A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question about bonuses - Thank you

Posted: Apr 03, 2014

I am still in my 90-day period and I am wondering if any seasoned employees can tell me how much extra money the bonuses for weekly production and attendance can add to my check after I am eligable? A rough estiamte or if anyone knows the breakdown I would really apperciate it. I also know a lot of you hate Nuance here and I don't want to hear from aynone saying negative things, I just want facts please. TYIA

Not enough to bother working too hard for. -nm - IMHO

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Bonus for attendance??? - Never heard of that.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Bonus is learning early on that you'll never see - or obtain bonus. That way

[ In Reply To ..]
you're not disappointed once the stars clear from your view. It's a pie in the sky bonus. The info should be in your handbook or on the self-serve website.

Too funny! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Hahahahaa! Thanks for the laugh. After this week I needed one.

bonus that you will never see - Millie

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for Nuance for 2 1/2 years and it is so interesting that every single time I get scores (post-audit) of 99-100% consistently, that immediately after that a certain QA monster "finds" (the same person, too) an error that will just barely put me into the 98.7% range so I could never attain getting a bonus or keeping my scores in the "passing" range. It is so obvious that this is happening - do they think I am a complete idiot? These are the types of insults one can expect to see constantly to run down a MLS' integrity.

So basically the recuiter filled me full of lies - so I would take the job--OP SM

[ In Reply To ..]
So, there really NO ONE who gets any of the incentive bonuses I was told about at the time of hire? The recuiter told me about a weekly production bonus and an attendance bonus (my TSM also told me about these on our first phone converstation).

The info is not in the handbook, I looked before I came on here to ask questions.

I have been working hard to maintain the production standards for the weekly bonus and if I only do the minimum of 7100 weekly lines that is just a few dimes above my state minimum wage.

In light of this finding I will assume that the $12/hr wage I was told I could acheive is also a lie.

Bravo Nuance for being a real POS company to work for. I am scouting other places to work as of right now.

You were had my friend - Foolfighter

[ In Reply To ..]
Dear 90 day MLS, you were simply had. P.S. This is not about "hating" Nuance. This is about being lied to about our incentive and bonus pay. Welcome to the club. The recruiters are not being forthcoming about the incentive or bonus. Did they mention that only 3 MLS made the bonus last quarter? Did they mention that QA can steal your weekly incentive pay away by viewing 2 reports out of 200 and lower you under 99%? Hum...I bet that was not mentioned in recruiting.

No I was not aware of any of the things you stated and I now understand - the hate for Nuance,,, OP

[ In Reply To ..]
This is crazy and makes me so sad knowing that I now have no way to earn anything more than I currently do with this company. I was going along with the job all these weeks thinking that at my 91st day I would get a pay increase in the form of these bonuses. I now completely understand why everyone here is so upset and disappointed because I was told only part of the Nuance story that made the company look like the golden gateway to a great career. I am sorry now I ever doubted any of the things I have read here in the past while I was still in school.
You mention you were in school. Are you a new grad? - That is also a new Nuance thing, hiring
[ In Reply To ..]
brand new MLS so they can pay cheaper. Very few companies hire new grads or less then 3-5 years acute care experience. Hiring a new grad and promise of a bonus was the red flag.

If anything, as a newbie, I guess it's at least experience. The other companies out there aren't much better as far as editing pay, so it's a toss up.

Good luck and sorry you dove into this place based on the recruiter's promise of a better way after 90 days. In their defense, they probably don't even realize it's not true, but rather reading from a script.

Technically, it is possible, just not likely--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Some have posted that they have gotten the bonuses and somewhat frequently. The attendance bonus must be a recruiting thing, not company wide. I am with the above poster that for me, the quality bonus is not worth the extra effort and frustration to try and achieve but YMMV.

Question about bonuses - Pollyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
I doubt many people get bonuses with the way this company grades everything. I've never heard of an attendance bonus. If that's the case I should have a big bonus as I'm here everyday and never call in sick.

Ditto here with attendance. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Since they started FIESA, I have received the quarterly bonus once. Every other time, I get nailed right before the close of the quarter. This same thing has happened to a lot of other MTs that I know personally.

I have NEVER heard of an attendance bonus. Maybe this is another unfair practice offered to the new hires but not the loyal ones who haven't bailed (YET).

The recruiters probably tell stories to get you hired. They are desperate. People are leaving in droves and it's no wonder. This company hates its MTs.

