A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Miss the old days when there were bonuses! - 7thchild

Posted: Nov 27, 2013

Miss the old days when there were bonuses! 16 years ago old boss who had her own Transcription company hired someone to delivery Christmas tray with Santa in middle,surrounded by Christmas candy, with a bonus check for $50 on the tray. Those days are LOOOONNNNNNG GONE. Let's put our Pollyanna glasses on for a minute and pretend our 37 million dollar CEO is going to give up one of his millions and divide it amongst us. Miracles happen, right?

Good one! :) - Khaled

[ In Reply To ..]
I once worked as an IC for a doctor who would send me a $75 bonus every Christmas. Yes, I miss those days.

how about dinner out at an expensive restaurant with whole staff - bonus check? nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

The Good Old MT Days ... What I Miss Most
May 30, 2012

Quality, Turnaround, and Price ... pick two!!! ...

Miss The Good Old Days Of Medical Transcription
Mar 27, 2014

I miss the lively atmosphere of a transcription room filled with other transcriptionists, with doctors strolling in and out, joking, grabbing from the tray of homemade goodies someone had brought in to share.  I miss the laughing and sharing of stories or the mutual griping about the doctors' dictations.  I miss the holiday pot luck dinners and decorations and bonuses.  I miss the formal dictating style that doctors used to go by.  I miss having a job that was in demand ...

Miss QTL
Jan 21, 2010

I think that is what they were called.  The person who assisted our sup.  Anyway, I really like my sup.  But I never hear back from her when I email, I make edits in Teamwork and it still hasn't been done.  I requested time off in Feb and it is still in request status.  I have no hours listed for when I am supposed to work. I miss having someone who sends out a backlog and responds to my emails within a day, sooner most of the time. I feel like I am swinging out o ...

I Miss MT!
Feb 15, 2014

I work full-time in a clerical position.  I don't really enjoy it but I make a decent living.  I thought I would love typing for a living so I took the MT training from one of the best schools (expensive and labor intensive, as you all know), and got a p/t weekend job working for a MTSO.  I quickly became jaded for the many reasons already discussed on this forum.  I wasn't even making a babysitter's wage.  I knew there was no way I could afford to quit my ...

Don't Miss Dep
Aug 22, 2014

I've never understood what dep was.  I started with this company 3 years ago (then Medquest), and was told to put dep after my ID number to access something which I never understood.  It always rejected my login under dep, and I was embarrassed at that time to contact Support, so I just never used it, whatever its purpose was.   So, now that we apparently can't access it, I don't miss it. ...

Do Any At Home MTs Miss This...
Feb 09, 2010

I totally miss getting a huge snowstorm (like today in my area, 10 to 14 inches) and being able to call in to work to say "I can't make it in today... the roads are horrible" I am trying hard to concentrate on work today, but all I want to do is call in to work, go outside and build a huge snowman, then shovel a little, and come in and make a huge mug of hot chocolate and watch it snow.   LET IT SNOW!!!! ...

Take A Guess At This ASR Miss
Jan 05, 2012

ASR says: He was seen in "twelfth" 2011.   Anyone care to guess what "twelfth" means? ...

I Miss Encompass
Sep 17, 2012

No other company currently compares.  Where did you all end up?  Did you stick with Nuance or find greener pastures? ...

Did I Miss An Email
Jan 12, 2013

are they paying us extra to clean up this mess? ...

How's Softscript Doing? I Miss Them So Much.
Jan 06, 2014

nm ...

Does Anyone Else Really Miss The Search Option
Oct 19, 2009

in this website?  Sometimes I was able to search for something and find an answer in old threads and not have to post the question and wait.  ...

Did I Miss Something About 401K Match
Mar 13, 2012

Did we get an email about them matching now? I didn't get one and I've seen some posts on here about it.  If so, can someone tell me the date they got the email?  Thanks ...

I Guess Miss Princess
Jul 02, 2013

She is General Counsel, SR VP & Secretary.  ...

Where Are Those 300 $10.00 Bonuses?
Nov 15, 2012

I was hoping one would get picked this month so I could buy a turkey.  Oh well, On-Cor will have to do again this year.  I guess I have to wait tlll December to see if I get a christmas ham.   ...

Anyone Know If TSM Get Bonuses
Sep 29, 2014

Just curious ...

TSM And Bonuses
Dec 15, 2014

Seen references to TSMs getting bonuses for keeping in TAT.  Anyone know if this is true?  Seems like if they got us (and are still turning the screws), they are going to do something (probably sucky) to QA and QC, then perhaps the TSMs should be next.  We know they aren't going to take anything away from upper management. ...

