A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I woke up this morning to an email stating I lost my job due to lack of work - me

Posted: Jan 24, 2012

Don't know what to think, she said due to the mandatory EMR they have lost many of their accounts with no notice so they have to go to a skeleton crew and I'm out.  Don't even know if I will get the last three paychecks she owes me either.  Does anybody know of any companies that are hiring?

what company was this? - oh dear

[ In Reply To ..]
I would file right away for unemployment and make a claim to the labor board for monies owed.

Oh, dear. So sorry for this. I hope that something comes through for you very soon. nm - JPT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

to ME - so sorry

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so sorry this happened to you. Keep your chin up. Do apply for UE as soon as possible, as there will be a 1-week waiting period in most states. Once you complete that process, start looking and testing on all sites. I wish I could provide you with a company where you would be happy, but sadly there are not many of those left, and those are not hiring that I know of, but I have not done the research that you will need to do.

Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise if you did not have much work. I hope it all works out for you and that you are better off. I do sympathize, as I have been there.

Cannot get unemployment - me

[ In Reply To ..]
It was a subcontractor position.

Not so fast... - Looking

[ In Reply To ..]
Please, at least CHECK with your state anyway. Depending upon HOW LONG it has been since you paid into the system, you MAY be eligible for benefits.

It doesn't hurt to ask; all they can do is say "No," right?!! :)

I think this IS a blessing in disguise. If you truly are not eligible for UE, my advice to you would be to try to find a PT MT position (enough to pay the bills) while you pursue something besides MT! That's what I'm trying to do.

Best of luck to you!!

Agree with not so fast. I ended up - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
qualifying. It can't hurt to try.
regarding unemployment - me
[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately I did call and check and the answer was no :(
Good for you - Looking
[ In Reply To ..]
Well at least you inquired! And at least you were able to get through.. I have been trying to call the office in my city for 2 days now, and all I get is a recording that they're "busy" and to "call back later." Grrrrhhhh!

Take care.
I am so sorry!! I am not sure where I would be now - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
had I gotten no:( Sorry for you!

So sorry to hear this!!! Same thing happened to me last May... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and I haven't been able to recover since. I found a new job the SAME day as i got my email, that promised loads of easy work. I wasn't even tested...hired on the spot. Of course, it was too good to be true. This was a new account for them with a backlog, so as soon as the new hires cleaned it up, the work dried up and it's now only a part time job. I've been through three other companies (keeping the part time job) but this always seems to happen... mass hiring to clean up a new account's backlog and then slowwwww or nothing coming off.

I know there are good companies out there... I refuse to give up hope. I'm still looking to find a decent-paying full time job so that I don't end up homeless or having to live with my son and his family. :(

Good luck to you... maybe you'll have better luck.

Okay Chicken Little and the other - BLAH BLAH BLAHers

[ In Reply To ..]
Please run your little spiel about how the sky is not falling, EMR is at your hospital and in fact you are doing more work, and give her the rosy outlook you're seeing.

I see MT IS DEAD

ouch - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
These grapes are sour!

I'm sorry she lost her job, I really am. I'm sorry for anyone who loses their jobs. I'm sorry for all the MTs losing their jobs.

I'm not sorry my hospital rocks it out with an EMR system that doesn't make our fully staffed transcription department obsolete. I'm really not.

Kudos to you, though, on making this girl's situation a vehicle for your bitter rhetoric. Shame on you.

For sm and Blah, Blah, Blah - Sad, huh?

[ In Reply To ..]
She crawls all over these boards just waiting for the opportunity to post like that. It is sad and speaks volumes about what a miserable person she must be. You know, you should be careful when you spend so much time judging and belittling others. Your closet could come open and skeletons may fall out.
well, this sm is sorry she lost her job - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck to you
Letting someone go through email - not very professional
[ In Reply To ..]
Whoever this company is they are not very professional. To let someone wake up to an email and say they are being let go is being a coward. I feel for the OP. I was let go in June but at least they called me. I was also a IC. I have not been able to find another job. I am in my late 50s and do not have or want to waste money to go back to school with knowing I still won't have job due to lack of experience. Good luck to everyone that is in this position.
I was let go this way. - Looking
[ In Reply To ..]
My tale of woe is really off the beaten path so I'll spare you those details...

Anyway, I received a one-sentence e-mail from the company president. It didn't even wish me luck or ANYTHING! (And, no, there was no "ill will" between us at all.)
Sad, huh? - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You betcha sad. I think she needs professional help.

Someone loses their job and you talk about how great yours is??? - WOW

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry for OP's loss.
No - not at all
[ In Reply To ..]
Someone loses their job and I'm sorry they did, which was my first thought and the first thing I said.