I'm with you - sufferinginsilence

[ In Reply To ..]
I too have only got the bonus once and that was the first quarter 2013. Like another poster said about conspiracy theories, I didn't believe in them either until this first quarter 2014, I had absolutely NO post audit reports E. mailed to me, UNTIL Saturday, the LAST day of the quarter and you guessed it I got dinged to put my score below 99.5% I don't give a rat's behind about their so called bonuses or Fiesa,their reports out of TAT, and my all time favorite "our patients and families are waiting for their reports", blah, blah, blah. I log on, do the best I can and log off to spend time with my family. No volunteering to help on a new account (a guaranteed critical error) and no OT!!
They changed the date for end of quarter. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I have no idea why. I'm holding my breath because maybe I will still make it.
You must be me!!! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xo

mmmm, I'd say about $13 or thereabouts, maybe - 0 for attendance

[ In Reply To ..]
xo

Answers that are actually helpful - YD

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi--

Yes, you can definitely earn weekly bonuses. It is harder to earn the quarterly bonuses. There is no bonus for attendance.

For weekly incentive bonus you must meet these conditions, and lph must be at least 186):
1. Send less than 10% lines to QC.
2. Quality score from previous quarter must be at least 99.5.
3. LPH 7001 8001 9001 10,001
bonus 0.0025 0.005 0.0075 0.1

It's easy to make an extra $20 or $40 extra a week by reaching 7001 or 8001 lines, respectively, as long as you have the necessary QA score and QC%.

Quarterly bonuses require QA score of at least 99.5, lph at least 186, QC of less than 10%. With these 3 met, you can earn a quarterly bonus of $600 on up, depending on your total lines. People on good accounts with mostly VR can increase their income substantially. Accounts with a lot of straight typing can be much harder to meet the lph 186 (true in my case).

Don't let anyone tell you that it isn't worth your time to check FIESA. It absolutely is for 2 reasons: 1) sometimes you realize you've been not following client or company guidelines, so this is a learning opportunity so you don't make that mistake again. 2) Nonerrors are frequently marked off as errors, and you need to challenge these with your TSM. Every time I have sent a valid challenge, the error has been reversed, and thus my QA score goes up. Only the post-audit QA scores count in incentive and bonus scores, but you should check all your Fiesa jobs so that if you are making genuine errors, you can avoid making them in future.

I hope this is hopeful. Let me say that I have many problems with Nuance's quarterly bonus calculations and with the company's top management and what I think we all see as extreme greed. However, my team managers have always been reasonable, and despite what others have stated here, it is certainly possible to earn incentive weekly pay and even possible to earn quarterly bonus sometimes, and it is essential that you check FIESA on at least a weekly basis if not daily. By not doing so, you will only hurt yourself.

Good luck!

Quarterly bonus - smdh

[ In Reply To ..]
The one and only time I got the quarterly bonus it was $235 typing 8000 lines, so your claim of 600 and up is simply not true. Maybe 600 and down would be more truthful... if 600 is even attainable.

Think before you speak - sm - YD

[ In Reply To ..]
What are you talking about?

If you typed 8000 lines in a 3-month period, then you averaged 615 lines per week. Huh?

Since the quarterly bonus is 10% of the quarter's gross earnings, if you earned a bonus of $235 for 8000 lines, then you were paid a whopping 29 cents per line. Where can I sign up?

I received the quarterly bonus this past quarter in the amount of a little over $600. That's quite a small bonus, actually. As I said previously, someone working on a good account without many straight typing jobs can earn bonuses a lot higher than that.

It was 8000 weekly - smdh
[ In Reply To ..]
but I'm sure you knew what I meant. If you received a 600 dollar bonus, you must have been typing upwards of 18000 to 20000 weekly... That is possible I suppose but not likely.

And to the others who asked, it is 99.5% you have to make before eligible for the bonus, not 99%. Other quarters I was always approximately 99.3% so never received the bonus again after the first quarter. It would always drop right at the end of the quarter. Not saying that is Nuance's fault, because I should not have made the errors at any time, it just is a fact that more audits are done towards the end of the quarter to catch more errors.

I NEVER received an attendance bonus and never heard of that one.
No, I didn't know what you meant, but read on... - YD
[ In Reply To ..]
because the mystery only deepens. If you transcribed 8000 lines a week, then in 1 quarter (13 weeks) you would have transcribed 8000*13 = 104,000 lines.

If you earned bonus of $235, then your gross quarterly earning was $2350 for 104,000 lines, which would mean you were paid at a rate of 2350/104000 = 0.022 cents per line. Not even Nuance pays 0.022 cents per line.

Your statement still makes no sense.

