go up to 12 cpl? I'd like to know.

Yes, there must be 2 pay grids, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
because the paygrid I work from does go from 7cpl to 12.??? cpl. I am not on Bayscribe, though.

I can't believe this. I'm so angry. - IntegraMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Screw them! The Bayscribe/Futurenet/Integra teams were taken off that pay grid because we were too productive, stepped up to the plate when they didn't expect and put on this "new" one & told that this new one was the one all platforms were on, that they had to do this to make it fair. Really? I'm livid.

My theory - xo

[ In Reply To ..]
Based on what others are saying, there certainly appears to be more than 1 pay grid. What I see when I am looking at the grid where we sign off on time cards shows the absolute top of the grid as being 10.5 but that is for 900 TYPED LINES (not a typo, it really does say NINE HUNDRED) and 300+ will get you 10 cpl. Anything under 150 lph is 7 cpl.

Here's what I'm thinking, and I can only speak regarding Bayscribe as that is the platform I use. There are relatively few straight typing Bayscribe accounts any more. Most of us have secondary accounts and occasionally tertiary accounts, but rarely run out of work between primary and secondary accounts. That means we are very familiar with our accounts, the dictators and the accounts specs, so we have built up speed and accuracy and our expanders due to familiarity. Nuance platform folks seem to have upwards of 3 accounts, I've heard as many as 5 or 6. Obviously, one cannot become as familiar with that many accounts as they can with 1 or 2, so the speed and amount sent to QA are different than it would be for those having only 1 or 2 accounts.

This new pay grid is essentially punishment. They realized that, because we are so familiar with our accounts, we were able to really step up with the productivity and quality, with little ever sent to QA, and many of us earned a lot more with the new pay grid. So they took it away all in the name of "leveling the field". We now make far LESS than we did before the first pay grid was even implemented.

That's just my theory. I've asked the higher ups and I get no straight answer, which is par for the course. They lie, manipulate, twist things, and cheerlead. Straight answers are not possible with this company. Their answers are always carefully crafted spin.

I'm mad as all get out about out, enough to finally be waving the white flag. I wish I could quit on the spot, but that isn't possible. However, I have just returned to school and my exit strategy is actively in place. That brings a surprising bit of peace even though I have an enormous amount of contempt from this company and feel as though they are stealing from me with every single report I type.

contempt - xo

[ In Reply To ..]
I have an enormous amount of contempt FOR this company, not from this company. Lol...although, that is probably true as well!

What I'm trying to say is - damaw

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, there is EditScript. I work on EditScript. The most you can make is 12 cpl. I have never made that, but I have gotten as high as 11.50. It just depends on your post audit scores. The least we can make is 8 and there is a lower, I think it is 7. But that is so much better than 4 and 8 that we were getting before. So I just don't understand why everyone is so upset. If you check your FIESA (which so many of you refuse to) you will know your post audit scores and work on improving them.

Upset - xo

[ In Reply To ..]
With 100% PERFECT scores, and trying to find a way to type faster than I have in my 22 years' experience, the most I can possibly make is 8.5 cpl, but the reality is more like 8 cpl AT THE MOST. TYPING 300 lph is NOT possible on my particular accounts and Nuance knows this, which is why they set that bar where there did. There is NO OPTION to make 12 cpl on my accounts. THAT is why I'm upset. I'm upset because once again our PAY HAS BEEN CUT. How do you not understand that a pay cut is upsetting? Post audit scores are an entirely different matter. Our pay is cut even if with perfect scores and all other hoops jumped through.

It's not better than the 4 and 8 - Dd

[ In Reply To ..]
When you consider they cut your edited lines in half. We're also penalized for pending reports to QC, more than 10% and you're down to .07 a line (really, .035). I made much more under the old plan.

Similar Messages:

Mitchem Consulting Posting An Ad Stating That It Is
Feb 06, 2012

an IC position for a whole whopping 6 cpl.  Oh gonna grab that one...NOT! ...

Doctor Is Stating
May 23, 2011

"dermaclens" or "dermaclenz" ????  I can find a Derma-Clens when I google but it is used by vets.  Any suggestions?  TIA.  ...

Got An E-mail Stating I Could Test Up To MME
Mar 21, 2013

I believe it is just another way to cut my pay further. ...

