A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I miss Encompass - good ol days

Posted: Sep 17, 2012

No other company currently compares.  Where did you all end up?  Did you stick with Nuance or find greener pastures?

I miss Encompass too! - NuanceMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Those sure were the good ol days! So many days I wish they had never sold out. I'm still working for Nuance and on old Encompass accounts but its not the same at all.

I miss YOG, but the days of good pay, good benefits, no VR, etc. sm - Seem to be over.

[ In Reply To ..]
ssss

Wow, flash from the past, YOG - beentheredonethat

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked in the office in Monrovia in 1984-1985. We all had our own coffee mugs with our names on it. The different rooms with our basket of cassettes for the day. The owner was a bit wacky tho...

I was a genie! - downtime

[ In Reply To ..]
and I worked for the Monrovia office! What a great place that was.

YOG - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh my gosh, YOG was the first place I worked from home after leaving a now closed hospital. Great benefits, incentives, then cam MQ, M-Modal or whatever you want to call it and the S hit the fan.

A blast from the past - Kitty

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, Encompass was a good company, but eventually sold out to Nuance (I think it was Nuance). You got it, those days are definitely over.

I miss DRC. - and a living wage.

[ In Reply To ..]

I miss Transcriptions Ltd. - boo hoo

[ In Reply To ..]
waaaahhhh

I miss Rodeer Atlanta / In-House! nm - Babbs

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

I miss Webmedx. no message - Lexie

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I miss the sound of waves on the beach - Tin Ear

[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously, I can still remember the very first hospital account I was on about 6 years ago with Spheris located at Myrtle Beach. Ah, the macros, the good dictators, the better pay. Pinch me, I'm dreaming.

I miss Encompass too!! - justmeDLC

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance is horrid! I made it until last week and then I was fired! I miss Encompass more than I can say!!!!

Similar Messages:

Miss QTL
Jan 21, 2010

I think that is what they were called.  The person who assisted our sup.  Anyway, I really like my sup.  But I never hear back from her when I email, I make edits in Teamwork and it still hasn't been done.  I requested time off in Feb and it is still in request status.  I have no hours listed for when I am supposed to work. I miss having someone who sends out a backlog and responds to my emails within a day, sooner most of the time. I feel like I am swinging out o ...

I Miss MT!
Feb 15, 2014

I work full-time in a clerical position.  I don't really enjoy it but I make a decent living.  I thought I would love typing for a living so I took the MT training from one of the best schools (expensive and labor intensive, as you all know), and got a p/t weekend job working for a MTSO.  I quickly became jaded for the many reasons already discussed on this forum.  I wasn't even making a babysitter's wage.  I knew there was no way I could afford to quit my ...

Don't Miss Dep
Aug 22, 2014

I've never understood what dep was.  I started with this company 3 years ago (then Medquest), and was told to put dep after my ID number to access something which I never understood.  It always rejected my login under dep, and I was embarrassed at that time to contact Support, so I just never used it, whatever its purpose was.   So, now that we apparently can't access it, I don't miss it. ...

Do Any At Home MTs Miss This...
Feb 09, 2010

I totally miss getting a huge snowstorm (like today in my area, 10 to 14 inches) and being able to call in to work to say "I can't make it in today... the roads are horrible" I am trying hard to concentrate on work today, but all I want to do is call in to work, go outside and build a huge snowman, then shovel a little, and come in and make a huge mug of hot chocolate and watch it snow.   LET IT SNOW!!!! ...

Take A Guess At This ASR Miss
Jan 05, 2012

ASR says: He was seen in "twelfth" 2011.   Anyone care to guess what "twelfth" means? ...

Did I Miss An Email
Jan 12, 2013

are they paying us extra to clean up this mess? ...

How's Softscript Doing? I Miss Them So Much.
Jan 06, 2014

nm ...

Does Anyone Else Really Miss The Search Option
Oct 19, 2009

in this website?  Sometimes I was able to search for something and find an answer in old threads and not have to post the question and wait.  ...

Did I Miss Something About 401K Match
Mar 13, 2012

Did we get an email about them matching now? I didn't get one and I've seen some posts on here about it.  If so, can someone tell me the date they got the email?  Thanks ...

The Good Old MT Days ... What I Miss Most
May 30, 2012

Quality, Turnaround, and Price ... pick two!!! ...

I Guess Miss Princess
Jul 02, 2013

She is General Counsel, SR VP & Secretary.  ...

