A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Job board posting . . . - SoCal MT

Posted: May 16, 2010

On-call radiology work for weekends only . . . at 6 cpl!!!!!  Wow. 

I hope no one is willing to take something like this.

Now, did you not see their previous ad on the job board - simple request

[ In Reply To ..]
They politely asked that you not make fun of them for posting 6 cpl as they pay rate. They state, "Pay is low, I'll be honest, at 6c/65. Please send reply immediately if interested. Please no comments on the amount of pay. I understand it is low, but it is all I can pay. If your not interested that is fine, but making the derogatory comments does not help anyone or change the facts; pay is lower both for typist AND for those of use who obtain the accounts." I'm not sure I'd agree they are honest but I do think they posted on the wrong board, maybe meant to go to the Indian MT board where living is probably cheaper in their country. Apparently, they have not priced the cost of living around here.

Maybe statements are all assumptions. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe they will post a higher paying job one day if we do not make fun of their ads and maybe on of you two posters may be interested in that but they may not ever post here since they are still getting the comments. If you do not want the job, then bypass it, but maybe one of us does and a lot of us do want these companies to post here whether we like their salary or equipment specs, etc. or not. Thank you!

You are right. One size does not necessarily fit all. - Simple request

[ In Reply To ..]
I personally get offended by what they are offering because we all know better how much these MTSOs are getting paid per line on these accounts. Yes, they do lower it sometimes to stay competitive but come on. How about paying the people who do the work a liveable wage. I have tried surviving on 6 cpl and we just about starved and the worst was having to work 15-hour days just to break even. I am just tired of having to work harder and make less. When these companies tell you they are not getting paid much, they lie. PERIOD. If this works for you and you can pound out those lines and make it, then apply. I just think they are taking advantage of people who are living in desperate times. That's my beef.

Oh, my! So you believe they may be - SoCal MT

[ In Reply To ..]
just "testing," and if they receive no negative comments they will pay more?

Sorry, but I find that ridiculous.

Unfortunately, some MTs, expecially newbies, may be so in need of work that they will TAKE the 6 cpl. That ultimately hurts us all by driving line rates down across the board.

The fact that a company offers a low rate and then requests no one comment indicates right there that they KNOW what they pay is dismal. Apparently they don't need that pointed out to them, but newer MTs certainly may need a heads-up on it.

My comment: Paying 6 cpl is derogatory to the entire - profession, and also does not help anyone.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Posting Your Resume On This Board
Feb 18, 2010

I was wondering if anyone on this board has posted a resume on this board and their employer saw it.  I want to post my resume, but I do not want to feel the rath of my employer if they found out or saw it listed on this board.  I need my job right now,but I also need to feed my family, and no longer wish to be the MT who is understanding and sitting at the computer all day. So, I guess what I am asking is can I post my resume and leave my name off it somehow? Has anyone posted their ...

Has Anyone Gotten A Job After Posting On Job Wanted Board?
Oct 24, 2010

I am thinking about posting there, but wondered if anyone had any luck finding a decent job that way. ...

Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Job From Posting On The Job Wanted Board?? Thanks.nm
Nov 02, 2011

nm ...

AMTS Job Posting - Other Board
Apr 03, 2014

Has anyone actually gotten a call back or an E-mail from this company other than "your resume has been received and we will contact you in 30 days if we are interested."  It seems as soon as you hit the "send" button, that message is sent.  I wonder if they are "phishing" and not really looking to hire anyone. ...

Posting The Board Member's Address
Jun 22, 2010

This has been posted off and on for several days, and then the posts are taken down by the moderator.  There is one still up from yesterday.   It's interesting how angry some people are getting at these posts.  How can someone not understand that it is not okay to rip workers off, to not give workers a living wage, or to give them less pay than they made 14 years ago?   I guess some people think it's okay that someone makes 20 times what the workers are m ...

Has Anyone Gotten A Good Job By Posting On The Job Wanted Board? Nm
Mar 02, 2012

NM ...

How Many MTSOs Have Reps Posting On This Board?
May 26, 2012

Yes - I was born at night, but not LAST night. ...

MTSOs That Offshore Posting On Job Board? Why!
Sep 20, 2012

I thought that MTStars.com touted itself as the kind of site that would not aid companies who offshore work - yet they allow Assistmed to post on their job board for management positions?  I know first hand that Assistmed offshores to India.  Disappointed to see this taking hold on here. ...

Has Anyone Been Hired From Posting On The Job Wanted Board? NM
Mar 30, 2013

. ...

BABBLETYPE Is Posting Again On The Jobs Board..sm
Oct 21, 2013

I am hopping on this in order to warn newer MTs DO NOT FALL FOR THIS, it is a SCAM!  Don't get burned by this company---they are about as honest as a 3 dollar bill.  Please search archives for info...there are a lot of scams out there now, just another joy of being an MT these days. ...

