A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Mitchem consulting posting an ad stating that it is - sm

Posted: Feb 06, 2012

an IC position for a whole whopping 6 cpl.  Oh gonna grab that one...NOT!

So sorry you feel that way... - Tonya

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry that you feel that pay is beneath you. In our region of the country, which is a small region here in WV the docs are not willing to pay what you may make in a larger city. Work, at least is steady. I post my ads for people wanting and willing to work. The transcription industry isn't what it used to be and it is getting worse, not better. We have EMR, VR, etc as competition. The MTSO cannot just give the account away, we as the owners are attempting to make a living as well. I guess we should follow what my grandmother used to say..."if you don't have anything good to say, then say nothing at all" There are a lot of people who wish to work. I'm not attempting to cheat anyone, I am just offering an IC position that anyone is perfectly welcome to apply for or not, but to bad mouth me or my company because you don't feel that amount is sufficient for you is totally unfair and very disrespectful.

6 cpl was okay pay for 1975. In 2012, it's an insult. - I would turn it down.

[ In Reply To ..]

After taxes it is less than 5 cpl! nm - Not me.

[ In Reply To ..]

"... the docs are not willing to pay..." - allie

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure the doctors would mind a pay cut back to 1975. They get paid for their knowledge and expertise. Why shouldn't the transcriptionist?

6-cent contractor - check list

[ In Reply To ..]
That's crap. It just is. Because if you are paying a contractor 6, you better not be charging a physician 1/4-cent more than 8. And if your physicians aren't willing to pay 8, then you're a fool for accepting that.

I would like to ask -- do you treat your contractors AS contractors? Because, personally? I'd like to apply, get hired, and then be able to report you for being willing to pay 6 cpl and then not treating me like a contractor. (Aside: I am a contractor but I make sure I work for people who get what that means.)

Putting a sob story on here about it's all you can pay, just doesn't fly. It means you're helping the situation by thinking so little of our worth.

6-cent contractor - VTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree, it is crap! I think you're a company taking advantage of the contractors and the contractors should dump you!

LOL!! As you see, I am not the only one that was - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
extremely insulted by that rate of pay. That is ridiculous!

EXTREME INSULT! - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I live in an extremely depressed small town in the South and I would NEVER accept an IC job at that line rate, and I know for a fact that the doctors in this area pay small MTSOs in the range of 0.09-0.0125/line. In addition, said MTSOs pay their MTs what they are worth. Why would anyone work for less than minimum wage? Maybe you will get applicants with a HS diploma equaling an 8th grade education. You get what you pay for.

Tonya - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I honestly do not see where you are getting "but to bad mouth me or my company because you don't feel that amount is sufficient for you is totally unfair and very disrespectful" out of any of these responses. IMHO, the pay you are offering is offensive to any MT with even 4-5 years of experience, and we have a right to complain about what has happened to us.

Now in my case, I've been in this profession for over 26 years and as soon as I read your job post, my stomach dropped yet again (as MTSOs and their line rates continue to disappointment me to no end). I get that it's tough out there for all of us, but what I do NOT get is how the pay is the same across the board, regardless of years in the business, difficulty of dictators/account, etc., and the list goes on.

I guess I'm beating a dead horse here, but I just can't imagine how much lower we all can go. I can't tell you how much I used to LOVE being an MT, now it's (almost) embarrassing to respond to someone when they ask what I do for a living. How about you? How do YOU feel about posting these pathetic line rates for MTs?

Sorry, this got a little long. I've had a rough few weeks and I guess you hit a nerve. Off my soap box for now....

I was quite curious about that myself. I had to wonder - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
how she got I was badmouthing the company. I was ridiculing the rate. She should be ashamed to offer something that low. I also wonder how she felt about posting that ridiculous rate. Even for a newbie, that would be a no go for me!

Hmm makes me wonder why she has yet to answer - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
these questions. I really do not believe the docs will not pay more. That is just a load!

never got my last check. - JMH experience.

