A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I miss my DSG Walmart Gift card ... and DSG!! - ...those were the days my friends .. NM

Posted: Dec 17, 2012

Merry Christmas to all!  :)

I remember that too. The big ones just do not care and that is pretty much all that's left. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I was just thinking about that. - Better days indeed.

[ In Reply To ..]
Now they can't even send out a blanket email to say happy holidays.

I remember - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
People on here complaining about getting a walmart gift card.

Thanks, I used to work there - See Msg

[ In Reply To ..]
They closed their medical transcription department. They also said they had law enforcement transcription, which I told them I wanted and they would keep me in mind, but they pulled the rug out from under me and I got slam-dunked back to MQ during that acquisition.

Similar Messages:

I Just Won A $13 Gift Card!
Oct 25, 2013

Yes, its true, my skills are awesome enough to warrant a $13 gift card.  Bow before me peons!  To all those who will take this personally, I'm teasing.   Anyway, there's a catch.  It turns out that this Visa card can only be used at certain places.  Unfortunately, the nearest one of these places is over 50 miles from me, making it worthless as I'd have to spend more money in gas to get there.  I could use it online, but shipping charges will pretty m ...

Transcend Gift Card!
Dec 17, 2011

I received a beautiful Christmas card in the mail and inside was a VISA card from Transcend wishing me a Merry Christmas and the card even says "thank you" on it!  I wasn't expecting that.  I've only been with them a little over a month!  I'm even more impressed with them now.  I got a calendar last year from my previous employer.  That was nice, but this is even better.  Did anyone else receive one? I sure hope so!  yay! ...

MT Week Gift Card
May 19, 2014

I would have to drive an hour and a half to find a Staples! What a sucky prize ...

Imedx Gift Card
Dec 26, 2014

Tried registering it yet? Have fun. Couldn't get it to register online. Calling the phone number did no good, either. Apparently, my brain can't deal with technology anymore. Couldn't figure out what my employee number was (wasn't any number I could find), and there was no activation code where the computer voice said it should be. ...

Just Got My Gift Card In The Mail
Apr 11, 2015

My $13 prepaid Discover card came in the mail as thanks for not slitting my wrists while training on a new platform.  It came with a whole sheet of paper listing the dozens of different places I can spend it at.  There isn't a single store on the list I use LOL.  That seems mathematically improbable. 90% of them don't even exist within a few hundred to thousand miles.  The ones I do have don't apply to me.  For the second time, the Cracker Barrel is one ...

My Visa Gift Card Was Refused?
Dec 26, 2009

I tried to use my giftcard today and it was refused. It was give by transcend, a visa giftcard, and it was refused when i tried to use it. I didn't see anything that came with it saying it had to be authorized or anything. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you have an authorization number i can call to authorize my card? Suggestions? Thanks ...

TO: MT Week Gift Card Recipients
Jun 26, 2013

Have you received your gift card yet?  I know it said 4-6 weeks.  I am starting to think I missed it in the mail and threw it away or something.....    ...

Thank You, SoftScript, For The Beautiful Card And Wonderful Gift! Nm
Dec 22, 2010

s ...

Transcend Xmas Gift Card Amount?
Dec 20, 2011

Since I did not get a gift card yet, I'm curious about the dollar amount on it.  Please don't tell me its a $5 gift card to Starbucks. ...

I Thought We Only Had To Pay Taxes On An MModal Gift Card. Sm
Aug 02, 2013

So, for MT week, I was one of the finalists for the MT of the year contest. I made it to the final round, thus getting a 100.00 gift card from MModal. Well, on my last check stub under the deductions is a category called "taxable prizes" and listed under that is my 100.00 gift card. So basically, I won a 100.00 gift card and then they turned around and took the entire 100.00 back out of my pay check. I thought we only had to pay taxes on the gift card. WTF is the point of a gift card if you ...

Used My MT Week Gift Card To Apply To School
Jun 30, 2014

I was going to hang out for a bit and see if they offered another coding class. But the day the card came in the mail they lost my main account that I had had for over 10 years. Since there was not even a courtesy notice given until a week later to any of the MTs it just made my decision easy. So thanks for the MT week money, I sure put it to good use. I start in August. ...

IMEDX Gift Card - Cannot Find # To Activate
Jan 03, 2015

I looked on the Exponent HR site and cannot find a number anywhere.  There is no Happy Holidays or token of appreciation message either.  Do you think they took it down? ...

IMEDX Christmas Gift Card Activation Code?
May 23, 2015

I'm trying to activate the gift card I got from IMEDX for Christmas. I threw away the documentation that came with it that apparently had the "activation code". I called customer service and they stated the only hint they could give was it was the last four digits of my employee ID number.  Can anyone tell me if this was the last digits of our last name?, last 4 of SS number? I can't remember my employee ID.  Thanks! ...

