A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wow, became really excited with the posting of a new job (sm) - Nonnie

Posted: Dec 17, 2011

Became even more excited when I read that it was owned by a former transcriptionist and then it hit, pay will start at 7-8 CPL, depending upon experience and oh, hey, all of our transcriptionists are ICs.  What the heck???? 

Oh well, hopefully one of the 50 companies that I have applied with this week will contact me.  Still beating that worn out path ....

Good luck to anyone else that is looking!

Good luck and best wishes! - hmmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
I know it can frustrating when you get excited about a job and then you read "IC" status or something that throws it all off. I hope something comes along for you soon!

Consider it from the MTSO's side ... (sm) - Another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Some of us would love to be able to pay IC's more than 7-8 cpl but can't afford to.

I have my own clients and am looking for an IC to help me out. However, I need to make some money on top of what I pay him/her because I make 12 cpl, purchased all the equipment/software for the IC and do all the editing, coverage etc.

I'm sorry that I can't afford to make an IC rich but when I'm not getting rich and putting out all the overhead, what can I do?

You can say "charge more" but face it, most of the clinics that hire small MTSOs or individual MTs aren't making big bucks themselves and can't or won't pay the 18-20 cpl that a biggie like MQ can charge.

Personally I'd rather make 7-8 cpl as an IC working for a small MTSO then making 7-8 cpl working for a national but then again, maybe I'm an idiot.

Please don't knock the smaller companies, especially those run by former MTs. We're not out to rip anyone off, we're likely just trying to keep our own heads above water while making a couple cpl above what we pay you since it's OUR name on the line and we've done all the legwork to get the client.

Fabulously stated, thank you! - luckyladyinca

[ In Reply To ..]
And I am paying the ICs more than I get and yet paying for dictation system, phone lines, etc., advertising, QA, account setup, etc. You are correct in saying clients do not pay us 18-20 cpl. The clients simply state a price they are willing to pay after we tell them what we charge, and we have to decide if this is acceptable or pass. Some clients will agree to the price stated and others want a discount. Some quote prices so low that I laugh and pass. I do know that I demand great dictation from my clients, no cell phone or VoIP, and speak clear, which is part of the service contract and "good dictation etiquette price." I also use landlines for the dictation system despite their much higher costs. The MTSOs can control sound/dictation quality.

Similar Messages:

I Was Excited About The Job Posting That Just
Aug 20, 2012

showed up until I saw it paid NO SPACES!!  I have MS Word 2000 and FTP.  I will not apply because of no spaces though.  Dislike! ...

Excited
Jun 16, 2010

Unbanned again.  Long story.  Anyways, I am so excited.  I have an interview on Monday at 3 p.m. at my old in-house facility for a transcription position.  They never, ever have an opening so this is unbelievable.  Would be more money (again) and better vacation/benefits.  I am so hopeful for the first time in a while.  There is hope for us!!!  ...

You Will All Be Excited To Know
Mar 20, 2013

I know I was thrilled. ...

So Excited...
Feb 22, 2014

I have taken a position with Imedx/GIS and could not be happier to get back into transcription. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I did CNA work for a while, long hours, terrible wear and tear on your body and low pay. I had done CNA work prior to transcription. I also currently work at a school as an aide. Low pay, part time, don't get paid for snow days, etc. At least with transcription, I'm at home, I can be flexible with my hours, don't have to worry about ...

Anyone Else Excited About....
Jul 03, 2014

Clocking in and out as work barely trickles in for the next several days??   Email this morning says to make sure we punch in and out as work will be slow-don't want to have to get MUP. It is ridiculous--knowing this happens around every holiday, we should not have to use PTO for the time there is no work---not for a holiday or ever--none of this is new.... Last year I requested off around a holiday and was told that no part-time employees could have it off (It was Labor Day).   ...

I'm Excited About Learning Something New
Sep 11, 2012

I'm getting everything together to start on a new path. I've been impressed with so many of you who have taken on a new career even though you, like me, are well out of your 30s and 40s. I am inspired by people I've met on here who are changing their lives. I've seen you say that it scares you, but you're doing it anyway. I really have to respect that. Congratulations to all of us! ...

Oh People I'm So Excited
Jul 15, 2013

I had an interview with a tiny local MTSO and tomorrow I start training.  She knows I am not quite ready to totally jump ship and is willing to let me try it out and see how it goes.  I should be able to figure out pretty quickly if I can make good money and if so I can finally say goodbye! The benefits may be a problem, but maybe not.  It's clinic work, all straight typing, with templates, templates, templates!  I can't believe my good luck! ...

I'm So Excited...I'm Getting Fired.
Mar 04, 2014

Made an appointment with social security office.  Already receiving TIAA-CREF payout (from divorce...waited 14 years for that)  Will be getting more money than with MM without the headaches and pay cuts.  And just in time, my audit score of 96.1 this month will be a FAILURE next month.  Guitar lesssons, books, and coffee shops HERE I COME. ...

So Excited I Get To Work ANOTHER Holiday!!!!
May 25, 2010

Totally amazing unless the holiday falls on the 1 day a week that I don't work I can't have it off.....and oh no I'm not complaining I love not getting to spend time with my family! This company rocks! ...

Now I'm Excited!! I Saw That Landmark Is Now Hiring
Dec 20, 2011

I have heard so many awesome things and am just very glad they accept Vista.  I am so praying now.  May not be able to give my kids gifts for Christmas, but a new job would help! ...

Egad I Hate That!! I Was Getting Really Excited About The
Mar 03, 2012

post that said psychiatry, psychology, podiatry and found out it was posted in the wrong spot!!  UGH!!  It was by a person named Sheba if a mod sees this so they can delete it! ...

