A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Oh goodie, I got an email stating I have a mentor for ASR. - dnr

Posted: Apr 11, 2012

ie, the shadow mentoring. They say their methods have been effective in increasing ASR production. We will see... The one good thing is they will get to see exactly how much I have to correct their ASR! It might be more educational for them than me. :) I use all the short cuts provided, but I do listen to every single word.

I am so curious... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I want to know how much experience these mentors have with ASR. I have done it since the beginning, and although I feel I am pretty fast, I have to listen to every word and edit about 4 times per line, so how could they do that any faster?

How long have they worked for the company, how much are they getting paid to tell us what to do, how many reports do they spy on you for...

Please, tell us everything you find out.

Love you guys - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Just so happy to see TWO posts from MTs who actually listen to every word and have to make 4 changes per line instead of just "skim" the report and ship it on. I thought I was the only one. Let us know what happens. Isn't it just for an hour?

Time for shadowing - AnonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
Well I've been shadowed 2x so far, I asked each time (I was never ASKED to shadow, just told it was available). It was for about 30 minutes each time, 3 weeks apart. I did actually *study* all my shortcuts though, I mean like cramming for a test, on my off time because I wanted to get the most out of my time. Ironically I had 2 of the worst dictators during that.

I listen to everything and then re read it - just in case

[ In Reply To ..]
my line counts stink, but im more concerned about the finished product..

I've been shadowed - AnonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
It did help me. The woman was aware of all the corrections and she knows which doctors suck and which ones don't. I didn't talk my pay with her, but in *my* experience *my* CCM and quality coach (the one that shadowed) ARE aware that you are doing more generally for less pay. Unfortunately, they can't change it either.

What advice did you get that helped? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Lots, but let me see if I can remember - AnonToo
[ In Reply To ..]
First I'm on Cornerstone Clarity.

She taught me some Shorthand things for adding "erative" after postop or preop (but I have not mastered that). Shorthand to open up things on the desktop I like to open regularly. Shift + F10 opens Shorthand and how to do some other stuff with that.

As far as other things, moving in the document with the Ctrl, Alt and arrow keys as I kept screwing that up. The use of the keyboard to get you to different panes, i.e., Ctrl + 1 patient pane, Ctrl + 2 author pane, etc. The Ctrl + Shift + K to get the quick pull up provider list. Some shorthand thing I cannot remember (I will check later if someone wants to know) to make headings and subheadings.

I really memorized a lot of this stuff because I studied a lot before my shifts as I don't like to be nonproductive. If I remember more I'll post as this was awhile back and I'm using this stuff regularly now it's hard to remember what was learned from training, from myself studying, and from shadowing.
I'm on DQS and already use all the short cuts. - Thanks for your suggestions. nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

I Woke Up This Morning To An Email Stating I Lost My Job Due To Lack Of Work
Jan 24, 2012

Don't know what to think, she said due to the mandatory EMR they have lost many of their accounts with no notice so they have to go to a skeleton crew and I'm out.  Don't even know if I will get the last three paychecks she owes me either.  Does anybody know of any companies that are hiring? ...

Oh Goodie! Incentive! No Thanks!
Mar 16, 2012

Do you seriously think I'm going to get sucked into that? Hah! I think NOT! ...

Another AHDI Goodie...
Dec 04, 2013

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-lowery/7-ways-outsourcing-can-he_b_4350244.html I especially like reason #2. Pardon me while I don't agree with this garbage. ...

Oh Goodie! I Just Got An E-mail Telling Me
Jan 19, 2011

how many times I clicked the mouse while doing ASR last week and how many minutes I was idle in a document.  Gee, could it be that I was looking up a word or checking on a previously dictated document in order to complete the document I was working on in order to produce a good report with no holes? If I want to click my mouse I'll click my mouse! Oh yes, the good news is the e-mail said that I could attend an online class so I can learn how to be more productive and use the "hot ...

Looking For A Mentor...
Oct 23, 2009

anyone interested??? ...

Mentor
Jun 08, 2011

Hi, I am a recent MT grad. Wanted to know if anyone has heard of the aim mentoring program. If it is worth the time and money to obtain experience to help with obtaining employment. Thanks   ...

Needing A Mentor.
Oct 25, 2009

I need a mentor please. I am wanting to become a medical transcriptionist. I would like to pass the RMT exam after school, and the CMT after a few years of experience. ...

Mentor Needed
Feb 23, 2011

I am an MT student of At-Home Professions with a course completion of 76%, and have landed a temporary job with my primary care physician. The job entails transcribing 2,000 patient files for her clients as she closes her practice. I have been told the files will be relatively simple. However, being less than a Newbie I feel I need support and have been told mentoring is a standard practice in the medical transcription profession. Are there any old timers out there who might give ...