[ In Reply To ..]
but then, didn't miss the 34.00 for two weeks' pay.

PAY & OTHER ISSUES - Tonya

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all I do not pay via check and secondly...I have NEVER not paid anyone for work completed. And again, I apologize for the low rate, but I have clients who think 9 c is high around here and once I pay my IC, Emdat (2 c per line) I make 1 c...Sorry everyone thinks I'm just so horrible, but I can't change the facts. Could we all just please drop this.
Pay and other issues, clients...right there with you - me2
[ In Reply To ..]
Amen... I am lucky to get that too or above, and after dictation system costs, land line phones for sound quality, and all other account setup/advertising, overhead, backup equipment/software, and paying transcriptionists more than what I am paid, I lose money unless they are off QA (which they never are), so I am editing 100% to voice on my dime for free. For those transcriptionists complaining about 8 cpl, please go to the physicians' offices and try land accounts. Then factor in costs.. Heaven help you if the account is just large enough that you need to hire help...By reading some of these posts, they seem to think we are getting twice that and rolling in dough.
Wow! another victimized MTSO, blah, blah, blah - tmt
[ In Reply To ..]
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

MTSOs are the reason the MT industry is in the shape it's in. There might've been a need for the MTSO at one point, but since more and more have started festering up, competition has become an issue, and so to stay competitive, MTSOs started promising cheaper and cheaper rates, except -- and here's the kicker -- instead of taking the $$ out of their own wallets, they took it from the MTs, thus setting the current standard abysmal rates we all have to bear now.

If you're an MTSO, small or large, and still in business, you're your own victim. 6 cpl IC is very low, and if that's what you have to pay to be competitive, you've just proven my point.

Pay and other issues... - VTMT
[ In Reply To ..]
You're rolling in plenty of dough or you wouldn't be doing this work. As for the underpaid MTs, they have a choice to work for less than minimum wage or not. No one is forcing them to work there or to work as a contractor. I agree this company is taking advantage, but they will continue to do so, so long as they have IC willing to work for that.
LIne rate in a small town in a depressed area. - adkmt
[ In Reply To ..]
Funny how I just landed a job working for a small hospital in the middle of nowhere near the Mexican border in Texas for 16 cents a line. I can't imagine how they can afford to pay so much more than a doctor or hospital in West Virginia. And no middle man, so I get the whole shebang.
Wow!! - JCM
[ In Reply To ..]
Impressive line rate! Lucky you! I'd like a piece of that.
WHATEVER - UKW
[ In Reply To ..]
That is such bullcrap. I have worked for doctor's offices, hospitals, and MTSOs. I worked for an MTSO right here in West Virginia who paid us really well and she still made a profit, so that is bullcrap. That just shows who is the better business person. I worked for Mitchem Consulting and 6 cpl for any work is bullcrap. If you don't want to pay the transcriptionists, then do the work yourself. I mean do you really expect us to believe that you can run a business on 1 cpl? REALLY!!!! We are way more intelligent than you give us credit for. For those who are actually thinking about working for Mitchem Consulting or any company who wants ICs to work for 6 cpl, think again, turn around and find something else. In addition, I was given no notice on my contract for bogus reasons. I was told one thing on termination and then another when I had to literally beg for my paycheck, which took me exactly one month to receive it from the day of termination. She has a very nasty attitude, and she is very unprofessional, not actually calling you and talking to you about any problems, much less answering a phone call that she receives from her ICs. I don't want to work for someone who does not want to make sure her transcriptionists are taking care of the account. I personally would appreciate that. It just shows poor management in my opinion. She does not want you asking any questions, especially requesting more work. So, if she wakes up and decides that you are done, then you are just SOL and out of work. Just don't do it.....it is not worth it. I will be much more careful from this point forward. AND HEAVEN FORBID YOU SHOULD GET SICK....She just looks for any reason she can to get rid of you....SO TRANSCRIPTIONIST BEWARE.
oh, excuse me, my last "DIRECT DEPOSIT" never happened - and you know it. end of discussion.
[ In Reply To ..]
I feel for you!! I had that happen to me with Scanmed - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
She needs to be reported to the BBB!