Actually Excited To Start May 6 W/Nuance
Apr 21, 2013

Just finally able to get established from home and no more commute! Gotta look at the bright side, right? ...

Funny How The Things They're Most Excited About Depress Me The Most.
Apr 17, 2013

Meeting TAT faster? That's because everyone's sitting around waiting on work. More and more work going to ASR?  No comment even necessary on how bad that is... ...

Call Me Crazy, But Am Excited To Start With SoftScript
Nov 01, 2010

I know many will think I'm insane, but I used to work for MQ and actually did really well there.  When they switched over to the open pooling, well my line count went down the drain and I quit.  I have since tried to be rehired, but I am on their do not touch list so I cannot even submit an application.  Probably because my supervisor didn't turn in anything about my 2 week notice I left, as she was let go during my two weeks.  Anyway (sorry to ramble), I just signe ...

I Am So Very Excited!! I Am Starting A Dental Assistant Program (sm)
Jan 27, 2011

in March, will have it completed on May 1st and will be walking away from MT forever!!!  For anyone who are thinking about leaving this field, I wish you all the best and for those who decide to stay, the same, I wish you all the best as well!!  I am nervous but so excited to start something new!  I just received my W2 and after working long hours, nights, weekends, giving up all of this time with my family, it earned me an incredible amount of $14,000.  I have been told that ...

I DID IT! I Enrolled In DeVry University! I'm Pretty Excited Too.
Apr 03, 2012

I have been talking about going back to school for years now.  Then I did the whole researching of schools and still couldn't make the decision.  Well, last week was the worst week of my life.  I got fired from my main job, by main I mean the one I carried my benefits through (I always have 2 jobs because of the precarious nature of our the MT industry).  My 19-year-old son took my car in the middle of the night while I was asleep without asking and totalled it.  S ...

Breitner Job Offer -- Excited And Hope This Is Good Decision.
May 15, 2012

I just got a job offer after completing their test process.  This were very hard reports to transcribe, but they said I passed.  Really kind of surprised, cuz I am not up on Genetics and lab tests for that specialty.  Also the cardiac cath report was ESL who was hard to understand.   Well anyway just glad I passed.  I have looked through archives on this company and they mostly have positive messages.  They say plenty of work, nice company to work for, pay on ...

Response To "Don't Get Too Excited" -- Meclizine Won't Help This Time
Apr 07, 2010

We've already been notified that "lock-down" has been cancelled until they fix some glitch, hours before I start my shift, so I don't get to see "what happens." But I certainly tend to agree with you when you say, "don't get too excited" and then extrapolate. I feel like I've been riding a high-speed rollercoaster for 10 years.  Every time it gets to the top of a hill and I heave a sigh of relief, I find myself being madly flung into the depths of chaos and confusion, ...

Prn Hem/onc Job Posting
May 08, 2010

Did anyone apply and then hear about the prn job with Audrey's Transcription Service?  Thanks.  ...

Job Posting
May 25, 2010

How can they ask you to work stated hours if you are an IC?  I see this all the time.  They want an employee, full time, but an IC.  Don't understand all that. ...

Just Saw A Posting For GT For $70 An A/h - Now That
Jul 10, 2012

these jobs are out there and this is along the norm.  Don't - DO NOT - buy into the $30 or $45 an a/h baloney.  They are ripping you off.  Yes, I'm back on my soap box LOL. ...

Why Is TT Out Of H. Always Posting Sm
Dec 21, 2013

the same job ad(s) OVER and OVER again? ...

REV.COM Job Posting....
Mar 19, 2014

According to the job posting this company is based in San Francisco.  The stated pay rate averages $241.00 per month.  If I were this company, I would embarrassed to advertise the pathetic pay they give their MTs in one of the most expensive cities in the country.  If it weren't so tragic that there are desperate people out there looking for a job, it would be laughable.  ...

Funny Job Posting...
Feb 19, 2010

This on the job board today: "XXXX is looking for an experienced QA person to start immmediatly. We are also looking for MT's that have expereince in cardiology (esl), er and discharge summary experience." Yes, I think that QA person does need to start "immediatly". ...

Test Posting
Apr 05, 2010

I wrote a long post and it would not go through, despite the fact that I posted one earlier today.  This is just a test. ...

Job Board Posting . . .
May 16, 2010

On-call radiology work for weekends only . . . at 6 cpl!!!!!  Wow.  I hope no one is willing to take something like this. ...

Radiology IC Job Posting
Oct 27, 2010

I noticed that posting and sent an email.  Pretty sure they posted something similar before because my email had saved their address in it.  Never heard back though.  Does anyone remember this besides me?  Did anyone get hired?  Or a call?  Or an interview?  $2.50 a report, for anyone who has never been paid per report, is excellent!  ...

Posting Pet Peeve
Nov 05, 2010

I have a POSTER pet peeve.  When a comment or question is posted about a specific company, why is the original poster likely to never elaborate?  Why are they wasting everyone’s time? What is up with these hit-and-run posts?   Someone makes an outrageous comment or asks a question implying something negative.  Then when you answer and either ask for more information or ask the original poster a question, the original poster is long gone – never to be heard ...

Re Psychiatric MT Job Posting
Feb 23, 2011

Can somebody explain to me how to access this site to take their test?Ftps://ftp.psychtrans.net. ...

TT And The Posting Of An IC Getting Work From TT.
Jun 06, 2011

Concerned about the posting from the Midwestern MT who said she had work to be done from TransTech and here we all are sitting and checking and no work.  Wondering now about this new SWAT team thing.  From what I was told that the 'beast of the business' is they worry about TAT because they have to take a cut in their portion of the line count wages, so they'd rather meet the TAT?  And yes, we are all cross trained pretty much anyway, but they want lightening speed. ...