A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Xmas bonuses / gifts - nn

Posted: Dec 14, 2009

Personally not expecting anything, just curious if anyone else was lucky.  Last year we got a cookbook compiled by various people in the company that we got to print off ourselves.  Don't think they can top that.  However, on the upside this company keeps me in work and pays well.  I can't complain, or at least I shouldn't.  Let's hear it from anyone who did get or will be getting a little momento in the spirit of gift giving.

X-mas Bonus - Got The TShirt

[ In Reply To ..]
Got a bonus - the second one I've gotten in 23+ years of transcribing! Second year as an employee with great local clinic - could not be happier. Know I'm among the very few and thankful every day. Wish everyone had this kind of job. Sending big hugs and good wishes to everyone for the holidays!

For Christmas bonus, I am giving myself a Lello - ice cream machine.

[ In Reply To ..]
Yummm, Yummmm, Yummmm. I can taste that Chocolate and Egg Custard ice cream right now. Merry Christmas everyone.

I'm giving myself a killer pair of boots I've been drooling over - MrsClaus

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked some extra hours so, unlike last year when I was totally broke, I can give gifts to everyone on my list with some leftover to treat myself.

I've got enough leftover to get the boots I'm lusting over AND some of my favorite perfume, too.

This Christmas is not nearly as bleak as last Christmas, and I'm very thankful!
Good for you! Enjoy sister MT - MTme
[ In Reply To ..]
Nice job! We all have to do that once in a while! I used to do it with books, buy myself a great hardcover edition of a book that I love. Cheap thrills! Merry Merry.

my bonus - 50/50

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with my company 13 years. I have never gotten a Christmas Bonus, however, my loving husband gets $1500 each year from his place of employment (diesel mechanic), and I decided that since I work full-time, do all of the cooking, laundry, cleaning, and yard/snow work, and we are married (50/50 rule), I take half of his bonus.

Love that 50/50 rule!

Last my company made a donation in my name to - charity. Nothing this year. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Was that gift to charity with your permission? - Did you specify the amount? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Gifts to charity - The frog

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not like it when people make gifts to charity in my name. I am very generous and gift to various charities, but I want my money to go to organizations whose agenda I approve of. Similarly, I do not make gifts to charity in the name of my friends unless I know for a fact that they have a particular charity they already support and whose agenda they agree with. Just a thought.

Figures! WHO IS GETTING THE TAX DEDUCTION? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like a recent lawsuit with a certain company who were cheating on line counts and had to settle up. But instead of giving the MTs the money it had stolen from them, they were able to donate it to causes of their own choosing, a $250.000 fee for themselves, and $0 for the MT. (IMHO - They should be disbarred).

As for the X-mas bonus -- I would tell them that I choose my own charity contributions - and get my OWN tax writeoffs as well.

Bonus - jak

[ In Reply To ..]
I work at a local hospital. We got $300 direct deposited into our checking account and $300 deposited into retirement plan. Can't beat that. I have only worked here 1.5 years and you had to have worked so many hours for the year and I only work 32 hours/week.

Christmas Bonus - LinK

[ In Reply To ..]
I was pleasantly surprised to receive a gift card in the mail today from a company (Not medical) that I've been working for for just a short period of time. The card said they appreciated my hard work and said I was one of their valuable employees. Unfortunately, I'm unemployed as far as my MT job (lost because of EMR). When I worked there previously, I got $300 bonuses which I could sure use today).

Bonuses - jak

[ In Reply To ..]
I was thrilled to death because after being an at home IC then employee medical transcriptionist for several years this is the biggest bonus ever received. I will take getting dressed, putting on my make-up (maybe) and driving 2 miles to work for this and even being a part-timer I receive PTO and pay very little for my health insurance. Cannot beat that I don't think:)

Glad for daughter, her bonus is $400 - My girl

[ In Reply To ..]
I am glad for her, she probably can use more than me anyway. If you don̢۪t expect then you surely wont be disappointed. Try it this way.

Christmas -- - ---

[ In Reply To ..]
Last year I received a $50 check and nice note of appreciation from a company I had IC'd for for just two months. I hadn't even thought about it since I had never in all my years as IC received any end-of-year gift from an account. I was suprised and touched.

