A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

posting resumes - ncmt

Posted: Nov 11, 2011

Has anyone ever received any response to your resume posted online.  Not sure if I should do this or no so just wondering.  Thanks

Very few, and ... - AncientMT

[ In Reply To ..]
... the ones that did were "iffy" at best, nothing I felt comfortable to pursue.

Having said that, if you're actively looking, it makes sense to use every available tool. Costs you nothing to post your resume here, and you can certainly be selective about which responses (if you get them) you follow up. I wouldn't rely on it as the only means to find a new position, of course.

Similar Messages:

Experiences Posting Resumes Here?
Feb 04, 2013

I'm job hunting.  I have 13 years of experience with acute care.  Has anyone had good results posting their resume here?  I don't really want to waste my time with companies that pay .05 cpl and hire anybody with fingers. ...

IC And Resumes
May 05, 2012

I am sure this has been brought up before but I found nothing recently in archives. If you are considered an IC (a true IC) and you are asked to submit a resume when trying to get a position - do you list the companies you transcribed for on your resume or do you set it up as if you were self employed? I guess what I am asking is since being an IC means you technically did not work for that company (you worked for yourself) do you still list the companies you were transcribing for? ...

Resumes
Oct 08, 2014

Just curious.  With over 9000 resumes posted, has anyone gotten a response because their resume is in the bank?  It seems unlikely that once you're name is off the main page, someone looking to fill a position will not look much further than that.    ...

To Those Who Have Sent Out Resumes
Dec 13, 2014

Looking for a consensus of opinion here... When sending off your resume, do you include your home address, or will just your name, phone number and email suffice? I have the same question regarding the cover letter. Do you include your home address, or will just your name, phone number and email suffice? I feel kind of nervous about sending ALL that information, but I really don't know the standard anymore. It's been a looooong time since I've had a resume. TYIA. ...

Jobs/resumes
Sep 16, 2010

Just wondering how many MTs have posted on the job seeker's board and heard back from any of the companies you have applied for?  I have 25+ years experience so I'm hoping that is not the problem.  I have sent numerous resumes, but have yet to hear back from any of them.  ...

I Have Sent Out About 5 Resumes In The Last 2 Weeks - Sm
Oct 10, 2010

I have heard not one word.  No calls, no e-mails, nothing.  I am a CMT with over 25 years of experience, experience in every specialty, huge hospitals, etc.  Am I too experienced and do they think I would want too much money?  Why wouldn't they at least ask?  I used to get a phone call immediately upon sending a resume.  Nowadays, nothing.  I'm amazed that these companies are not looking for good help.  ...

To BusyMT Below - Re Resumes - Sm
Feb 01, 2011

I heartily disagree with what you wrote.  I used to receive responses to my resume immediately if not sooner upon applying.  No more.  I often applied, like you, just to see what responses I'd get.  Never, before or now, would anyone negotiate.  It was what it was and if you dared to ask if they had a higher rate, they acted offended.  My resume is impeccable, straightforward, easy to read, 1 page, pertinent information right there for all to see.  I have ...

Response To Resumes
Feb 04, 2011

Yeah for sure.  what goes does it do to send resumes to these jobs posted here, when you get NO response...  I realize they have more resumes than they can probably go through, but when they look at the top of your resume (where it should be) and see you have had over 25 years experience - you think they'd contact you first, yeah whatever.  Not sure, but know MT jobs are scarce!! ...

How Many Resumes Have You Sent This Week?
May 19, 2011

I have sent out 9 resumes this week and have not heard back from one of them yet.  I sent 5 last week and have not heard from them either.  I need to be working.  I cannot sit in front of my email waiting day in and day out for someone to send me a test, tell me they filled the position, or that they want to hire me.  Why can't the MT companies just send us an email telling us one way or the other that they want us or don't want us.  Its really frustrating.&nbs ...

Resumes - Experience
Feb 11, 2012

Just wondering if anyone exaggerates their experience on their resume or put specialties that maybe you don't know as well as you say you do. It's a cut-throat market out there and with the difficulty getting a job, just curious if you are tempted to fudge the truth on resumes? ...

Resumes, Job Requirements, Etc
Feb 21, 2012

From a Forbes magazine article:   The only three true job interview questions are: 1.  Can you do the job? 2.  Will you love the job? 3.  Can we tolerate working with you? That’s it.  Those three.  Think back, every question you’ve ever posed to others or had asked of you in a job interview is a subset of a deeper in-depth follow-up to one of these 3 key questions.  Each question potentially may be asked using different words, but every ...

Submitting Resumes
Jun 17, 2015

Is there more to finding a job these days than just submitting a resume amongst hundreds and HOPING for a reply?  I feel like it is getting harder and harder to get a job.  Getting discouraged!  Anyone else feel the same?  Ideas?   ...