Miss The Old Days When There Were Bonuses!
Nov 27, 2013

Miss the old days when there were bonuses! 16 years ago old boss who had her own Transcription company hired someone to delivery Christmas tray with Santa in middle,surrounded by Christmas candy, with a bonus check for $50 on the tray. Those days are LOOOONNNNNNG GONE. Let's put our Pollyanna glasses on for a minute and pretend our 37 million dollar CEO is going to give up one of his millions and divide it amongst us. Miracles happen, right? ...

Encompass?
Nov 01, 2009

Does anyone know anything about Encompass?  Thanks in advance.   Praying1 ...

Encompass HR
Jan 23, 2010

There were a few posts some time ago stating that Encompass had a terrible HR team that never got back to the applicants.  Has anyone had any luck getting hired on there recently? Don't want to waste my time applying :) Thanks! ...

Encompass...s L O W
Feb 19, 2010

I had a phone interview with Encompass almost 2 weeks ago.  I have emailed them a few times wondering if and when someone will be contacting me with no response.  Makes me wonder if I want employment with them if they cannot respond in a timely manner when they say they will contact someone.  Anyone with a similar experience? ...

Encompass CEO
Oct 18, 2012

Does anyone know what happened to the CEO of Encompass after it got sold to Nuance? I wonder if she is happy with her decision and what has become of her company and employees. ...

I Really Miss Straight Transcribing - Hate VR
Jan 28, 2011

I have my first job ever with VR and absolutely hate it; I hardly make any money at it; get tired of constantly changing he to she, adding commas where the machine left them out; I feel like my talent of being a fast typist is being wasted.  I might type 2-3 reports a night and of course they are always the shortest reports of the night! I am so glad I was in transcription at its heyday but those days are long gone as is my love and enthusiasm for this career that I have dedicated 38 years ...

Pt With S/l Miss Awe Kaw Stage IIA Thymic Carcinoma.
Dec 06, 2011

? ...

I Miss My DSG Walmart Gift Card ... And DSG!!
Dec 17, 2012

Merry Christmas to all!  :) ...

Encompass And WebMedX
Oct 30, 2009

I am looking at joining either the Encompass Medical Transcription team or the WebMedX team.  Can anyone give me an opinion on either company?  Specifically, what are the like to work for?  I need details.  Thanks so much,  LPMT ...

Encompass - Offshore?
Dec 14, 2009

Does Encompass offshore? ...

Encompass Questions
Dec 22, 2009

Will they let you start working with only 512 of RAM? Also, does it have to be Office 2003, or will 2007 work? Finally, do they really check and see if you have a lisensed copy of software and the CD? ...

Encompass Transcription
Dec 30, 2009

I am applying with Encompass, and I haven't seen any recent posts were someone was actually hired by them, and can only find old posts about them.  Are there any recent (or not so recent) employees who wouldn't mind sharing their experience with Encompass?  Enough work?  What type of insurance and is it any good?  Any information would be greatly appreciated. ...

Encompass Testng
Jan 30, 2010

I completed testing for Encompass and the web page said someone would be in contact  or results sent within 24-48 hours.  That was a week ago, have gotten no feedback.  Just wondering if anyone else has applied in the last week or 2, as they did have openings, and if they have gotten any feedback. ...

Encompass Good? Bad?
Feb 02, 2010

Anyone have any experience with Encompass?  You can reply by email if you'd like.  I'm thinking of testing for them. ...

Encompass Interview
Feb 26, 2010

Have an interview scheduled with Encompass this coming week.  Anyone have  information on what types of questions to expect, or what their process is like in general? Haven't had an interview in ages.  Any help is greatly appreciated! :) ...

Encompass--how Do You Get A Job With This Company!!!
Apr 16, 2010

I have applied for a job with Encompass and have not heard a response.  Is this an actual company?  I cannot seem to find anything about them good or bad.  Are there any MTs working for Encompass and what is your exprience. Should I call them or move on? ...

How Is Encompass As Employer???
May 31, 2010

Can anyone tell me anything about Encompass?  Website looks good, but then most do.  Any info welcome.  I want to bail but would not like to go from frying pan to the fire. ...

More Feedback On Encompass?
Jun 02, 2010

Any more feedback about Encompass?  I am considering it and would like to hear from anyone else who has been there more than 3 or 4 months.  ...

Encompass/Nuance
Dec 07, 2010

I may be interviewing with them and would like information from anyone who currently works for them in regard to workload, line rates and benefits.  Feel free to send a private message if you want, thanks. ...