I Really Miss Straight Transcribing - Hate VR
Jan 28, 2011

I have my first job ever with VR and absolutely hate it; I hardly make any money at it; get tired of constantly changing he to she, adding commas where the machine left them out; I feel like my talent of being a fast typist is being wasted.  I might type 2-3 reports a night and of course they are always the shortest reports of the night! I am so glad I was in transcription at its heyday but those days are long gone as is my love and enthusiasm for this career that I have dedicated 38 years ...

Pt With S/l Miss Awe Kaw Stage IIA Thymic Carcinoma.
Dec 06, 2011

? ...

I Miss My DSG Walmart Gift Card ... And DSG!!
Dec 17, 2012

Merry Christmas to all!  :) ...

Production Bonuses
Jan 26, 2012

I just received my first *denial* of production bonus in over 20+ years with 98.75% QA score. Every time I look at the payroll data and see...... BONUS:  NO.   I do a slow burn.  I'd like to know who made that judgment call that is going to affect my income for the next 3 months. I'd like to see my mistakes, and if they are legit medical mistakes then I will accept my *penalty*.  I do not want to think my QA score hinges on whether or not someone is having a ...

How Come We Do Not Get Bonuses Or Incentives.
Jan 04, 2013

We used to get shift differentials and extra if you work weekends.  Also used to get more if you type a certain amount, but with no jobs what does it matter.   ...

Corporate Bonuses
Jan 16, 2013

retention bonuses in the following amounts for the following named executive officers of the Company: $1,000,000 for Roger L. Davenport, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer; $851,250 for Ronald L. Scarboro, Chief Financial Officer; and $243,750 for Michael Finke, President. 50% of each individual’s award will be paid out on the date of the closing (the “Closing Date”) of the merger Read more: http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/120718/MModal-Inc_8-K/#ixzz2I973Zq9Q This was determ ...

New QA Incentive To Take Away MT Bonuses?
Jul 27, 2013

This is from Nuance's ad for QA/QC: "Are you tired of reviewing documents with multiple blanks and multiple errors and being reimbursed the same as you are for reviewing documents with a couple blanks? How would you like to increase your earning potential just for doing what you do best? ...looking for high producing, high quality Quality Control Editors who have the ability and drive to add significant value to reviewed documents. We are now offering an aggressive reimbursement incentive f ...

Question About Bonuses
Apr 03, 2014

I am still in my 90-day period and I am wondering if any seasoned employees can tell me how much extra money the bonuses for weekly production and attendance can add to my check after I am eligable? A rough estiamte or if anyone knows the breakdown I would really apperciate it. I also know a lot of you hate Nuance here and I don't want to hear from aynone saying negative things, I just want facts please. TYIA ...

Bonuses For July?
Jul 08, 2014

Does anyone know when the bonus checks go out for the 99.5% April-June period?  I never had one before so never paid attention lol ...

Sign On Bonuses
May 12, 2015

Hi Everyone! Just wondering if the sign on bonuses are real? It all seems kinda fishy to me. I have been an editor for 3 years now and was thinking about trying to expand my career and move to full transcription. I have been looking for different companies and jobs etc. I currently make .05 per line and it just doesn't seem to be enough. When it comes to the reports, I feel like i am pretty much typing the whole thing over again, so figured I could handle the full duty of the job. I a ...

Former Transcend MTs--don't Miss The Exec Salaries Posts Below
Oct 03, 2012

Doesn't this just make you sick--Sue Mc stays at Nuance for $295,000 per year plus bonuses, stock, and perks.  Larry G gets a severance package after end of year for $347,000 to include perks and 18 months of COBRA.  And we're making less than ever!!!!!   ...

Did I Totally Miss It, Or Does The Tiny Print Ad By Nicole Webb Nm
Sep 21, 2012

Xmas Bonuses / Gifts
Dec 14, 2009

Personally not expecting anything, just curious if anyone else was lucky.  Last year we got a cookbook compiled by various people in the company that we got to print off ourselves.  Don't think they can top that.  However, on the upside this company keeps me in work and pays well.  I can't complain, or at least I shouldn't.  Let's hear it from anyone who did get or will be getting a little momento in the spirit of gift giving. ...

In-house Christmas Bonuses
Dec 08, 2010

I may have to reconsider working in-house as a medical secretary.  My friend is a PA at a local doctor's office.  They all got their Christmas bonuses last week.  All employees no matter how high up on the chain got between $2,000 and $10,000 bonuses.  Can you believe it??  ...