Then and only then did I chastise the rude person for using someone's loss as a springboard for their own bitterness and as a pulpit to get their digs in for a reply I made in a completely different thread.

Once again, I won't apologize for doing well.
there was nothing wrong with your post - ...
[ In Reply To ..]
I think "WOW" is probably the same chicken little poster. Sigh.

Ouch - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
You are right. SHAME on her.

wow - - GrumpsRUs

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish better for you than the empathy you are (failing to) offering to another human who is hurting.

I know of a company where several are being let go and I would never ever treat them so disrespectfully. It could be me.

THREE PAYCHECKS? - say what

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm so sorry you got this news but girlfriend THREE paychecks? This means you've been volunteering, not working.

I'd apply for UE anyway just to make your MTSO have to account for how she classified you. You can claim to have been treated like an employee.

THREE paychecks? Just can't wrap my head around why ANY MT would work under those circumstances.

Three paychecks - me

[ In Reply To ..]
They just run three weeks behind, when I first started I was worried, but I worked for them for almost 4 years and always got paid. I'm just worried now that they wont have the money to pay me the last three weeks.

Three paychecks - me - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Keep close watch on the company via any means you can. If you learn they have filed for bankruptcy, get on the list of creditors with the bankruptcy referee. You undoubtedly will not get everything you are owned, but you may get something on the dollar. Do you mind saying what company it is? In any event, I wish you all the best and will keep you in my prayers.
Um, correction - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
I mean OWED, not OWNED. Not that late on the Left Coast. Old Pro just did not get her coffee tonight.
3rd person? - ThatsBizarre
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you always go around referring to yourself in the third person? That's weird!

For the OP: Try Webmedx (now part of Nuance) - anon4me

[ In Reply To ..]
I see they have an add up. Full and part-time. Not sure if we still have ICs or not. Been with the W 10 years now. Pay always on time at least.

not sure if i would like their schedule - me

[ In Reply To ..]
i'm so used to flexible hours, might not have a choice anymore though i guess. Thanks for the support!

I know a really really good company - but not how to get it to you

[ In Reply To ..]
Sort of a make up for taking over your thread with what wasn't gloating!

They don't advertise here or that "other" place.

If you know how I can tell you, let me know.
Can you email it to me? - me
[ In Reply To ..]
can you click on reply by email? I don't want to put my email on here for all to see!
Yes but... - not until I get home
[ In Reply To ..]
And get a new email lol

I'm sure you're completely trustworthy and all that jazz lol but as they say better safe than sorry.
I understand - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
guess i'm not getting that email after all, go figure - me
[ In Reply To ..]
Knew it was too good to be true.

Really? Might not like their hours? - Then dont whine about not having a job

[ In Reply To ..]
I really felt for you because of your job loss. However, your last statement just flabbergasted me. Part of the problem with this industry is people are spoiled. If you need a job, you work what you have to. I'm sure lots of Americans aren't thrilled with the hours available to them, but they do what they have to!!!
really - me
[ In Reply To ..]
who are you to tell me not to whine! I had a job on Friday and woke up on Monday to find out I don't anymore. That does not mean that I should apply to jobs that have a schedule that won't work for me. As with any job I have ever had in any field it has to fit my lifestyle and that of my children! I am so sick of all the judgmental people on this site and you need to get a life!
Me - You go girl! With you on that. Some people need to BYOB. - The nastiness gets old. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
s

me - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish I could offer you a job, but I am no longer in that biz. However, I do offer you my empathy. As to the last paychecks owed, the nanosecond they are late, go to the Labor Board! Best of luck to you. I hope you find something good.

Similar Messages:

Oh Goodie, I Got An Email Stating I Have A Mentor For ASR.
Apr 11, 2012

ie, the shadow mentoring. They say their methods have been effective in increasing ASR production. We will see... The one good thing is they will get to see exactly how much I have to correct their ASR! It might be more educational for them than me. :) I use all the short cuts provided, but I do listen to every single word. ...

Well, Received An Email Early This Morning
May 23, 2010

that my account was in critical backlog. I worked my shift as I'm supposed to.....and got NJA with 40 minutes to go in my shift...lol. It's the longest day I've worked in weeks because I always run out, but CRITICAL backlog?  I highly doubt it. ...

I Was Reading An Email This Morning And It Suddenly Disappeared!
Mar 13, 2015

It was about the client wasn't happy and the account was at risk, and yet, it showed every day for the week the percent quality score was above minimum. Some "critical" errors, but I'll bet they were mostly not following the client profile. Earlier there was an email stating that the client (a different one) wasn't happy and we were at risk of losing that account. Had to do with selecting the encounters correctly. Gee.... This happens every time they start throwing everyon ...

