A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Re Psychiatric MT job posting - cr

Posted: Feb 23, 2011

Can somebody explain to me how to access this site to take their test?Ftps://ftp.psychtrans.net.

Psychtrans - tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried getting into the site also and couldn't. I googled the company and got a website but nothing about applying or downloading the tests.

Psychtrans - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, at least that makes me feel better. I tried pasting it directly into URL window but that didn't work, and like you, I googled it to no avail. Thanks.

Psychtrans - MIMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I got into the site, but I couldn't get the voice files to play.

Psychtrans ftp site - Thumper50

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't access any of it, either.

WOW! - Cloverport

[ In Reply To ..]
This lady sounds scary to me. I googled and found an ad from a year ago on another site where she was looking for MTs, and went on and on about how she just had 2 MTs up and quit on her for personal reasons, blah, blah, blah. Too much information, and I think very, very unprofessional. I think I will pass. Also, check the archives. A poster said you don't get paid for 45 days.

re WOW - YIKES! - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
That's something to consider for sure.

Yes, just drop the "s" - ME

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually I just put in //ftp.psychtrans.net and it worked.

I might save you a little time by telling you the voice file for MTs is a detailed description of the job and expectations, etc., which is fine, however, what kept me from actually testing was the length of the tests. There are three tests with lengths from 7 to 20 minutes. That is far too much time to test without even an interview, for me anyway.

In other words, I think the MTSO could provide much shorter test files and still be able to gauge whether or not the applicant is qualified.

There is a delay in the first payment, but she indicates there is some room for negotiation here.

re: drop "s" - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the information. Maybe the 7-20 minute "tests" are not really tests since she just lost her MTs and has no one to transcribe the reports. Haha.

LOL!! - Zville MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I tested for her several years ago and received three "test files" - one was 10 minutes, one was 13 minutes, and one was 24 minutes. I have to admit, I thought the exact same thing you did!
Zville MT - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
This whole Psychtrans thing sounds/smells fishy to me. I say, RUN!

I wouldn't do it. I recently took a LONG test and was hired ...2 weeks later, still not workin - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
It was not this psychiatric position, but still I consider it a lesson learned. :(

Was that the company - dmt

[ In Reply To ..]
that was swamped with work some people were talking about here, Aero or something I think? Just trying to keep track of all the posts on various companies that seem to have work. Thanks!

Yes. I am still waiting on a hospital ID. First time I have ever had sm - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
to wait several weeks to start a job. Communication does not seem to be the best, so that is a bit concerning. If I had known, I would have waited to give my notice, but fortunately I have enough jobs I can cover. I am just a bit frustrated and disappointed and wonder if I have wasted my time.
ok, thanks - dmt
[ In Reply To ..]
Bummer...I thought maybe that was the one. I went to their website and looked around when it was being discussed but didn't go any further with it. I hope you get up and running, but that does seem quite a long time to wait to get started. I agree,usually up and running pretty quickly is my experience, sometimes has been same day depending... can understand your frustration, good luck!! and thanks for your post!
Yes, it is a huge red flag - ME
[ In Reply To ..]
it would be for me anyway... Poor communication at the outset and a delay in starting would suggest you may have real problems once you start work that will be handled the same way.

Just sayin.
Reply to your post LTMT - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
I sent emails to you, explaining the process. It is not the company, it is the hospital. They are the ones who assign the IDs, passwords etc., and with it being a certain platform that is used by a number of hospitals, you may have to sit and wait. Again, I explained to you that it took me 3 weeks to get my information; however, at that time, I was able to start working right away. Things have changed. There are MANY companies out there where you don't start working immediately and have to wait a week or so to be set up with tech support, etc. It does not mean that you have not been hired, it means for some reason there was a glitch and to email the company and "bug them" about it does no good either.

Just my humble opinion.
Since you did not have to wait for the ID and started immediately, this seems an unfair comment on y - LTMT
[ In Reply To ..]
And I do not think sending them 2 emails in 2 weeks asking about the status of things is bugging anyone, although I should not have had to do that. They should have communicated with me upfront when they found out it would take longer. I was told I would start a few days after I was hired. I relied on THEIR information since they are the ones I will be working for and who will be paying me.