Anybody Ever Got A Response From Posting On The Resume Bank Board?
Dec 19, 2014

d ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

Prn Hem/onc Job Posting
May 08, 2010

Did anyone apply and then hear about the prn job with Audrey's Transcription Service?  Thanks.  ...

Job Posting
May 25, 2010

How can they ask you to work stated hours if you are an IC?  I see this all the time.  They want an employee, full time, but an IC.  Don't understand all that. ...

Just Saw A Posting For GT For $70 An A/h - Now That
Jul 10, 2012

these jobs are out there and this is along the norm.  Don't - DO NOT - buy into the $30 or $45 an a/h baloney.  They are ripping you off.  Yes, I'm back on my soap box LOL. ...

Why Is TT Out Of H. Always Posting Sm
Dec 21, 2013

the same job ad(s) OVER and OVER again? ...

REV.COM Job Posting....
Mar 19, 2014

According to the job posting this company is based in San Francisco.  The stated pay rate averages $241.00 per month.  If I were this company, I would embarrassed to advertise the pathetic pay they give their MTs in one of the most expensive cities in the country.  If it weren't so tragic that there are desperate people out there looking for a job, it would be laughable.  ...

Funny Job Posting...
Feb 19, 2010

This on the job board today: "XXXX is looking for an experienced QA person to start immmediatly. We are also looking for MT's that have expereince in cardiology (esl), er and discharge summary experience." Yes, I think that QA person does need to start "immediatly". ...

Test Posting
Apr 05, 2010

I wrote a long post and it would not go through, despite the fact that I posted one earlier today.  This is just a test. ...

Radiology IC Job Posting
Oct 27, 2010

I noticed that posting and sent an email.  Pretty sure they posted something similar before because my email had saved their address in it.  Never heard back though.  Does anyone remember this besides me?  Did anyone get hired?  Or a call?  Or an interview?  $2.50 a report, for anyone who has never been paid per report, is excellent!  ...

Posting Pet Peeve
Nov 05, 2010

I have a POSTER pet peeve.  When a comment or question is posted about a specific company, why is the original poster likely to never elaborate?  Why are they wasting everyone’s time? What is up with these hit-and-run posts?   Someone makes an outrageous comment or asks a question implying something negative.  Then when you answer and either ask for more information or ask the original poster a question, the original poster is long gone – never to be heard ...

Re Psychiatric MT Job Posting
Feb 23, 2011

Can somebody explain to me how to access this site to take their test?Ftps://ftp.psychtrans.net. ...

TT And The Posting Of An IC Getting Work From TT.
Jun 06, 2011

Concerned about the posting from the Midwestern MT who said she had work to be done from TransTech and here we all are sitting and checking and no work.  Wondering now about this new SWAT team thing.  From what I was told that the 'beast of the business' is they worry about TAT because they have to take a cut in their portion of the line count wages, so they'd rather meet the TAT?  And yes, we are all cross trained pretty much anyway, but they want lightening speed. ...

TT Posting For Radiology
Sep 08, 2011

What is up with this?  They have plenty of inside people to ASK if they want this work?? I don't get it.  How about the old saying from companies that they "hire within first" because they treat the employees with respect since they have been there and are 'loyal.'  So, many scraping for work and being exhausted by the demands of having to produce for pennies.  Where is this job going?  Where is the labor board?  We only have this board.  ...

Posting Resumes
Nov 11, 2011

Has anyone ever received any response to your resume posted online.  Not sure if I should do this or no so just wondering.  Thanks ...

Wow, Became Really Excited With The Posting Of A New Job (sm)
Dec 17, 2011

Became even more excited when I read that it was owned by a former transcriptionist and then it hit, pay will start at 7-8 CPL, depending upon experience and oh, hey, all of our transcriptionists are ICs.  What the heck????  Oh well, hopefully one of the 50 companies that I have applied with this week will contact me.  Still beating that worn out path .... Good luck to anyone else that is looking! ...

Posting Swapboard
Apr 27, 2012

I am new to MModal. I need to post 5 hours on one of my Sundays to work to see if anyone will cover those. My CCM said I needed to post on swapboard. I can get to swapboard but I don't see anything on there to click for posting. I have went through my paperwork and can't find anything other than what swapboard is for, not posting on it. Thanks in advance for your help! ...

A Job Posting By Nuance
Aug 19, 2012

A BETTER CAREER IS WAITING FOR YOU! Nuance is seeking quality-minded Medical Transcriptionists and Quality Editors with a passion for excellence who seek to join a winning team.  Nuance Transcription Services, the fastest-growing provider of services to Health Information Management organizations, strives to be the best employer in the industry by offering highly competitive pay and benefits.  Our rapid expansion offers unique and unrivalled career growth opportunities to our team memb ...