Doctor Is Stating
May 23, 2011

"dermaclens" or "dermaclenz" ????  I can find a Derma-Clens when I google but it is used by vets.  Any suggestions?  TIA.  ...

Why Are They Job Posting Stating Up To 12 Cpl
Apr 18, 2015

I just saw a job ad for Nuance stating "You can earn up to .12788 cents per line."   Really?!  Not on the Bayscribe/Integra platforms!!!!   They knocked us down to .105 as the MOST we can make.  Is this part of their making it fair across the platforms BS?  I'm pissed.  When they switch us to a Nuance platform, will our pay go up to that?!  Grr ...

Got An E-mail Stating I Could Test Up To MME
Mar 21, 2013

I believe it is just another way to cut my pay further. ...

Mitchem Consulting Posting An Ad Stating That It Is
Feb 06, 2012

an IC position for a whole whopping 6 cpl.  Oh gonna grab that one...NOT! ...

Article Stating To Keep Medical Transcription In
Dec 29, 2012

http://www.ahdpg.com/blog/a-call-out-to-u-s-hospitals-to-help-put-americans-back-to-work/ ...

Stating Solid Shifts For IC Boldly In The Ad. Seriously?
May 25, 2013

Saw 2 ads posted here alone this week, perhaps there were more. Is it me or is this blantant disregard for IRS rules for IC. These ads state specific shifts and state for IC. Aren't these chancy moves on the part of the MTSO to actually put it in print publicly? Can't they get in trouble just for that? I am wondering if things have changed in rules for IC by the IRS or if I am losing my mind. Just touching base here for a reality check.  PS: I am not saying it isn't a 24/7 b ...

To QA: I Got A Comment Back Stating To Place The QA Marker
Jan 04, 2010

I always thought I had been doing that, but I got this message more than once, so I'd like to see if any QA here can clarify this.  CCM has no idea what she means ????  I always understood to place the QA marker right where I hear the blank and that is what I thought I was doing.  Any suggestions or comments as to what could be happening?  I don't want to make the QA's job any more difficult than it already is.....  TIA..... ...

Mumbling ER Doctor. Stating Allergy To S/L Sarandian. Sm
Apr 09, 2010

I'm not finding anything resembling this, even after listening multiple times, slowing down, speeding up. Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

New E-mail Today From Payroll Stating New PTO Rate
Jul 23, 2010

Did anybody get an e-mail like this today?  Just about 4 PM when I was starting my shift, I got a letter from payroll saying I would now be getting $7.50 an hour when I take PTO, when before I was told by payroll, it would be $9.50 an hour. This is the rate you have when you take a module or are in an MT conference. Anyways, ever since I started with Spheris, I got $9.50 an hour and have continued at this pay even after Medquist took over.  They said it is based on production since De ...

Got E Mail From My CCM Stating That Someone Called Trying To Get Access To MT's Computer
Jan 25, 2013

Very strange. Why would anyone want access to our work computer and how would they get our phone number and know we work for Mmodal.  Every day it gets stranger and stranger ...

Is It Legal To Ask A Person To Sign An Agreement Stating They Sm
Apr 04, 2013

will not comment about a company, including their payroll practices, here or on any social media? I know why the stipulation is there, since the company has not paid on time EVER and they were trashed here because of it, but if someone comes on the board and asks about the company, I would feel it within my rights to warn that person that if you need a reliable pay day, this is not the place. I have until Saturday to decide if I sign this document. I'm thinking about walking away anyway. ...

In The Mail Today I Got A Letter Stating I Was Eligible For A Pell Grant.
Apr 21, 2010

I had to look up what it was because I had never heard of it.  Turns out they are given to poor folks.   I don't know what made them send it to me but it does have my name on it so I know it is for me.   They must know I work at Transcend.  It is only good for vocational training, cannot be for more than one year and must focus on skills necessary for securing entry level employment.  I don't know what direction to go in from here.  I ...

Work Or Lack Of
Jul 22, 2010

Is work extremely slow for everyone? I've never seen it this bad. ...

Lack Of Work.
Aug 01, 2011

Is anyone else at MxSecure slow right now?  I have a scheduled work time like everyone else but am having to work horrible hours to get my line count in.  ...