I have appreciated your input, but considering you started to work immediately and did not have to wait for your ID, and I have been sitting and waiting for over 2 weeks, as I said, I am not sure you are fair in your assessment of things, and I think you are out of line to try to chastise me in a public forum, but at this point it does not matter. I did hear from her today, although I still have no idea when I'll be trained and at this point I do not care.

Thanks for your help. I wish you much continued success.
Not my business, but being hired doesn't mean diddly with no paycheck. nm - I could not wait 3 weeks to be paid
[ In Reply To ..]
uuuuuu
Your post - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
This was another company entirely. It was not about waiting to be paid three weeks; however, it was about starting with the company. The company pays weekly, but there ARE documents that needed to be filled out by the MTs by the HOSPITAL and not the company, before they could actually start working. I was fortunate enough to be able to start working for the company that LTMT is referring to, without having to have those credentials, but that was also back in November-December. Right now, this company has about 10-15 MTs on this particular account and it does have to go through hospital paperwork first. I finally received my passwords after about three weeks as well as set up instructions; however, there is one part where voice files are involved, and another where transcription is involved. In the past two days with this particular company, the portion involving the voice files has been "goofy; i.e., perfectly good dictators sounding like they are underwater. This is an "issue" with LTMT, and the fact that she was hired by the particular company that I work for, quit one job to start with this company and I advised her via private email, that it may take some time to get started.

What many MTs do not realize, is the fact that there may be "several factors involved regarding tech support." In the case of my particular company, I have to deal with one company regarding voice files and another company involving the actual software platform that is used.

Also, things do not always go according to what "you want or demand." I have had an extremely stressful week, and with straight typing and VR, am very close to being evicted. I did find a very small company, straight transcription and am now starting to "get on my feet". My check today, was between $550-600, but again, having dealt with "nationals" and their crappy pay rates, I will deal with my small service, who really does not advertise and go from there.

As I said, not my business, but I would not want to wait to start 3 weeks either. sm - I could not wait
[ In Reply To ..]
If a company told me I would have to wait 3 weeks to start, I would have to weigh that, but my inclination would be "no thanks." And if I read the post correctly, it sounds as if he/she was told by the company that work would start the following week. Are you an officer of the company? Otherwise, I'm not sure why you are emailing people about work.

Sorry you are having issues. In this day and age, I suppose we all do. I myself only do MT part time now and am trying to get my nursing degree, one of the few things that they haven't figured out how to offshore or have a machine do.

Could not access anything... - Jumpin Hoops

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried accessing via internet with and w/o the "s" and finally got to a place just called New Folder but it was empty. Also accessed via my FTP and got to the same place, New Folder, but it was empty. How can we test if there is nothing in there??? I've Replied by Email twice, but no response. Also went to her website, but there is nothing there either.

Psychiatric MT job posting - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The same thing happened when I tried to access the folder - there was nothing there. I emailed also, but no response either.

Just FYI, pay is VBC, after seeing that I exited out. (NM) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Could not access anything - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
How did you access the file? There is nothing there when I tried to access it. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if the folder is empty.
I was able to access it late last night by dropping the "s" (sm) - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
as someone else suggested. There were several files there to open and read, one being the line rate file, which I opened, read and then exited out. I did not try the other files. I wonder if she has deleted it because of the response.

Where do you see pay is VBC? - I saw gross line.

[ In Reply To ..]
I got into the pay info file and it says she pays on a gross line versus a 65-character line and she gave examples of the difference in rates. Where did you see that it was VBC?

Testing for psych MT job - oldie

[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't even think about it - did you see the additional post she put on here. If people aren't staying - there's a reason!!! It sounds like she is trying to get her backlog done by all of us who take the test... Psych transcription is not that difficult folks - as a matter of fact it is usually really sad and boring to me! As someone else said "Run Forest Run". Pay sound dreadful too from what's on here.