Oh Goodie, I Got An Email Stating I Have A Mentor For ASR.
Apr 11, 2012

ie, the shadow mentoring. They say their methods have been effective in increasing ASR production. We will see... The one good thing is they will get to see exactly how much I have to correct their ASR! It might be more educational for them than me. :) I use all the short cuts provided, but I do listen to every single word. ...

Article Stating To Keep Medical Transcription In
Dec 29, 2012

http://www.ahdpg.com/blog/a-call-out-to-u-s-hospitals-to-help-put-americans-back-to-work/ ...

Stating Solid Shifts For IC Boldly In The Ad. Seriously?
May 25, 2013

Saw 2 ads posted here alone this week, perhaps there were more. Is it me or is this blantant disregard for IRS rules for IC. These ads state specific shifts and state for IC. Aren't these chancy moves on the part of the MTSO to actually put it in print publicly? Can't they get in trouble just for that? I am wondering if things have changed in rules for IC by the IRS or if I am losing my mind. Just touching base here for a reality check.  PS: I am not saying it isn't a 24/7 b ...

To QA: I Got A Comment Back Stating To Place The QA Marker
Jan 04, 2010

I always thought I had been doing that, but I got this message more than once, so I'd like to see if any QA here can clarify this.  CCM has no idea what she means ????  I always understood to place the QA marker right where I hear the blank and that is what I thought I was doing.  Any suggestions or comments as to what could be happening?  I don't want to make the QA's job any more difficult than it already is.....  TIA..... ...

Mumbling ER Doctor. Stating Allergy To S/L Sarandian. Sm
Apr 09, 2010

I'm not finding anything resembling this, even after listening multiple times, slowing down, speeding up. Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

New E-mail Today From Payroll Stating New PTO Rate
Jul 23, 2010

Did anybody get an e-mail like this today?  Just about 4 PM when I was starting my shift, I got a letter from payroll saying I would now be getting $7.50 an hour when I take PTO, when before I was told by payroll, it would be $9.50 an hour. This is the rate you have when you take a module or are in an MT conference. Anyways, ever since I started with Spheris, I got $9.50 an hour and have continued at this pay even after Medquist took over.  They said it is based on production since De ...

Got E Mail From My CCM Stating That Someone Called Trying To Get Access To MT's Computer
Jan 25, 2013

Very strange. Why would anyone want access to our work computer and how would they get our phone number and know we work for Mmodal.  Every day it gets stranger and stranger ...

Is It Legal To Ask A Person To Sign An Agreement Stating They Sm
Apr 04, 2013

will not comment about a company, including their payroll practices, here or on any social media? I know why the stipulation is there, since the company has not paid on time EVER and they were trashed here because of it, but if someone comes on the board and asks about the company, I would feel it within my rights to warn that person that if you need a reliable pay day, this is not the place. I have until Saturday to decide if I sign this document. I'm thinking about walking away anyway. ...

In The Mail Today I Got A Letter Stating I Was Eligible For A Pell Grant.
Apr 21, 2010

I had to look up what it was because I had never heard of it.  Turns out they are given to poor folks.   I don't know what made them send it to me but it does have my name on it so I know it is for me.   They must know I work at Transcend.  It is only good for vocational training, cannot be for more than one year and must focus on skills necessary for securing entry level employment.  I don't know what direction to go in from here.  I ...

I Woke Up This Morning To An Email Stating I Lost My Job Due To Lack Of Work
Jan 24, 2012

Don't know what to think, she said due to the mandatory EMR they have lost many of their accounts with no notice so they have to go to a skeleton crew and I'm out.  Don't even know if I will get the last three paychecks she owes me either.  Does anybody know of any companies that are hiring? ...

Prn Hem/onc Job Posting
May 08, 2010

Did anyone apply and then hear about the prn job with Audrey's Transcription Service?  Thanks.  ...

Job Posting
May 25, 2010

How can they ask you to work stated hours if you are an IC?  I see this all the time.  They want an employee, full time, but an IC.  Don't understand all that. ...

Just Saw A Posting For GT For $70 An A/h - Now That
Jul 10, 2012

these jobs are out there and this is along the norm.  Don't - DO NOT - buy into the $30 or $45 an a/h baloney.  They are ripping you off.  Yes, I'm back on my soap box LOL. ...