Lack Of Work
Jul 06, 2012

Has anyone noticed less work in your queues lately? Has anyone had a hard time getting in to a new transcription company? I have 12 years experience, and had an easier time finding a job as a newbie than I do now. Think maybe this has anything to do with the cheap labor from India that is replacing American workers? I'm thinking about finishing my coding classes, but they give American jobs to India also. What does it take to earn a living in America now? ...

Lack Of Funds
Jan 17, 2013

Need to go to doctor but cannot afford to with consistent lack of work.  Hoping things pick up so that I can go and get my prescriptions refilled.  Made too much money last year to benefit from community medical care.  Stuck between a rock and a hard place. ...

Partial Lack?
Jul 24, 2013

doctor dictates what s/l : Likely left thumb EPL partial lack, does that sound right? ...

Lack Of Planning
Dec 12, 2013

You know that saying - A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine? Perfect picture of the North region this week. Apparently we were supposed to be upgraded to the newest version of Fluency except that due to the spectacular communication in the company no one received that information, including installation instructions and now there is a scramble to get everyone upgraded. Do I have all the tools to do my job? No. ...

VR Quality....or Lack Thereof (sm)
Dec 17, 2009

I have no problem with new technology.  I am often the first to buy a new electronic device or gadget. I was the first person in my little circle to get an iPhone, Slingbox, Wii and even a Magic Jack.  I bought all these devices with the knowledge that there would be bugs, installation problems and usage nuances, not to mention a learning curve of some sort on my part.  The transcription industry across the board has rushed to embrace VR technology with what seems like very little ...

TT And Work Or Lack Thereof...
Mar 25, 2010

If you are short lines/hours at TT, do you make up the time?  I find myself working 7 days a week there now and I am not able to log on at night when they send out emails that there is work now and we need to log on to make up the time.  I am worried they will cut me down to part-time, even though I am now making part-time pay but work full-time, or they might not give me health insurance.  I can't sit here every day for 16 hours! ...

Lack Of Work At Webmedx
Aug 01, 2010

So, for weeks, probably months now I sign on faithfully early morning for my shift and every, single day....no work on my primary, secondary, and sometimes even my third account.  It would last perhaps a few hours.  Now, lasting almost the entire day.  What in the world is going on with this company?  Told work is being held for in-house employees in one breath, but in the other oh new account started you will have work soon.  Ok, that was last month.  So I am finan ...

Let Go From Acusis For Lack Of Work
Jan 13, 2011

I worked part time for Acusis.  I always got in my lines every day. Was let go because I was told they needed to preserve the work for full-time employees.  I was there for 2 years (1-1/2 years as full time).  I really hope the work picks up for those staying on. ...

No Wonder We Suffer From Lack Of Self-esteem...
Jan 22, 2011

Has anyone ever noticed that if you make an error while entering a date in a mandatory field in the demographics, the error message that comes up starts off with "YOU FAILED!!!"??? Don't you just love the positive, uplifting attitude of our company towards its workers?  No wonder they didn't make the "Best 100 companies to work for" list yet again... ...

Lack Of Professional Etiquette
Mar 22, 2011

Has professional business etiquette really slipped so far?  I can't tell you how many times I have applied to a posting for a job on here or have emailed my supervisor/authority figure at work and never even received an email back acknowledging my email was received. How hard is it to say....Thank you for your concerns. I know that we need to discuss them, and I will get in contact with you shortly to do so.  OR  Thanks for applying to the position or thanks for sending your ...

Low Work And Lack Of Communication From Above
May 13, 2011

As an MT who has recently had a pay cut (or "new pay structure") and has consequently upped my game in terms of trying to get more lph, now I find there just seems to be not enough work to even get the 8 hours a day in. As per usual, when this happens I check on here and many other MTs have the same situation, are even more bitter when they see their company is hiring, etc. I am just wondering why we never seem to be offered any explanation from the higherups, or even a guess as to why this is. ...

FutureNet Job Ad & Lack Of Work
Sep 21, 2011

I just don't get FN's logic.  The latest ad is looking for VR editors from Friday through Monday afternoon and night shift.  The work statistics show minimal to NO work on all accounts over the weekend.  The weekends are the slowest times for all work.  Everyone must work a shift on a weekend day.  Most weekends, you would be lucky to get enough work to finish your shift.  Yes, they send e-mails begging for help when there are 5 reports to be done in an a ...

Lack Of Important Communication
Oct 22, 2013

There really needs to be a change in the level of meaningful communication.  A couple of weeks ago all of a sudden, there were no status updates.  It went from 2 a day even on the weekends to nothing for a week.  When I finally got one, the supervisor explained they were trying to determine how the work flowed without the status updates.  If I was a supervisor, that would scare me because it sounds like they are looking at ways of having less management personnel.  But, ...