My other IC account invites me to raid the kitchen of the goodies they receive from colleagues, etc.... you know how doctor's offices get all those fancy holiday gifts, half of which no one will eat, but sometimes there is good stuff like 3-flavor popcorn tins, chocolates, fancy coffees and teas, cookies, beef sticks and whatnot. And it's not just the leftover crap that no one wants, but an offer to "please take what you like." It's not cash money, but I do appreciate the inclusiveness of the gesture, and I get some tasty treats that I probably would not have otherwise.

Merry Christmas :)

bonus - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]
About the first 3-4 years of doing IC work, I received a bonus, $50, gift card, cookies, smoked turkey, then nothing for about the last 6 years. This year, however, I got a basket of fruit from a cardiologist's office that I've been doing work for for a number of years. This was a wonderful surprise considering I don't work directly for them, but through the MT company, and I don't have direct contact with them. It made my day. I'm sure there will be no bonus from the MT company though. Happy holidays to everyone!

Used to get a gift card for like $50..this year I got a letter..sm - Unhappy Camper

[ In Reply To ..]
saying the company had no need for employee status help any more and lost my health insurance, PTO, 401 K and got a pay cut to boot. Merry Christmas?

What is a bonus? - Long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't remember the last time I got a bonus. Certainly it was before I resorted to working at home as an MT. Once upon a time I worked for a surgeon in Austin, Texas. Every year he gave me a month's pay as a bonus at Christmas. Ah, those were the days.

Christmas Bonuses-be your own Santa! - old mter

[ In Reply To ..]
Ah Yes. My last one was in 1992!!!!! It's sad, now we are just lucky to be getting paid........... I, however, like a lot of us give myself one! We deserve it. Even if it is a giftcard to Starbucks!

I don't expect any holiday gift, which is fine, BUT... - RubySoho

[ In Reply To ..]
I certainly would LOVE it if someone surprised me with a Starbucks card, even a $10 one.

STARBUCKS = HEAVEN.

Two years ago got $50 Amex card, last year got - me

[ In Reply To ..]
$25 Amex card. So far nothing this year and not looking for anything. Two years ago for MT week got $25 Amex card, this year not even a thank you.

Got a gift card. Nice, unexpected. (nm) - BTDT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Those were the days - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
Our hospital used to give each employee a 12-pound turkey or a collapsible chair--the kind I have since seen in various stores for less than $10. But, it was something, and it really was appreciated.

As an MT, the managers and IT guys in India at my last job did send out email greetings. The staff in the US office did nothing.

This year, I work for a new company (new to me). I was actually told by the recruiter that the owner/CEO is "the nicest person" who would bend over backwards for his employees. Yeah, right. So far, in several months of employment there, I have yet to even receive a "welcome to the company" email from him. I'm not sure if he really exists, actually.

It would truly warm my heart if he proved himself by at least sending out a "happy holidays" email to the employees. But, I'm not holding my breath.

Why should I expect any special acknowledgement from the MTSO? I'm simply part of the equipment. I mean, how often do I stop to thank my computer and desk chair for their dedicated work, and wish them a happy holiday? It's the same thing, I guess.

what excuse this year? - WMX

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't even afford to print that thing off-didn't want to use a cartridge to do it.

This year, I wonder what excuse they'll use for another cheap gift or possibly nothing?

I thought our gift was jacked up insurance rates - and bragging emails

[ In Reply To ..]
After all, we're so priveleged to work there and be part of such a great company, we should expect less every year...and be cravenly greatful to be a part of their glory. They have let us know what they think of us - we are nothing, we get nothing!

Was very pleasantly surprised... - cindyoh

[ In Reply To ..]
will just say it's been years since I got a monetary bonus from any employer I've worked for. My new one was generous both at Thanksgiving and now at Christmas, so I'm very grateful and fortunate. Have in the past received, let's see, a mug, 2 cookbooks, a gym bag, a paperweight, a gift certificate (all from Spheris, not necessarily in that order), and I'm sure I've left some gifts out. The older I get, the less I expect. I'm just grateful to be employed and able to pay the bills.

