A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

In-house Christmas bonuses - LinK

Posted: Dec 08, 2010

I may have to reconsider working in-house as a medical secretary.  My friend is a PA at a local doctor's office.  They all got their Christmas bonuses last week.  All employees no matter how high up on the chain got between $2,000 and $10,000 bonuses.  Can you believe it?? 

wow! wouldn't *that* be a nice envelope to open! nm - sadie

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Got my Christmas card from my MTSO and - signmeMT

[ In Reply To ..]
searched every nook and cranny of the envelope and inside of that there card and apparently that card was it. Times are hard, though. I know none of the MTSOs are making a profit;-) Bah humbug! Yeah, I know you appreciate my hard work and long hours.

Yes, I can. In my last inhouse hospital gig, - (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
I routinely got $2000 to $2500 each Christmas.

In a private office that is doing well with a dedicated staff, I'd say the physicians are pleased and sharing the wealth. Kudos to them!

Wow! - Wish I had a job

[ In Reply To ..]
That's lovely. Good for them! there's going to be no Christmas in my house. I've been unemployed for over a year and I can't seem to find a job. Nothing for newbies. Everyone says don't give up hope, but when there's nothing over the holidays that's hard to explain to the kiddies and doesn't give you hope. Got 2 turn downs today. That's just today. I read things like this and wonder when my turn is coming. Hopefully before I'm homeless.

Those workers are lucky to be appreciated. - Backwards Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked in house, we got nothing except an hour for a "Christmas party" with whatever the employees brought in to share.

Gee, I wish I had one of those holiday parties at work. - Anon.

[ In Reply To ..]
I miss them. I'd rather laugh and schmooze with my bosses than get even a frozen turkey (always welcome!) any day.

Backwards Typist, I'm assuming you actually meant those workers're lucky to be given money--?

That's exactly what I meant. - Backwards Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
I also worked at home for an ENT office as an employee. They gave a turkey at Thanksgiving and nothing for Christmas. I always gave mine away as DH never liked turkey and since these were large 18-22 pounds, it was better to give to a family who could use it (we are 2 here).

After I left,they stopped giving even the turkey saying it was too expensive. I guess a dozen turkeys didn't qualify for a discount.

It has been a long time since - CMA

[ In Reply To ..]
I have gotten a x-mas bonus. When I first started in the medical field, I worked for a plastic surgeon and we got nice bonuses but that was around 25 years ago. Every other office I worked in since then, nothing. The last ten years working as an independent contractor, of course nothing!

I heard of one eye surgeon - MY2c

[ In Reply To ..]
who gave her whole staff a Caribbean cruise for xmas bonus. Unfortunately I did not work there, was just a patient.

I heard half the hospitals in the country are - Fellow Traveller

[ In Reply To ..]
cutting back on necessary supplies because they can't afford to purchase them. Cutting back on cleaning and mainenance because they can't afford to keep those bacteria counts down, etc.

Come on, guys, Christmas isn't all about gimme, gimme. Anybody making a donation to keep their local hospital doors open? How about a plate of cookies to the local ER so the people there can feel appreciated for their services to a community?
hospitals - tired MT
[ In Reply To ..]
the hospital in my town must be doing so well they are actually planning a several million dollar expansion. I don't know why, half the people in this town are unemployed. Unless of course they plan to add the wing to serve more charity patients. lol. they should save their money and hire more local people instead of outsiders.
Mine can't rise above mediocre in any respect, but it - could build fancy new
[ In Reply To ..]
bariatric surgery and wound healing pavilions. Apparently there's a lot of money for our for-profit hospital corporation to make here on obese and diabetic people. Whereas severely diminishing returns on increased survival rates mean improving quality would be bad for business.

I suspect if yours is a for-profit hospital, no, they're definitely not planning to serve more charity patients, but maybe they'll decide they can afford to pass out turkeys as a gesture of appreciation.
That gives me chills...diminishing returns on increased survival rates means... - ndmt
[ In Reply To ..]
improving quality would be bad for business. Sick but true.

I used to work at a hospital and all employees got - a frozen turkey. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Me, too! I was glad when they switched from actual turkeys to coupons. - It was always a treat, though. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

MERRY CHRISTMAS And HAPPY NEW YEAR To All !!!! And To Those Who Do Not Celebrate Christmas
Dec 23, 2014

BEST WISHES for the holidays ...