Ad was removed for noncompliance. NM - Moderator

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Anyone See The Ad For The Psychiatric
Oct 31, 2012

I have everything required except WordPerfect software.  Would WP be compatible or cause problems if you have other software/platforms on your computer?  I would think not, but things happen.  Is this sofware even available anymore?  Also wondering how the files would be uploaded back to facility.  TIA ...

Psychiatric Exam
Aug 05, 2010

I have never run across this.  Any ideas?  Thank you.   He is concrete in his thinking, is goal-directed, but many of his goals are irrational, based on his history.  ORIENTATIONAL ABILITY??  : His memory appears intact.  ...

Psychiatric Word Help Please
Jun 19, 2011

Word sounds like "Oh-jen-ing" Doctor dictates:  "He had a manic psychotic break with auditory hallucinations and (s/l) oh-jen-ing in the head. " Thank you very much! ...

Psychiatric Disorder S/l Nof
Nov 09, 2010

Hi, In the list of discharge diagnoses the doc says "Psychiatric disorder s/l EN-OH-EFF or maybe IN-O-EFF." Does anyone know what this is? thanks in advance. ...

Psychiatric Work Help, Please
Jul 22, 2011

s/o "middle kingdom."  Doctor dictates:  "The patient is very basal ganglia driven and middle kingdom driven."  Thank you - I've looked in all my books and googled and can't find anything for "middle kingdom" driven. ...

Psychiatric Drug
Apr 06, 2012

s/l pray do sin ...

Psychiatric Word Help, Please
May 14, 2013

Doctor dictates for the patient to "use the *relavan* technique to shift cognitive frame."   (It almost sounds like "roll-a-van."). Your help is much appreciated.  Thank you! ...

Help With Psychiatric Test Name
Mar 20, 2014

I believe the words I need help with (which sound like "Crispy Slay") are the name of a test. The doctor dictates the following:  "It might be interesting to secure psychometrics and interesting to do an ASD workup, but at a bare minimum an IQ and achievement to see if there is a pattern on the scores.  "Crispy Slay" was very mild."   Thank you very much for your help! ...

Psychiatric Diagnosis
Mar 25, 2015

9-year-old male  with aggression, impulsivity and hyperactivity. Axis I - ADHD, combined type and s/l BMDD.  (Need to expand BMDD.) ...

Psychiatric Term S/l *lasodymia*
May 04, 2010

He reports that he feels useless and worthless with sense of indifference towards self as well as others to the point he is unspontaneous and has no sense of feeling at times, suggestive of s/l *lasodymia.*  The dictator is a mumbler so not sure if that is the correct beginning of the word or not.  Thanks! ...

Past Psychiatric History
Aug 11, 2010

ED is dictated several times a few of the instances are: Hospitalizations: 1. ED age 13 St. Clair Hospital Monroe 2. 15 years old ED November of that year. 4. 1996 3-week hospitalization in Racine was transferred to Mendota Mental Health Institute on an ED where she remained between May and September of 1996.   What does ED stand for? ...

Capitalization - Psychiatric Emergency
Sep 11, 2010

Do I capitalize "Psychiatric Emergency Area" or just "Psychiatric Emergency" and not "area" ? I believe "emergency room" is not to be capitalized but I have seen where "Psychiatric Emergency Room" was capitalized.    Thank You ! ...

Getting Into Psychological/psychiatric Transcription
Feb 28, 2011

I have 30-plus years of experience in transcription, but not medical.  I am interested in getting into the psychological/psychiatric area of transcription.  I have experience with psychological transcription, since I did work for a psychologist in the past transcribing evaluations and progress notes.  I was wondering if anybody knows how to get into this area of transcription.  Would I need to take a medical transcription course somewhere.  Or would it be possible for me ...

Psychiatric Pairs/pares?
Jan 09, 2012

I am doing an H and P and under the physical examination, dictator says - PSYCHIATRIC: All pairs/pares intact. Is 'pairs' correct? If not, any ideas? Thanks in advance. ...

Psychiatric AXIS I Formatting
May 31, 2013

Greetings, I recently got a gig for Psychiatric clinic and I am a little confused as to the accepted formatting for DSM diagnoses under AXIS I...  Here is what I have been doing, and it's different from examples I've seen online... I'm thinking I learned my current style from either CareerStep or working for Nuance; however, I'm not sure...  My clinic doesn't really have any concrete formatting guidelines, but I want to be using best practices nonetheless. &nbs ...