I got... - Becky

[ In Reply To ..]
I got a 2010 planner. It was nice. I wasn't expecting it. I have worked for them for just under 3 months, though I did get a small sign-on bonus. My other company, who I have worked for for 3-1/2 years gives nothing. I appreciated the planner more because I'm not accustomed to getting anything. Becky

Similar Messages:

Xmas Bonuses And Gifts
Dec 22, 2010

Anybody from Webmedx receive anything besides a card?  ...

Any Companies That Send Out Xmas Gifts?
Nov 17, 2011

Work a FT and PT job now and just wondering?  Hate to sound greedy, but.... well, I am.   ...

Landmark Xmas
Dec 21, 2011

To anyone that works at Landmark, just curious if you receive anything for Christmas? A card? A present? ...

Not Even An Xmas Email
Dec 24, 2011

This company just keeps hitting new lows.  Big shots probably too busy sitting in their offices counting their bonuses.  Shame on you Vern and the rest of your cronies.  Merry Xmas to everyone else. ...

Working Xmas... How Does Pay Work?
Dec 02, 2012

Do you have to work 8 hours or X number of lines to qualify for holiday pay?  How do they pay it out? ...

Payday 24th? Since Xmas Is The 25th?
Dec 22, 2009

?? ...

** Thank You IMEDX For Not Sending A XMAS Card
Dec 18, 2014

Thank you IMEDX for not sending a physical Christmas card, and for not sending us a gift card loaded with either $25 or $50, I forget. TT was nice to do that. AND, thank you IMEDX for me no longer doing "bonus" to save your huge account. I worked 4 years for TT and always pitched in, now it is time for an hourly job. I have the skills, I just needed to go to the last freeway exit sign to get off. Absolutely criminal I think what is going on. Has anyone every thought of a Class Action suit rega ...

MT Week Gifts
May 23, 2010

flash some cheap piece of garbage trinket trash not much thought behind it they need to be reminded that they need us far more than we need them I really wish they had not sent it to me trash it really is I hate my job Can't wait to be free of this garbage it's worthless to me I hate our anal QA department Did get a cheesy gift in the mail Incompetence worthless trinket complete lack of taste, thought, imagination typical, useless, cheap lying suits slap in the face su ...

Transcend Xmas Gift Card Amount?
Dec 20, 2011

Since I did not get a gift card yet, I'm curious about the dollar amount on it.  Please don't tell me its a $5 gift card to Starbucks. ...

MT Week With Gifts And ?recognition.
May 18, 2010

I'm wondering with all these little trinkets sent, or not....with all the little games throughout the week, why is it we don't hear a peep out in the "real world" about MT week?  It was established in 1985, but nowhere except on the AHDI website is it being promoted.  Type "national transcription week" in google and click pn search news, and the only things that come up are about how clients are trying to cut costs (usually by eliminating us).  Click on search the web, a ...

My Company Sent Out The Coolest Gifts Ever!
May 19, 2010

My company sent out the coolest gifts ever!  Kind of hard to describe, but they are made from real license plates from the state we live in.  They are folded over to make a book and one holds photos and the other CD's.  I feel so appreciated!!! ...

No So Professional Regarding Shower Gifts
Feb 28, 2012

I just do not think its professional to send out emails regarding gifts for a baby.  If so many people asked why not just send them an email via their own personal email or a phone call.  Why do we all have to know where we can register for gifts.  They are not so employee friendly with us in other ways.  Think about it.  ...

Take My Advice About MTSO Christmas Gifts
Dec 19, 2009

If you don’t expect anything, you will never be disappointed. People, you are not little children. Grow up. If you get a Merry Christmas, that should be enough. ...

Just Curious: Does ANY Company Out There Give Christmas Gifts Anymore?
Dec 18, 2012

OTI doesn't anymore. :o( ...

Where Are Those 300 $10.00 Bonuses?
Nov 15, 2012

I was hoping one would get picked this month so I could buy a turkey.  Oh well, On-Cor will have to do again this year.  I guess I have to wait tlll December to see if I get a christmas ham.   ...

Anyone Know If TSM Get Bonuses
Sep 29, 2014

Just curious ...

TSM And Bonuses
Dec 15, 2014

Seen references to TSMs getting bonuses for keeping in TAT.  Anyone know if this is true?  Seems like if they got us (and are still turning the screws), they are going to do something (probably sucky) to QA and QC, then perhaps the TSMs should be next.  We know they aren't going to take anything away from upper management. ...