Mentor Question
Apr 25, 2012

Will we be mentored in our regular accounts or unfamiliar accounts? ...

Anyone Else Receive A Performance Mentor??
Apr 12, 2012

:) ...

Hey Shaw, Guess What My Mentor Said After Shadowing Me?
Sep 17, 2013

She said, "retype more". She had nothing else to say after watching me work. I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts, but I can still mouse faster. The secret to being fast on the mouse is learning to use it on the left side of the keyboard so you don't have to reach back and forth past the number pad. It's only mere inches when it is on the left side. I have never found a way to Ctl Alt I with all my fingers on the keys. Again Shaw, spend a day (or better yet, a week) in our sho ...

Doctor Is Stating
May 23, 2011

"dermaclens" or "dermaclenz" ????  I can find a Derma-Clens when I google but it is used by vets.  Any suggestions?  TIA.  ...

Why Are They Job Posting Stating Up To 12 Cpl
Apr 18, 2015

I just saw a job ad for Nuance stating "You can earn up to .12788 cents per line."   Really?!  Not on the Bayscribe/Integra platforms!!!!   They knocked us down to .105 as the MOST we can make.  Is this part of their making it fair across the platforms BS?  I'm pissed.  When they switch us to a Nuance platform, will our pay go up to that?!  Grr ...

Got An E-mail Stating I Could Test Up To MME
Mar 21, 2013

I believe it is just another way to cut my pay further. ...

Mitchem Consulting Posting An Ad Stating That It Is
Feb 06, 2012

an IC position for a whole whopping 6 cpl.  Oh gonna grab that one...NOT! ...

Article Stating To Keep Medical Transcription In
Dec 29, 2012

http://www.ahdpg.com/blog/a-call-out-to-u-s-hospitals-to-help-put-americans-back-to-work/ ...

Stating Solid Shifts For IC Boldly In The Ad. Seriously?
May 25, 2013

Saw 2 ads posted here alone this week, perhaps there were more. Is it me or is this blantant disregard for IRS rules for IC. These ads state specific shifts and state for IC. Aren't these chancy moves on the part of the MTSO to actually put it in print publicly? Can't they get in trouble just for that? I am wondering if things have changed in rules for IC by the IRS or if I am losing my mind. Just touching base here for a reality check.  PS: I am not saying it isn't a 24/7 b ...

To QA: I Got A Comment Back Stating To Place The QA Marker
Jan 04, 2010

I always thought I had been doing that, but I got this message more than once, so I'd like to see if any QA here can clarify this.  CCM has no idea what she means ????  I always understood to place the QA marker right where I hear the blank and that is what I thought I was doing.  Any suggestions or comments as to what could be happening?  I don't want to make the QA's job any more difficult than it already is.....  TIA..... ...

Mumbling ER Doctor. Stating Allergy To S/L Sarandian. Sm
Apr 09, 2010

I'm not finding anything resembling this, even after listening multiple times, slowing down, speeding up. Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

New E-mail Today From Payroll Stating New PTO Rate
Jul 23, 2010

Did anybody get an e-mail like this today?  Just about 4 PM when I was starting my shift, I got a letter from payroll saying I would now be getting $7.50 an hour when I take PTO, when before I was told by payroll, it would be $9.50 an hour. This is the rate you have when you take a module or are in an MT conference. Anyways, ever since I started with Spheris, I got $9.50 an hour and have continued at this pay even after Medquist took over.  They said it is based on production since De ...

Got E Mail From My CCM Stating That Someone Called Trying To Get Access To MT's Computer
Jan 25, 2013

Very strange. Why would anyone want access to our work computer and how would they get our phone number and know we work for Mmodal.  Every day it gets stranger and stranger ...

Is It Legal To Ask A Person To Sign An Agreement Stating They Sm
Apr 04, 2013

will not comment about a company, including their payroll practices, here or on any social media? I know why the stipulation is there, since the company has not paid on time EVER and they were trashed here because of it, but if someone comes on the board and asks about the company, I would feel it within my rights to warn that person that if you need a reliable pay day, this is not the place. I have until Saturday to decide if I sign this document. I'm thinking about walking away anyway. ...

In The Mail Today I Got A Letter Stating I Was Eligible For A Pell Grant.
Apr 21, 2010

I had to look up what it was because I had never heard of it.  Turns out they are given to poor folks.   I don't know what made them send it to me but it does have my name on it so I know it is for me.   They must know I work at Transcend.  It is only good for vocational training, cannot be for more than one year and must focus on skills necessary for securing entry level employment.  I don't know what direction to go in from here.  I ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Trying To Email 360 Transcription With Their Email
Mar 23, 2015

and it says there is no such address.  Anyone else having trouble like that? ...