Re: No Response To Job Applications, Resumes Sent:
Feb 24, 2010

I've sent out a few resumes over the past year in hopes of landing a different MT job than the one I have now.  Only ONE place (a hospital I would dearly love to work for!) even acknowledged my application.  The others?  NOTHING.  Even though they continued to run ads for the same job I had applied for.  I never even got to test for any of them. So.... fast forward a few months (or years).  Suppose one of these no-response companies kept my resume and out ...

Resumes From An MTSO Perspective?
Sep 02, 2011

I know MTSOs are inundated with resumes, so what catches your eye and what turns you off?  Do you really want to know all the places I have worked?  Or would you rather have a brief resume stating only my years of experience, field of experience, etc.?  What I am best at, etc.  Would appreciate a recruiter's input.  ...

Two Questions Re Precyse And Resumes / Sm
Jun 04, 2012

Any current info or opinions about Precyse from anyone who works for them now or has recently - how is pay,QA, platform, flexibility, work available, etc?  I've read the archives but looking for recent info.  What attracted me to them is that they provide equipment which would be a plus for me, but are there negatives that would outweigh this? Also, has anyone ever had any luck sending out resumes cold - not in response to job posting, just sending to a company?  There ...

Are 2 Page Resumes Acceptable?
Dec 16, 2014

x ...

I Have Sent My Resumes To 10 Different Companies And Hear Back Nothing, Nada . . . . .
Apr 13, 2010

I have been doing MT for almost 15 years, and the one company I have been with for the past 9 years is suddenly getting less and less work.  I have been sending out resumes, taking the tests, etc., and I don't hear ONE THING BACK from any of them  . . . . so frustrating.  We are in the process of buying a new house and then this happens - I may have to take a job outside of home, but I wan't to be here for my kids:( ...

2 More Ads At Other Job Site With Resumes Going To Yahoo Email Addys.
May 24, 2014

ridiculous pay rate of $1.30 per line. Just beware that is you respond to these ads, there is a good chance they are a scam. Check MTStars archives for postings on these scam ads. ...

Prn Hem/onc Job Posting
May 08, 2010

Did anyone apply and then hear about the prn job with Audrey's Transcription Service?  Thanks.  ...

Job Posting
May 25, 2010

How can they ask you to work stated hours if you are an IC?  I see this all the time.  They want an employee, full time, but an IC.  Don't understand all that. ...

Just Saw A Posting For GT For $70 An A/h - Now That
Jul 10, 2012

these jobs are out there and this is along the norm.  Don't - DO NOT - buy into the $30 or $45 an a/h baloney.  They are ripping you off.  Yes, I'm back on my soap box LOL. ...

Why Is TT Out Of H. Always Posting Sm
Dec 21, 2013

the same job ad(s) OVER and OVER again? ...

REV.COM Job Posting....
Mar 19, 2014

According to the job posting this company is based in San Francisco.  The stated pay rate averages $241.00 per month.  If I were this company, I would embarrassed to advertise the pathetic pay they give their MTs in one of the most expensive cities in the country.  If it weren't so tragic that there are desperate people out there looking for a job, it would be laughable.  ...

Funny Job Posting...
Feb 19, 2010

This on the job board today: "XXXX is looking for an experienced QA person to start immmediatly. We are also looking for MT's that have expereince in cardiology (esl), er and discharge summary experience." Yes, I think that QA person does need to start "immediatly". ...

Test Posting
Apr 05, 2010

I wrote a long post and it would not go through, despite the fact that I posted one earlier today.  This is just a test. ...

Job Board Posting . . .
May 16, 2010

On-call radiology work for weekends only . . . at 6 cpl!!!!!  Wow.  I hope no one is willing to take something like this. ...

Radiology IC Job Posting
Oct 27, 2010

I noticed that posting and sent an email.  Pretty sure they posted something similar before because my email had saved their address in it.  Never heard back though.  Does anyone remember this besides me?  Did anyone get hired?  Or a call?  Or an interview?  $2.50 a report, for anyone who has never been paid per report, is excellent!  ...

Posting Pet Peeve
Nov 05, 2010

I have a POSTER pet peeve.  When a comment or question is posted about a specific company, why is the original poster likely to never elaborate?  Why are they wasting everyone’s time? What is up with these hit-and-run posts?   Someone makes an outrageous comment or asks a question implying something negative.  Then when you answer and either ask for more information or ask the original poster a question, the original poster is long gone – never to be heard ...

Re Psychiatric MT Job Posting
Feb 23, 2011

Can somebody explain to me how to access this site to take their test?Ftps://ftp.psychtrans.net. ...

TT And The Posting Of An IC Getting Work From TT.
Jun 06, 2011

Concerned about the posting from the Midwestern MT who said she had work to be done from TransTech and here we all are sitting and checking and no work.  Wondering now about this new SWAT team thing.  From what I was told that the 'beast of the business' is they worry about TAT because they have to take a cut in their portion of the line count wages, so they'd rather meet the TAT?  And yes, we are all cross trained pretty much anyway, but they want lightening speed. ...