I don't know how you came up with those figures... - smdh
[ In Reply To ..]
and to be honest, I don't know how to figure the bonus but 8000 lines a week is only about 1600 lines per day, which is about average, 200 lph, just over the required lph of 186. It is possible the 235 bonus was a mistake. It was the first and only time I got it, so I never questioned the amount. I do know others I spoke to got close to the same amount as I did who were meeting their required lph and all other requirements... they also only received their bonus the first month and haven't gotten it since then.
For heaven's sake, I did the math for you step by step - NM - YD
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
My first post plainly says QUARTERLY BONUS - smdh
[ In Reply To ..]
I believe that is where the confusion is. I am not talking about weekly bonuses, I am talking about the quarterly bonus.
No confusion - everything I've posted concerns quarterly bonus - sm - YD
[ In Reply To ..]
Not trying to beat a dead horse, but the confusion is on your part. Also not trying to be mean, just trying to explain clearly how quarterly bonuses are calculated. If you meet all 3 conditions (LPH at least 186, QA at least 99.5, QC no more than 10%), then you will receive a quarterly bonus that is exactly 10% of your gross pay for that quarter just ended. This is how I know that if you received a quarterly bonus of $235, you made only $2350 total for the quarter. I'm wondering if you are talking about some bonus in the more distant past that has nothing to do with the current pay plan. Could this be the source of confusion?
I know what the amount of the bonus came to - smdh
[ In Reply To ..]
and it was a long way from $600 is all I am saying. I received it not that far back in the past, so no confusion here. Could have been a mistake and was supposed to have been more, but I have no way of knowing that now, and I refuse to continue arguing the point with you now. This discussion is over as far as I'm concerned.

So both the bonuses require 99.5%? - I thought the production one was 99%?

[ In Reply To ..]
What's the 99% one then? I made a major error early on in this quarter and have finally bumped up to over 99% (hopefully they won't get me today) and I thought that entitled me to get the weekly production bonus now. Is this incorrect?

Does anyone know if this bonus info is available - anywhere accessible?

[ In Reply To ..]
This information should be somewhere easily accessible we can refer to and plan by, but I cannot find it anywhere.

I think it was in one of those stupid webinar things, but I will poke my eye out before I voluntarily look at one of those boring things again (without getting paid, that is). With this kind of thing a hard copy is what is required.

If anyone can point to where this info may be, thanks.

Weekly incentive bonus - YD

[ In Reply To ..]
Not to worry, you are correct. The weekly incentive pay requires that your previous quarter's QA be at least 99%.

The quarterly bonus requires that the previous quarter's QA be at least 99.5%.

This is taken directly from the Nuance chart that I am looking at right now. I had done a screen save when the new pay plan was instituted. I think it is prohibited to display Nuance's official materials, so I won't do that.

Bonuses - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
Attendance bonus? I work for Nuance and I have NEVER even heard of bonus for attendance, and I have never called in sick.

You will be hard pressed to find anyone who gets the bonus. It is not based solely on weekly production. You have to score over 99% a quarter, then the FOLLOWING quarter you would be eligible for the bonus if you meet production, send less than 10% of jobs to editing and score over 99% the week prior.

Not being negative, these are the facts.

Similar Messages:

Where Are Those 300 $10.00 Bonuses?
Nov 15, 2012

I was hoping one would get picked this month so I could buy a turkey.  Oh well, On-Cor will have to do again this year.  I guess I have to wait tlll December to see if I get a christmas ham.   ...

Anyone Know If TSM Get Bonuses
Sep 29, 2014

Just curious ...

TSM And Bonuses
Dec 15, 2014

Seen references to TSMs getting bonuses for keeping in TAT.  Anyone know if this is true?  Seems like if they got us (and are still turning the screws), they are going to do something (probably sucky) to QA and QC, then perhaps the TSMs should be next.  We know they aren't going to take anything away from upper management. ...

Production Bonuses
Jan 26, 2012

I just received my first *denial* of production bonus in over 20+ years with 98.75% QA score. Every time I look at the payroll data and see...... BONUS:  NO.   I do a slow burn.  I'd like to know who made that judgment call that is going to affect my income for the next 3 months. I'd like to see my mistakes, and if they are legit medical mistakes then I will accept my *penalty*.  I do not want to think my QA score hinges on whether or not someone is having a ...

How Come We Do Not Get Bonuses Or Incentives.
Jan 04, 2013

We used to get shift differentials and extra if you work weekends.  Also used to get more if you type a certain amount, but with no jobs what does it matter.   ...

Corporate Bonuses
Jan 16, 2013

retention bonuses in the following amounts for the following named executive officers of the Company: $1,000,000 for Roger L. Davenport, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer; $851,250 for Ronald L. Scarboro, Chief Financial Officer; and $243,750 for Michael Finke, President. 50% of each individual’s award will be paid out on the date of the closing (the “Closing Date”) of the merger Read more: http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/120718/MModal-Inc_8-K/#ixzz2I973Zq9Q This was determ ...

New QA Incentive To Take Away MT Bonuses?
Jul 27, 2013

This is from Nuance's ad for QA/QC: "Are you tired of reviewing documents with multiple blanks and multiple errors and being reimbursed the same as you are for reviewing documents with a couple blanks? How would you like to increase your earning potential just for doing what you do best? ...looking for high producing, high quality Quality Control Editors who have the ability and drive to add significant value to reviewed documents. We are now offering an aggressive reimbursement incentive f ...