Wow!! Glad they posted that lousy rate now - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
will definitely avoid them for sure!! Not like that lousy pay would not have turned me away anyway:)
6 cents per line - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Nice try blaming the MTSO for the reason for prices going down. You can thank the ease of offshoring, voice recognition systems, and EPIC. Now, 6 cents per line may not be a lot, but IT CAN provide a better amount per hour than a higher line rate depending on the dictators. Now most of you are making 8, 9, and 10 cents per line and complain how you barely scrape by with minimum wage. Now what if you took 6 cents per line, had templated material, easy dictators, and tons of work? You are knocking a job before you even try it and it's something that could be beneficial to you. All you MTs have knocked the part-time jobs, which I've taken, you've knocked the p.r.n. jobs, which I've taken, and guess what? All of them have turned out to be more work than I can even handle. I make $20 to $40 an hour on those jobs you all knocked and didn't want. So as you sit here bashing this line rate and this company, someone is applying for it and someone is going to get it and that someone will probably make more per hour than you all high and mighty MTs make at your 8, 9, or 10 cents per line jobs. So go ahead and keep bashing and while you do, there are many of us who are doing way better than you!!
Spoken like a true MTSO - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
c
I'm not an MTSO - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not nor will I ever be an MTSO. I don't want the headache. However, I have been in this business for 11 years. I get a response to almost every ad I apply for and out of hundreds of applicants, I usually get hired. I'm just offering advice that I follow and apparently I succeed. I just don't understand why so many of you are so quick to shoot down jobs without trying them first. What does it hurt to try it? If it's not for you, then quit. However, you don't know what something entails until you actually experience it and 6 cents per line may very well be a huge amount of money per hour. However, all of you can keep believing that MT is going down the crapshoot because you are all too darn picky to what you will and won't accept without trying it, and all the while, the rest of us who are willing to accept change and take a chance are succeeding.
Applied - JCM
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I applied to this position which was originally posted on January 11 but heard nothing from them. All of a sudden, I see it posted again and have to wonder. I heard nothing from them and would have done a great job. And...it would really have been a big help to me and my family to have that extra money coming in. I just wish companies would communicate with qualified applicants before posting a job a second time.
I would have applied, but the ad states not to, - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
if do not have Emdat/Inscribe experience. I'm not sure why the recruiter would want to pass up some transcriptionists who could easily learn the platform and bring years, and years (over 19 for me) of experience to the table.
6 cpl huh? WITH Emdat/Inscribe experience. - Really?
[ In Reply To ..]
And I suppose you also want someone with 5-10 years experience, 100% accuracy, and work extra when needed. Really.....?
I agree with the poster who said she will get - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
what she pays for. I hope she does. Maybe that will teach her to offer a halfway decent rate at least.

Never got my last check either - dkb

[ In Reply To ..]
Was told I needed to submit a formal invoice which I did and still was never paid. But I agree - the money isn't all that - my last check would have been a whopping $26.00. The owner is very unprofessional and extremely rude - STAY AWAY!!

Similar Messages:

Mitchem Consulting?
Jun 21, 2012

Can you please tell me the pros and cons of this company? TIA ...

Mitchem Consulting
Oct 17, 2014

I would discourage anyone from considering working for this woman.  She is a nightmare, nasty and has no respect or regard for MTs.  One of the nastiest people I have ever encountered.  I have since learned from others that they were treated in a similar fashion. What goes around, comes around! ...

Anyone Know Anything About Mitchem Consulting?
Jan 16, 2015

good, bad, pay? Attempted to do archive search but not working for me. TIA :) ...

