A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Posting pet peeve - Fido

Posted: Nov 05, 2010

I have a POSTER pet peeve. 

When a comment or question is posted about a specific company, why is the original poster likely to never elaborate?  Why are they wasting everyone’s time?

What is up with these hit-and-run posts?   Someone makes an outrageous comment or asks a question implying something negative.  Then when you answer and either ask for more information or ask the original poster a question, the original poster is long gone – never to be heard from again. 

If you do not want an answer to a question, why waste everyone’s time by asking it?  It is getting to the point where I think twice about replying to a question on the Company Board (that one seems to get the most hit and run Posters).  I already wasted time reading the question, why should I waste more time answering their question if the original poster will not reciprocate by answering a question I may have. 

Okay.  Rant over.  Just had to let out my pet peeve of the day.

Arf! Arf!

My particular posting pet peeve - Is not bothering to put NM or no message

[ In Reply To ..]
I open the thread thinking I'll be reading something enlightening or interesting but nope, no message at all in there and the poster couldn't be bothered to type NM or NO MSG or anything to indicate NOT to waste my time opening their post.

Just bugs me, lol!

That's mine, too. Postersused nm all the time - Backwards Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
but I noticed it fading away some months to a year ago. Don't know why. Could it be because there are a lot of new people here?

I always use it when I don't have a message inside my posts but noted some people still open my post.

I open even "nm" posts so the color will change. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Easier to scan a thread then and see which posts are new and haven't been opened yet. Anyway, that's why I click on all posts.

People who post on the Job Seekers Board. ber-derp - mimi

[ In Reply To ..]

Ha! Me, too, with that one, usually accompanied by mention of their attention - to detail.... nm nm nm nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

reverse nm peeve - dls

[ In Reply To ..]
when posters us nm, but you just know there is a message. of course, it is possible that i am hopelessly antiquated and that there is a new meaning for nm...

Similar Messages:

Pet Peeve..
Aug 07, 2012

Just venting.. why does the dictator feel the need to state, "Briefly..." in every one of her reports, as she starts dictating an almost 30-minute report? Just annoys me! ...

Peeve
Aug 29, 2012

Sorry, I just have to vent. This PhD I type evals for uses the phrase, "The form indicates...."  The form is filled out by the parents.  It would seem to me that the PARENTS indicate -- as the form is an inanimate object and cannot "indicate" anything.  OK, getting off my soap box and back to work.  P.S. She also ends many sentences in prepositions. ...

My Pet Peeve
Jan 26, 2013

It is beginning to drive me CRAZY that these companies never feel like they owe us any explanation whatsoever when we run out of work.  On my job, I will have full lines maybe three days and then the fourth day not one drop of work.  Sometimes, I will email my supervisor to ask her and don't get a response back.  I cannot understand why anyone would feel that we should go to work, not have a single thing to do, and we deserve zero communication as to why! Back when I first s ...

New Pet Peeve
Sep 10, 2014

Dictate on your phone and leave it on buzz so I can decipher through that.. ...

My Biggest Peeve
Nov 18, 2009

More than anything, I hate it when they're eating and dictating.  I can't verbalize how upset this makes me.  I'm not asking the dictator to kiss my rear end, but right now I've got an ESL with an incomprehensible accent chomping and chewing in my ear.  AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! ...

Pet Dictation Peeve
May 25, 2010

Ooooh!  This gets me.  This is an NP who is dictating acute care - "The patient comes in with a diagnosis of non-insulin dependent diabetes 'myelitis'."  Puhleeze!  The same dictator pronounces "organomegaly" as "organomeglea."  It's like hearing someone scratching their fingernails down a blackboard.  Shouldn't these people have had enough schooling to be able to sound out words?! ...

Small Pet Peeve
Aug 16, 2010

After struggling with names like Siobhan, Ahleksi (concocted to prove a point), and Yvan, I am so happy to have a "normal name" such as what sounds like "John Carter." Whew! Finally! A no-brainer! But I start to look it up-- no such thing in the data base. Well! It just happens to be "John Carter" spelled "Gionn Kharter." This is just a not-real-life illustration. But isn't it irritating when you finally get a regular-sounding name and it's not so regular, and the d ...

Dictator Pet Peeve
Oct 12, 2010

I know this is petty, but for some reason, it grates on my nerves to hear:  blah, blah Period space space.   Or Colon space space enter.  I mean, please, are we considered that incompentent?  but on the other end of the spectrum we have those that don't say any punctuation, which is absolutely fine, but a pause would be nice.  It's not necessary to dictate a whole report in one breath. ...

VENTING - PET PEEVE
Jul 18, 2012

I just have to vent.....the thing that I cannot stand most about this job - even more than the pay, the lack of work, etc....is when the dictator CHEWS GUM when he/she is dictating.  The sound of someone smacking their gum, whether in person or on the phone, makes me CRAZY.  I am positive they do not do this in front of patients or other doctors...but since we aren't 'real people' to them...they just smack away.  I can barely get through the report.  OK.  ...

My Present Pet Peeve
Oct 09, 2012

We dont get paid for ADT information,,YET I got back a report I sent through QA and it said I have to fix all the ADT information with ? next to the docs, that is like every report..what the heck? ...

My Biggest Pet Peeve
Feb 24, 2015

has got to be doctors burping in my ears, so gross! ...