I Just Watched The Old Christmas Special "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"
Jan 05, 2015

NTS (Nuance) who stole Christmas.....My version......We all know the tune, replace The Grinch with NTS (fits better sound-wise)...NTS = Nuance... You're a mean one, NTS.... You really are a heel You're a Monster, NTS.... You're heart's an empty hole You're brain is full of spiders, You've got garlic in your soul, NTS......(drag it out here!) I wouldn't touch you with a......39-1/2-foot pole !!!!! You're a foul one, NTS... You're a nasty wasty ...

Where Are Those 300 $10.00 Bonuses?
Nov 15, 2012

I was hoping one would get picked this month so I could buy a turkey.  Oh well, On-Cor will have to do again this year.  I guess I have to wait tlll December to see if I get a christmas ham.   ...

Anyone Know If TSM Get Bonuses
Sep 29, 2014

Just curious ...

TSM And Bonuses
Dec 15, 2014

Seen references to TSMs getting bonuses for keeping in TAT.  Anyone know if this is true?  Seems like if they got us (and are still turning the screws), they are going to do something (probably sucky) to QA and QC, then perhaps the TSMs should be next.  We know they aren't going to take anything away from upper management. ...

Production Bonuses
Jan 26, 2012

I just received my first *denial* of production bonus in over 20+ years with 98.75% QA score. Every time I look at the payroll data and see...... BONUS:  NO.   I do a slow burn.  I'd like to know who made that judgment call that is going to affect my income for the next 3 months. I'd like to see my mistakes, and if they are legit medical mistakes then I will accept my *penalty*.  I do not want to think my QA score hinges on whether or not someone is having a ...

How Come We Do Not Get Bonuses Or Incentives.
Jan 04, 2013

We used to get shift differentials and extra if you work weekends.  Also used to get more if you type a certain amount, but with no jobs what does it matter.   ...

Corporate Bonuses
Jan 16, 2013

retention bonuses in the following amounts for the following named executive officers of the Company: $1,000,000 for Roger L. Davenport, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer; $851,250 for Ronald L. Scarboro, Chief Financial Officer; and $243,750 for Michael Finke, President. 50% of each individual’s award will be paid out on the date of the closing (the “Closing Date”) of the merger Read more: http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/120718/MModal-Inc_8-K/#ixzz2I973Zq9Q This was determ ...

New QA Incentive To Take Away MT Bonuses?
Jul 27, 2013

This is from Nuance's ad for QA/QC: "Are you tired of reviewing documents with multiple blanks and multiple errors and being reimbursed the same as you are for reviewing documents with a couple blanks? How would you like to increase your earning potential just for doing what you do best? ...looking for high producing, high quality Quality Control Editors who have the ability and drive to add significant value to reviewed documents. We are now offering an aggressive reimbursement incentive f ...

Question About Bonuses
Apr 03, 2014

I am still in my 90-day period and I am wondering if any seasoned employees can tell me how much extra money the bonuses for weekly production and attendance can add to my check after I am eligable? A rough estiamte or if anyone knows the breakdown I would really apperciate it. I also know a lot of you hate Nuance here and I don't want to hear from aynone saying negative things, I just want facts please. TYIA ...

Bonuses For July?
Jul 08, 2014

Does anyone know when the bonus checks go out for the 99.5% April-June period?  I never had one before so never paid attention lol ...

Sign On Bonuses
May 12, 2015

Hi Everyone! Just wondering if the sign on bonuses are real? It all seems kinda fishy to me. I have been an editor for 3 years now and was thinking about trying to expand my career and move to full transcription. I have been looking for different companies and jobs etc. I currently make .05 per line and it just doesn't seem to be enough. When it comes to the reports, I feel like i am pretty much typing the whole thing over again, so figured I could handle the full duty of the job. I a ...

Xmas Bonuses / Gifts
Dec 14, 2009

Personally not expecting anything, just curious if anyone else was lucky.  Last year we got a cookbook compiled by various people in the company that we got to print off ourselves.  Don't think they can top that.  However, on the upside this company keeps me in work and pays well.  I can't complain, or at least I shouldn't.  Let's hear it from anyone who did get or will be getting a little momento in the spirit of gift giving. ...