Leaving MT For Walmart?
Dec 13, 2010

I have way too much time on my hands today so I thought I would ask this question.  Has anyone left the MT profession and went to work at Walmart, a pharmacy, drug store, or any other store?  Will they hire us since we have been an MT for 10+ years?  What about factory jobs, you know the light duty assembly kind?  Have any of you had any luck getting hired in anything other than as an MT without going back to school? ...

Less Than WalMart Paycheck
Aug 26, 2011

Finally happened.  My husband's 32/hr/wk WalMart check was more than mine today.  How degrading is that? Big decision day today.  Do I walk and spend 40 hours a week looking for a better job, which wouldn't take much? I have tried everything to get my ASR production up. There is no way, at 40% less a line than full transcription rate, that I can even make a difference.  So, so depressed today.  Don't know what to do. ...

Walmart Greeters
Mar 28, 2012

At my local Walmart, they let go of all the greeters as a cost-cutting measure, so we can't even look forward to that any more, lol! ...

Mmodal = Walmart?
Jan 14, 2013

I know a lot of people have some very strong opinions on Walmart, but looking at change.org as they are trying to put yet another Walmart in my local area and people are MAD.  I'm reading through the comments people are posting and can't help but think a lot of things people are saying about walmart could be said of mmodal! "I stand against these large ugly corporations that treat people all along the "supply chain" as something to be exploited, from the displaced third worl ...

Walmart As Bad As MModal!
May 19, 2013

Worked for MModal for 8 years before I quit last year in disgust. Got a job at Walmart as a cashier, it's my first week, and I was pulled aside by my trainer and she explained to me that Walmart has a production goal of 1000 scans an hour! Then she showed me how to put in a code on my register that stops the clock during low times in between customers. I was floored that they could require such a goal that had nothing I could do to control it. Like, how can I control how many customers ...

Can We Possibly Get Rid Of The Annoying WalMart Ad....
Aug 06, 2013

.....that "follows" us? ...

Grocerystores, Walmart, Target
May 26, 2014

wondering if anyone has any idea what the starting pay is for these places, does it vary by state or do they have  pay system that starts everyone at about the same.  I have been doing this for 40 years.  I wanted to work a few more years before retiring.  The company I work for recently cannot meet payroll,they are either late or pay in installments. This has been going on for several months and it is sort of a regular thing for them now.   I need my pay all a ...

Walmart Workers Are Protesting For Low Wages,
Nov 20, 2012

short hours, poor working conditions and proverty wages.  Gee, sounds familiar.  Welcome to Walmart--I mean M*Modal! ...

Just For Infor The Walmart Store, Just Emailed
Mar 18, 2015

With the employee discout wow perks whatever, is way more expensive than the store. So, don't waste your time ...

Miss QTL
Jan 21, 2010

I think that is what they were called.  The person who assisted our sup.  Anyway, I really like my sup.  But I never hear back from her when I email, I make edits in Teamwork and it still hasn't been done.  I requested time off in Feb and it is still in request status.  I have no hours listed for when I am supposed to work. I miss having someone who sends out a backlog and responds to my emails within a day, sooner most of the time. I feel like I am swinging out o ...

I Miss MT!
Feb 15, 2014

I work full-time in a clerical position.  I don't really enjoy it but I make a decent living.  I thought I would love typing for a living so I took the MT training from one of the best schools (expensive and labor intensive, as you all know), and got a p/t weekend job working for a MTSO.  I quickly became jaded for the many reasons already discussed on this forum.  I wasn't even making a babysitter's wage.  I knew there was no way I could afford to quit my ...

Don't Miss Dep
Aug 22, 2014

I've never understood what dep was.  I started with this company 3 years ago (then Medquest), and was told to put dep after my ID number to access something which I never understood.  It always rejected my login under dep, and I was embarrassed at that time to contact Support, so I just never used it, whatever its purpose was.   So, now that we apparently can't access it, I don't miss it. ...

Do Any At Home MTs Miss This...
Feb 09, 2010

I totally miss getting a huge snowstorm (like today in my area, 10 to 14 inches) and being able to call in to work to say "I can't make it in today... the roads are horrible" I am trying hard to concentrate on work today, but all I want to do is call in to work, go outside and build a huge snowman, then shovel a little, and come in and make a huge mug of hot chocolate and watch it snow.   LET IT SNOW!!!! ...

Take A Guess At This ASR Miss
Jan 05, 2012

ASR says: He was seen in "twelfth" 2011.   Anyone care to guess what "twelfth" means? ...

I Miss Encompass
Sep 17, 2012

No other company currently compares.  Where did you all end up?  Did you stick with Nuance or find greener pastures? ...

Did I Miss An Email
Jan 12, 2013

are they paying us extra to clean up this mess? ...

How's Softscript Doing? I Miss Them So Much.
Jan 06, 2014

nm ...