Any Info On Mitchem Consulting?
Nov 18, 2011

Looking to get back into rad work. Anyone have any info on Mitchem Consulting? I tried the archives but didn't find anything except that they paid by check back in 2006. TIA  ...

Mitchem Consulting - Must Work At Least 12H/D On Both Sat And Sun
Dec 03, 2013

This profession is getting worse and worse..... ...

Mitchem Consulting Network...need Info
Apr 19, 2011

TIA ...

Why Are They Job Posting Stating Up To 12 Cpl
Apr 18, 2015

I just saw a job ad for Nuance stating "You can earn up to .12788 cents per line."   Really?!  Not on the Bayscribe/Integra platforms!!!!   They knocked us down to .105 as the MOST we can make.  Is this part of their making it fair across the platforms BS?  I'm pissed.  When they switch us to a Nuance platform, will our pay go up to that?!  Grr ...

Mitchem Consult (MCN)
Jan 05, 2011

I have been looking for work as a newbie MT and was contacted by Tonya with Mitchem Consult (MCN).  Has anybody ever heard of them?  If so, would you recommend them as a first job?  I know it will take me time to build up my speed, but I want to work.  I find a web site for them, but wanted to know if anybody has ever worked for them or even heard of them! C J ...

DO NOT WORK FOR TONYA MITCHEM
Jun 29, 2012

I can't believe what just happened to me.  I answered the ad for RAD STAT.  Tonya hired me.  I started working at 8 p.m. Friday night.  I jumped right in without any EMDAT/inscribe training.  I worked for three hours straight doing 40 reports without any training.  The last 10 reports were difficult as I didn't have ALL the samples.  She also said she would jump in and help me.  I texted her and told her there was 8 minutes left on the system.&nb ...

Doctor Is Stating
May 23, 2011

"dermaclens" or "dermaclenz" ????  I can find a Derma-Clens when I google but it is used by vets.  Any suggestions?  TIA.  ...

Got An E-mail Stating I Could Test Up To MME
Mar 21, 2013

I believe it is just another way to cut my pay further. ...

Oh Goodie, I Got An Email Stating I Have A Mentor For ASR.
Apr 11, 2012

ie, the shadow mentoring. They say their methods have been effective in increasing ASR production. We will see... The one good thing is they will get to see exactly how much I have to correct their ASR! It might be more educational for them than me. :) I use all the short cuts provided, but I do listen to every single word. ...

Article Stating To Keep Medical Transcription In
Dec 29, 2012

http://www.ahdpg.com/blog/a-call-out-to-u-s-hospitals-to-help-put-americans-back-to-work/ ...

Stating Solid Shifts For IC Boldly In The Ad. Seriously?
May 25, 2013

Saw 2 ads posted here alone this week, perhaps there were more. Is it me or is this blantant disregard for IRS rules for IC. These ads state specific shifts and state for IC. Aren't these chancy moves on the part of the MTSO to actually put it in print publicly? Can't they get in trouble just for that? I am wondering if things have changed in rules for IC by the IRS or if I am losing my mind. Just touching base here for a reality check.  PS: I am not saying it isn't a 24/7 b ...

To QA: I Got A Comment Back Stating To Place The QA Marker
Jan 04, 2010

I always thought I had been doing that, but I got this message more than once, so I'd like to see if any QA here can clarify this.  CCM has no idea what she means ????  I always understood to place the QA marker right where I hear the blank and that is what I thought I was doing.  Any suggestions or comments as to what could be happening?  I don't want to make the QA's job any more difficult than it already is.....  TIA..... ...

Mumbling ER Doctor. Stating Allergy To S/L Sarandian. Sm
Apr 09, 2010

I'm not finding anything resembling this, even after listening multiple times, slowing down, speeding up. Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

New E-mail Today From Payroll Stating New PTO Rate
Jul 23, 2010

Did anybody get an e-mail like this today?  Just about 4 PM when I was starting my shift, I got a letter from payroll saying I would now be getting $7.50 an hour when I take PTO, when before I was told by payroll, it would be $9.50 an hour. This is the rate you have when you take a module or are in an MT conference. Anyways, ever since I started with Spheris, I got $9.50 an hour and have continued at this pay even after Medquist took over.  They said it is based on production since De ...