Why Is TT Out Of H. Always Posting Sm
Dec 21, 2013

the same job ad(s) OVER and OVER again? ...

REV.COM Job Posting....
Mar 19, 2014

According to the job posting this company is based in San Francisco.  The stated pay rate averages $241.00 per month.  If I were this company, I would embarrassed to advertise the pathetic pay they give their MTs in one of the most expensive cities in the country.  If it weren't so tragic that there are desperate people out there looking for a job, it would be laughable.  ...

Funny Job Posting...
Feb 19, 2010

This on the job board today: "XXXX is looking for an experienced QA person to start immmediatly. We are also looking for MT's that have expereince in cardiology (esl), er and discharge summary experience." Yes, I think that QA person does need to start "immediatly". ...

Test Posting
Apr 05, 2010

I wrote a long post and it would not go through, despite the fact that I posted one earlier today.  This is just a test. ...

Job Board Posting . . .
May 16, 2010

On-call radiology work for weekends only . . . at 6 cpl!!!!!  Wow.  I hope no one is willing to take something like this. ...

Radiology IC Job Posting
Oct 27, 2010

I noticed that posting and sent an email.  Pretty sure they posted something similar before because my email had saved their address in it.  Never heard back though.  Does anyone remember this besides me?  Did anyone get hired?  Or a call?  Or an interview?  $2.50 a report, for anyone who has never been paid per report, is excellent!  ...

Posting Pet Peeve
Nov 05, 2010

I have a POSTER pet peeve.  When a comment or question is posted about a specific company, why is the original poster likely to never elaborate?  Why are they wasting everyone’s time? What is up with these hit-and-run posts?   Someone makes an outrageous comment or asks a question implying something negative.  Then when you answer and either ask for more information or ask the original poster a question, the original poster is long gone – never to be heard ...

Re Psychiatric MT Job Posting
Feb 23, 2011

Can somebody explain to me how to access this site to take their test?Ftps://ftp.psychtrans.net. ...

TT And The Posting Of An IC Getting Work From TT.
Jun 06, 2011

Concerned about the posting from the Midwestern MT who said she had work to be done from TransTech and here we all are sitting and checking and no work.  Wondering now about this new SWAT team thing.  From what I was told that the 'beast of the business' is they worry about TAT because they have to take a cut in their portion of the line count wages, so they'd rather meet the TAT?  And yes, we are all cross trained pretty much anyway, but they want lightening speed. ...

TT Posting For Radiology
Sep 08, 2011

What is up with this?  They have plenty of inside people to ASK if they want this work?? I don't get it.  How about the old saying from companies that they "hire within first" because they treat the employees with respect since they have been there and are 'loyal.'  So, many scraping for work and being exhausted by the demands of having to produce for pennies.  Where is this job going?  Where is the labor board?  We only have this board.  ...

Posting Resumes
Nov 11, 2011

Has anyone ever received any response to your resume posted online.  Not sure if I should do this or no so just wondering.  Thanks ...

Wow, Became Really Excited With The Posting Of A New Job (sm)
Dec 17, 2011

Became even more excited when I read that it was owned by a former transcriptionist and then it hit, pay will start at 7-8 CPL, depending upon experience and oh, hey, all of our transcriptionists are ICs.  What the heck????  Oh well, hopefully one of the 50 companies that I have applied with this week will contact me.  Still beating that worn out path .... Good luck to anyone else that is looking! ...

Posting Swapboard
Apr 27, 2012

I am new to MModal. I need to post 5 hours on one of my Sundays to work to see if anyone will cover those. My CCM said I needed to post on swapboard. I can get to swapboard but I don't see anything on there to click for posting. I have went through my paperwork and can't find anything other than what swapboard is for, not posting on it. Thanks in advance for your help! ...

A Job Posting By Nuance
Aug 19, 2012

A BETTER CAREER IS WAITING FOR YOU! Nuance is seeking quality-minded Medical Transcriptionists and Quality Editors with a passion for excellence who seek to join a winning team.  Nuance Transcription Services, the fastest-growing provider of services to Health Information Management organizations, strives to be the best employer in the industry by offering highly competitive pay and benefits.  Our rapid expansion offers unique and unrivalled career growth opportunities to our team memb ...