Production Bonuses
Jan 26, 2012

I just received my first *denial* of production bonus in over 20+ years with 98.75% QA score. Every time I look at the payroll data and see...... BONUS:  NO.   I do a slow burn.  I'd like to know who made that judgment call that is going to affect my income for the next 3 months. I'd like to see my mistakes, and if they are legit medical mistakes then I will accept my *penalty*.  I do not want to think my QA score hinges on whether or not someone is having a ...

How Come We Do Not Get Bonuses Or Incentives.
Jan 04, 2013

We used to get shift differentials and extra if you work weekends.  Also used to get more if you type a certain amount, but with no jobs what does it matter.   ...

Corporate Bonuses
Jan 16, 2013

retention bonuses in the following amounts for the following named executive officers of the Company: $1,000,000 for Roger L. Davenport, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer; $851,250 for Ronald L. Scarboro, Chief Financial Officer; and $243,750 for Michael Finke, President. 50% of each individual’s award will be paid out on the date of the closing (the “Closing Date”) of the merger Read more: http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/120718/MModal-Inc_8-K/#ixzz2I973Zq9Q This was determ ...

New QA Incentive To Take Away MT Bonuses?
Jul 27, 2013

This is from Nuance's ad for QA/QC: "Are you tired of reviewing documents with multiple blanks and multiple errors and being reimbursed the same as you are for reviewing documents with a couple blanks? How would you like to increase your earning potential just for doing what you do best? ...looking for high producing, high quality Quality Control Editors who have the ability and drive to add significant value to reviewed documents. We are now offering an aggressive reimbursement incentive f ...

Question About Bonuses
Apr 03, 2014

I am still in my 90-day period and I am wondering if any seasoned employees can tell me how much extra money the bonuses for weekly production and attendance can add to my check after I am eligable? A rough estiamte or if anyone knows the breakdown I would really apperciate it. I also know a lot of you hate Nuance here and I don't want to hear from aynone saying negative things, I just want facts please. TYIA ...

Bonuses For July?
Jul 08, 2014

Does anyone know when the bonus checks go out for the 99.5% April-June period?  I never had one before so never paid attention lol ...

Sign On Bonuses
May 12, 2015

Hi Everyone! Just wondering if the sign on bonuses are real? It all seems kinda fishy to me. I have been an editor for 3 years now and was thinking about trying to expand my career and move to full transcription. I have been looking for different companies and jobs etc. I currently make .05 per line and it just doesn't seem to be enough. When it comes to the reports, I feel like i am pretty much typing the whole thing over again, so figured I could handle the full duty of the job. I a ...

In-house Christmas Bonuses
Dec 08, 2010

I may have to reconsider working in-house as a medical secretary.  My friend is a PA at a local doctor's office.  They all got their Christmas bonuses last week.  All employees no matter how high up on the chain got between $2,000 and $10,000 bonuses.  Can you believe it??  ...

Sign On Bonuses Are Back?
Feb 28, 2012

I wonder if that is a sign of things to come?  ...

Does Nuance Have Production Bonuses? Nm
Aug 28, 2012

nm ...

She Is Making $350,000/year/+bonuses
Oct 15, 2012

What a load of BS ...

Miss The Old Days When There Were Bonuses!
Nov 27, 2013

Miss the old days when there were bonuses! 16 years ago old boss who had her own Transcription company hired someone to delivery Christmas tray with Santa in middle,surrounded by Christmas candy, with a bonus check for $50 on the tray. Those days are LOOOONNNNNNG GONE. Let's put our Pollyanna glasses on for a minute and pretend our 37 million dollar CEO is going to give up one of his millions and divide it amongst us. Miracles happen, right? ...

Transcend ?? Bonuses/shift Differentials??
Apr 22, 2011

I see Transcend is offering 12 hour windows (which is one of the things that keeps me at WMX right now.) Can anyone tell me about bonus plan and/or weekend or shift differentials?  I know there are people who love and hate every company, just looking for what might be a better fit for me.   VR, high percentage ESL.. these are a given in this profession anymore.  I just want to have the bottom line (my paycheck) be something I can live with.   ...