Got E Mail From My CCM Stating That Someone Called Trying To Get Access To MT's Computer
Jan 25, 2013

Very strange. Why would anyone want access to our work computer and how would they get our phone number and know we work for Mmodal.  Every day it gets stranger and stranger ...

Is It Legal To Ask A Person To Sign An Agreement Stating They Sm
Apr 04, 2013

will not comment about a company, including their payroll practices, here or on any social media? I know why the stipulation is there, since the company has not paid on time EVER and they were trashed here because of it, but if someone comes on the board and asks about the company, I would feel it within my rights to warn that person that if you need a reliable pay day, this is not the place. I have until Saturday to decide if I sign this document. I'm thinking about walking away anyway. ...

In The Mail Today I Got A Letter Stating I Was Eligible For A Pell Grant.
Apr 21, 2010

I had to look up what it was because I had never heard of it.  Turns out they are given to poor folks.   I don't know what made them send it to me but it does have my name on it so I know it is for me.   They must know I work at Transcend.  It is only good for vocational training, cannot be for more than one year and must focus on skills necessary for securing entry level employment.  I don't know what direction to go in from here.  I ...

I Woke Up This Morning To An Email Stating I Lost My Job Due To Lack Of Work
Jan 24, 2012

Don't know what to think, she said due to the mandatory EMR they have lost many of their accounts with no notice so they have to go to a skeleton crew and I'm out.  Don't even know if I will get the last three paychecks she owes me either.  Does anybody know of any companies that are hiring? ...

Anybody Know Anything About K & R Consulting?
Apr 05, 2010

I've tried searching the site and am not coming up with anything so far. Anybody have any info (pay, platform, work available, etc.)? Thanks. ...

K & R Consulting?
Apr 27, 2010

I just want some general information on this company (i.e. they pay 9 cpl but it is a VBC 65-character line)?   TIA! ...

K&R Consulting, Inc
May 21, 2010

Can anyone give me heads up for this company.  Sounds like VA work. They say hiring IC and employee but offer no benefits and the positions are IC or statuatory. Thanks ...

K&T Consulting
Jul 23, 2010

I know this company has been discussed previously on the board, but can anyone tell me what platform they use?  Do they really let you regulate your own hours and is the pay on time?   Thanks so much for information! ...

K&R Or KNR Consulting
Oct 25, 2010

Anyone have any current info on K&R or KNR Consulting?  Seems they use both names?  Says they have VA rad work as an IC?  I have gotten all hire paperwork and just feel it might be worth it to ask you guys for feedback.  Saw one comment that says you can barely make 30 dollars in 8 hours?  Don't have time to mess with yet another company that pays crap and lies.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated. ...

KNR CONSULTING
Jul 30, 2012

Was wondering about this company in regards to their pay system. I see they do not pay for VBCs and require a 1250/day line count how does this calculate out money wise? Thanks for any information provided. ...

K&R Consulting Don't Pay For Spaces?
May 02, 2010

Does anyone know anything about K&R, other than they don't pay for spaces?  Do they pay more per line to compensate?  I was thinking about picking up some extra work and have done VA work in the past, so was just wondering.  Thanks. MJ ...

Any Info On K&R Consulting
Jul 29, 2010

Any pos or neg?  I know they don't pay for spaces but they're willing to pay me 1 more cent than I'm currently making...wondering if it would kind of even out.  But, I don't want to work all day for low line count.  I know I won't have benefits, but I'm willing to live without them for a bit.  I do like the idea of making my own schedule. ...

K&R Consulting Good Or Bad?
Nov 24, 2011

Does anyone have information on this company, good or bad? Thanks. ...