Psychiatric Treatment On ?minsui? Precautions
Apr 13, 2013

In a psych eval treatment plan, the doctor states, "He will be on MSAS monitoring, minsui precautions, and alcohol withdrawal precautions."  What is minsui?  how is it written?  Is it an abbreviation, acronym?  Looking at old reports I see about 6 different ways it has been edited.  ...

Psychiatric/ Behavioral Health Companies
Apr 29, 2013

PLEASE HELP!!! I am looking for an MT job in the Mental Health field.  Can anyone help me out with an excellent company??! ...

Psychiatric Drug, Sounds Like Xarelto Or Zarelco? TIA Nm
Sep 21, 2013

nm ...

Prn Hem/onc Job Posting
May 08, 2010

Did anyone apply and then hear about the prn job with Audrey's Transcription Service?  Thanks.  ...

Job Posting
May 25, 2010

How can they ask you to work stated hours if you are an IC?  I see this all the time.  They want an employee, full time, but an IC.  Don't understand all that. ...

Just Saw A Posting For GT For $70 An A/h - Now That
Jul 10, 2012

these jobs are out there and this is along the norm.  Don't - DO NOT - buy into the $30 or $45 an a/h baloney.  They are ripping you off.  Yes, I'm back on my soap box LOL. ...

Why Is TT Out Of H. Always Posting Sm
Dec 21, 2013

the same job ad(s) OVER and OVER again? ...

REV.COM Job Posting....
Mar 19, 2014

According to the job posting this company is based in San Francisco.  The stated pay rate averages $241.00 per month.  If I were this company, I would embarrassed to advertise the pathetic pay they give their MTs in one of the most expensive cities in the country.  If it weren't so tragic that there are desperate people out there looking for a job, it would be laughable.  ...

Funny Job Posting...
Feb 19, 2010

This on the job board today: "XXXX is looking for an experienced QA person to start immmediatly. We are also looking for MT's that have expereince in cardiology (esl), er and discharge summary experience." Yes, I think that QA person does need to start "immediatly". ...

Test Posting
Apr 05, 2010

I wrote a long post and it would not go through, despite the fact that I posted one earlier today.  This is just a test. ...

Job Board Posting . . .
May 16, 2010

On-call radiology work for weekends only . . . at 6 cpl!!!!!  Wow.  I hope no one is willing to take something like this. ...

Radiology IC Job Posting
Oct 27, 2010

I noticed that posting and sent an email.  Pretty sure they posted something similar before because my email had saved their address in it.  Never heard back though.  Does anyone remember this besides me?  Did anyone get hired?  Or a call?  Or an interview?  $2.50 a report, for anyone who has never been paid per report, is excellent!  ...

Posting Pet Peeve
Nov 05, 2010

I have a POSTER pet peeve.  When a comment or question is posted about a specific company, why is the original poster likely to never elaborate?  Why are they wasting everyone’s time? What is up with these hit-and-run posts?   Someone makes an outrageous comment or asks a question implying something negative.  Then when you answer and either ask for more information or ask the original poster a question, the original poster is long gone – never to be heard ...

TT And The Posting Of An IC Getting Work From TT.
Jun 06, 2011

Concerned about the posting from the Midwestern MT who said she had work to be done from TransTech and here we all are sitting and checking and no work.  Wondering now about this new SWAT team thing.  From what I was told that the 'beast of the business' is they worry about TAT because they have to take a cut in their portion of the line count wages, so they'd rather meet the TAT?  And yes, we are all cross trained pretty much anyway, but they want lightening speed. ...

TT Posting For Radiology
Sep 08, 2011

What is up with this?  They have plenty of inside people to ASK if they want this work?? I don't get it.  How about the old saying from companies that they "hire within first" because they treat the employees with respect since they have been there and are 'loyal.'  So, many scraping for work and being exhausted by the demands of having to produce for pennies.  Where is this job going?  Where is the labor board?  We only have this board.  ...