Biggest Pet Peeve -- Let's Hear It!
Oct 12, 2010

Mine is chewing of any sort -- food, gum, etc.  They can't be so busy that they have to dictate while smacking.  ...

My Biggest QA Peeve Today Is...
Sep 20, 2012

Unless the CP states otherwise... When the doctor dictates "Dr. Smith," don't pull in his full name with credentials from the database, just type "Dr. Smith." Example: Dictated: " I called Dr. Smith to the ER. " Type: I called Dr. Smith to the ER. NOT: I called Emmett J. Smith, MD, to the ER. If the doctor does dictate a full name or for some other reason you do pull the name in from the database, remember to put a comma after the credentials if it is in the middle of the sentence. ...

Lets See My Peeve For Today Is
Nov 27, 2012

How do you keep every profile straight when you have about 60 to follow?  And how do you make any money?  Honestly would rather be NJA then handle all these different accounts, at least I could accomplish something like maybe housework, or walking the dogs. ...

Dear Employer: Today's Pet Peeve
Nov 13, 2010

I've been a transcriptionist for more than 25 years, have worked for 7 different employers, and every one of them has always said that it is required for everyone to work one weekend day, you either work sunday through thursday or tuesday through saturday.  Then I see an email to all employees that says, "please consider changing your schedule to work a weekend day."  WTF?  There are people not already working a weekend day?  That makes me feel pretty stupid for all the ...

Pet Peeve. Docs Who Use "in Lieu Of" Incorrectly
Jun 09, 2011

Does anyone else run across this?  I work on a verbatim account and a few of the doctors say "in lieu of" when they clearly mean "in light of."  I've flagged these before, but QA has always left them as is.  It gets on my nerves. ...

Prn Hem/onc Job Posting
May 08, 2010

Did anyone apply and then hear about the prn job with Audrey's Transcription Service?  Thanks.  ...

Job Posting
May 25, 2010

How can they ask you to work stated hours if you are an IC?  I see this all the time.  They want an employee, full time, but an IC.  Don't understand all that. ...

Just Saw A Posting For GT For $70 An A/h - Now That
Jul 10, 2012

these jobs are out there and this is along the norm.  Don't - DO NOT - buy into the $30 or $45 an a/h baloney.  They are ripping you off.  Yes, I'm back on my soap box LOL. ...

Why Is TT Out Of H. Always Posting Sm
Dec 21, 2013

the same job ad(s) OVER and OVER again? ...

REV.COM Job Posting....
Mar 19, 2014

According to the job posting this company is based in San Francisco.  The stated pay rate averages $241.00 per month.  If I were this company, I would embarrassed to advertise the pathetic pay they give their MTs in one of the most expensive cities in the country.  If it weren't so tragic that there are desperate people out there looking for a job, it would be laughable.  ...

Funny Job Posting...
Feb 19, 2010

This on the job board today: "XXXX is looking for an experienced QA person to start immmediatly. We are also looking for MT's that have expereince in cardiology (esl), er and discharge summary experience." Yes, I think that QA person does need to start "immediatly". ...

Test Posting
Apr 05, 2010

I wrote a long post and it would not go through, despite the fact that I posted one earlier today.  This is just a test. ...

Job Board Posting . . .
May 16, 2010

On-call radiology work for weekends only . . . at 6 cpl!!!!!  Wow.  I hope no one is willing to take something like this. ...

Radiology IC Job Posting
Oct 27, 2010

I noticed that posting and sent an email.  Pretty sure they posted something similar before because my email had saved their address in it.  Never heard back though.  Does anyone remember this besides me?  Did anyone get hired?  Or a call?  Or an interview?  $2.50 a report, for anyone who has never been paid per report, is excellent!  ...

Re Psychiatric MT Job Posting
Feb 23, 2011

Can somebody explain to me how to access this site to take their test?Ftps://ftp.psychtrans.net. ...

TT And The Posting Of An IC Getting Work From TT.
Jun 06, 2011

Concerned about the posting from the Midwestern MT who said she had work to be done from TransTech and here we all are sitting and checking and no work.  Wondering now about this new SWAT team thing.  From what I was told that the 'beast of the business' is they worry about TAT because they have to take a cut in their portion of the line count wages, so they'd rather meet the TAT?  And yes, we are all cross trained pretty much anyway, but they want lightening speed. ...

TT Posting For Radiology
Sep 08, 2011

What is up with this?  They have plenty of inside people to ASK if they want this work?? I don't get it.  How about the old saying from companies that they "hire within first" because they treat the employees with respect since they have been there and are 'loyal.'  So, many scraping for work and being exhausted by the demands of having to produce for pennies.  Where is this job going?  Where is the labor board?  We only have this board.  ...

Posting Resumes
Nov 11, 2011

Has anyone ever received any response to your resume posted online.  Not sure if I should do this or no so just wondering.  Thanks ...

Wow, Became Really Excited With The Posting Of A New Job (sm)
Dec 17, 2011

Became even more excited when I read that it was owned by a former transcriptionist and then it hit, pay will start at 7-8 CPL, depending upon experience and oh, hey, all of our transcriptionists are ICs.  What the heck????  Oh well, hopefully one of the 50 companies that I have applied with this week will contact me.  Still beating that worn out path .... Good luck to anyone else that is looking! ...