Xmas Bonuses And Gifts
Dec 22, 2010

Anybody from Webmedx receive anything besides a card?  ...

Sign On Bonuses Are Back?
Feb 28, 2012

I wonder if that is a sign of things to come?  ...

Does Nuance Have Production Bonuses? Nm
Aug 28, 2012

nm ...

She Is Making $350,000/year/+bonuses
Oct 15, 2012

What a load of BS ...

Miss The Old Days When There Were Bonuses!
Nov 27, 2013

Miss the old days when there were bonuses! 16 years ago old boss who had her own Transcription company hired someone to delivery Christmas tray with Santa in middle,surrounded by Christmas candy, with a bonus check for $50 on the tray. Those days are LOOOONNNNNNG GONE. Let's put our Pollyanna glasses on for a minute and pretend our 37 million dollar CEO is going to give up one of his millions and divide it amongst us. Miracles happen, right? ...

Transcend ?? Bonuses/shift Differentials??
Apr 22, 2011

I see Transcend is offering 12 hour windows (which is one of the things that keeps me at WMX right now.) Can anyone tell me about bonus plan and/or weekend or shift differentials?  I know there are people who love and hate every company, just looking for what might be a better fit for me.   VR, high percentage ESL.. these are a given in this profession anymore.  I just want to have the bottom line (my paycheck) be something I can live with.   ...

Wow, Cbay India Gets Bonuses And Free
May 23, 2011

medical insurance for family, plus a gym and workout facility, and also monthly bonuses.  I think I may just apply, would probably be better off than I am now.  You think they'll care that i live in the United States? ...

Thinking Of Coming Bac. Ins Looks Good. What About Bonuses? Nm
Nov 10, 2012

nm ...

When Are Quarterly Bonuses Paid Out This Month?
Dec 29, 2013

When are quarterly bonuses paid out this month? ...

Were Quarterly Bonuses Deposited Today? Sm
Jan 31, 2014

Thought I qualified, but have heard nothing and received nada. Anyone? TIA. ...

QC Bonuses For Finding Errors In Place Yet?
Feb 13, 2014

Must be my turn to be audited.  Got one yesterday and one today.  Don't you just love getting up and signing on to find this crap.   contesting one, for sure I believe I am right, but we will see.  THis one  is more or less open to personal style or opinion.  Grrrrrr. ...

Chaps. The Q Offering $1000 Sign-on Bonuses For
Dec 21, 2010

Choke.   ...

Anyone Work For A Company That Offers Quarterly Bonuses? 
Oct 14, 2011

Anyone work for a company that offers quarterly bonuses?  ...

Want Work From Nuance With Bonuses? Move To India.
Nov 11, 2012

Check out the bonuses for employees in India. My thought is the big N is making a move to transport as many MT jobs to India as possible (low work volumes) and employees in US are getting what is left behind. Home-based employees in India send reports to QA or Editor. If it goes to Editor, Bingo, maybe that's your job, correcting what someone in a foreign market cannot possibly understand. Makes perfect sense for Nuance. Maybe Obama will stick it to them with taxes for exporting our jobs so ...

Aren't Bonuses Supposed To Be Paid Out Tomorrow?
Jul 30, 2013

Aren't bonuses supposed to be paid out tomorrow?  I went on to ADP because normally your check that is coming will show up a day or two in advance and there is nothing there so I guess that means no bonus.  I got one last time and I thought this will probably the last one I ever get with this company due to the new errors that I have all of a sudden started making after 15 years of typing.  ...

In-house Job
Oct 14, 2010

I applied for an in-house transcription job in August back at my old pre-MQ hospital.  They decided the work load was too light (they had lost Radiology) and we not going to fill it at that time.  Another position has been vacated and I got a call from a friend that they are definitely filling it this time.  There were only 2 qualified applicants in August.  I am hoping the other person found something great already.  I have my fingers crossed, am nervous, and need ...

In-house Pay?
Nov 09, 2011

I really have no idea if this is fair compensation or not, but I am looking at a job that is an in-house MT job, a 45-minute one-way commute, with full benefits, and the pay is 0.075 cpl.  The job will not come home, and the pay will only increase every year. Any opinions? ...