Bonuses For July?
Jul 08, 2014

Does anyone know when the bonus checks go out for the 99.5% April-June period?  I never had one before so never paid attention lol ...

Sign On Bonuses
May 12, 2015

Hi Everyone! Just wondering if the sign on bonuses are real? It all seems kinda fishy to me. I have been an editor for 3 years now and was thinking about trying to expand my career and move to full transcription. I have been looking for different companies and jobs etc. I currently make .05 per line and it just doesn't seem to be enough. When it comes to the reports, I feel like i am pretty much typing the whole thing over again, so figured I could handle the full duty of the job. I a ...

Xmas Bonuses / Gifts
Dec 14, 2009

Personally not expecting anything, just curious if anyone else was lucky.  Last year we got a cookbook compiled by various people in the company that we got to print off ourselves.  Don't think they can top that.  However, on the upside this company keeps me in work and pays well.  I can't complain, or at least I shouldn't.  Let's hear it from anyone who did get or will be getting a little momento in the spirit of gift giving. ...

In-house Christmas Bonuses
Dec 08, 2010

I may have to reconsider working in-house as a medical secretary.  My friend is a PA at a local doctor's office.  They all got their Christmas bonuses last week.  All employees no matter how high up on the chain got between $2,000 and $10,000 bonuses.  Can you believe it??  ...

Xmas Bonuses And Gifts
Dec 22, 2010

Anybody from Webmedx receive anything besides a card?  ...

Sign On Bonuses Are Back?
Feb 28, 2012

I wonder if that is a sign of things to come?  ...

Does Nuance Have Production Bonuses? Nm
Aug 28, 2012

nm ...

She Is Making $350,000/year/+bonuses
Oct 15, 2012

What a load of BS ...

Miss The Old Days When There Were Bonuses!
Nov 27, 2013

Miss the old days when there were bonuses! 16 years ago old boss who had her own Transcription company hired someone to delivery Christmas tray with Santa in middle,surrounded by Christmas candy, with a bonus check for $50 on the tray. Those days are LOOOONNNNNNG GONE. Let's put our Pollyanna glasses on for a minute and pretend our 37 million dollar CEO is going to give up one of his millions and divide it amongst us. Miracles happen, right? ...

Transcend ?? Bonuses/shift Differentials??
Apr 22, 2011

I see Transcend is offering 12 hour windows (which is one of the things that keeps me at WMX right now.) Can anyone tell me about bonus plan and/or weekend or shift differentials?  I know there are people who love and hate every company, just looking for what might be a better fit for me.   VR, high percentage ESL.. these are a given in this profession anymore.  I just want to have the bottom line (my paycheck) be something I can live with.   ...

Wow, Cbay India Gets Bonuses And Free
May 23, 2011

medical insurance for family, plus a gym and workout facility, and also monthly bonuses.  I think I may just apply, would probably be better off than I am now.  You think they'll care that i live in the United States? ...

Thinking Of Coming Bac. Ins Looks Good. What About Bonuses? Nm
Nov 10, 2012

nm ...

When Are Quarterly Bonuses Paid Out This Month?
Dec 29, 2013

When are quarterly bonuses paid out this month? ...

Were Quarterly Bonuses Deposited Today? Sm
Jan 31, 2014

Thought I qualified, but have heard nothing and received nada. Anyone? TIA. ...

QC Bonuses For Finding Errors In Place Yet?
Feb 13, 2014

Must be my turn to be audited.  Got one yesterday and one today.  Don't you just love getting up and signing on to find this crap.   contesting one, for sure I believe I am right, but we will see.  THis one  is more or less open to personal style or opinion.  Grrrrrr. ...

Chaps. The Q Offering $1000 Sign-on Bonuses For
Dec 21, 2010

Choke.   ...

Anyone Work For A Company That Offers Quarterly Bonuses? 
Oct 14, 2011

Anyone work for a company that offers quarterly bonuses?  ...

Want Work From Nuance With Bonuses? Move To India.
Nov 11, 2012

Check out the bonuses for employees in India. My thought is the big N is making a move to transport as many MT jobs to India as possible (low work volumes) and employees in US are getting what is left behind. Home-based employees in India send reports to QA or Editor. If it goes to Editor, Bingo, maybe that's your job, correcting what someone in a foreign market cannot possibly understand. Makes perfect sense for Nuance. Maybe Obama will stick it to them with taxes for exporting our jobs so ...

Aren't Bonuses Supposed To Be Paid Out Tomorrow?
Jul 30, 2013

Aren't bonuses supposed to be paid out tomorrow?  I went on to ADP because normally your check that is coming will show up a day or two in advance and there is nothing there so I guess that means no bonus.  I got one last time and I thought this will probably the last one I ever get with this company due to the new errors that I have all of a sudden started making after 15 years of typing.  ...