A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I haven't seen any increase. This is on their ad posted today. - nuancemt

Posted: Apr 27, 2012

We offer a multitude of benefits:

•  Increased line production rates

•  A 6-tier bi-weekly incentive plan that rewards for quality and productivity

And I'll add that if there was a pay increase WITHOUT that stupid incentive plan...... - nuancemt

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd probably quit my B *$%#ING about being a MT.

Huh? Nuance is offering BIWEEKLY incentive? - I am very interested and hopeful. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
This sounds unequivocably different from before--and great.

Increased line rates? What does THIS mean? Undefined, yes, but it does not sound like the rate decreases we've come to fear every few months over the past few years. Has a turning point been reached?

Glad you're hopeful. Good luck getting the bonus. - me

[ In Reply To ..]

The ad is misleading. - plain and simple.

[ In Reply To ..]
to bad you have get in and actually start working before you figure that out.

And the 6 tier incentive plan is a joke and practically nonexistant.

Just calling a spade a spade.
I called that spade 6 months ago when I was hired. - nuancemt
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just biding my time for now.
Hey, clue me in. How does one fight for oneself while - determining to be a victim? SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Let's ask what those phrases mean and when they come into effect for existing employees.
I wouldn't know since I'm not a victim. - I refuse to work under such circumstances.
[ In Reply To ..]
And who are you? The Nuance spokes person?
take the stick out of your arse. Geez. - mt4ever
[ In Reply To ..]

increased line rates - Wornout MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not heard of any increase in line rates and the bi-weekly incentive has been there for awhile, but it is the same.
Increased line rates? - cjjmt
[ In Reply To ..]

I just don't believe it. I applied for a QME position six months ago and the pay per hour was so insulting I highly doubt they will increase that pay either. I had to participate in A LOT of testing which is fine but for what I was put thru I was assuming the pay would reflect that!  

Similar Messages:

Are Timecards Approved Today? Haven't Heard From My TL. NM
Apr 14, 2014

xx ...

Anyone Else See The AllType Ad Posted Today (on Another Site)? Sm
Jan 02, 2012

It's on one of the other job sites that posts all kinds of transcription work.  I thought AllType was bought by MQ, no?  Why would they be posting under the AllType name rather than MQ?  ...

I Need To Increase My Pay....
Feb 08, 2012

....as I'm about ready to get kicked out.  I have been working like crazy and was shocked when I saw my paycheck but at least I have a job.  Please tell me what I can do to get more lines per hour.  If I turn the clock off when I get up, then I have to make up that time to get my eight hours in.  Too tired by the end of when my shift is to stop to do more typing/vr.  I need hints/ideas/etc!!!!!  Thanks :) ...

Trying To Increase Speed...
Sep 25, 2010

Does anyone have any hints/suggestions/help for working more quickly in Powerscribe editing radiology reports?  The program seems a bit sluggish and you have to wait on it when you want to go on to the next step/next report.  Any hints for copying/pasting more quickly, etc?  Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to increase my speed.  TIA ...

Best Way To Increase Lines
Jun 27, 2013

I've been doing work via escription for about a month and a half now (Transcriptionist most of my life) and i really like it.  I am just up to about an average of 300 lines per hour though. I have heard/seen people do much better with the line count, and I wonder what your input is.  Some say that you shouldnt use the mouse and should only use the keyboard for quick editing.  I use the mouse still. I have my short cuts in and such, but for the most part i keep my hand on the ...

How Can I Increase Productivity?
Apr 23, 2015

I do transcription work for several different doctors and get a lot of pre-generated reports that just need editing.  Is there anything at all that I can do to increase productivity? Thank you all!  ...

Haven't Even Graduated...
Jan 11, 2010

..well, I'm really close to finishing. It seems as though, based off things said here, I've made a bad decision. Oh well, I'm almost done, so I mine as well finish and sit for the RMT exam. I actually am applying to school for respiratory therapy. Any newbie's have anything positive to say about their experiences getting started as an MT? I hate to have a negative attitude, that's really not how I am, but sometimes you have to be realistic. I'll still apply to MT jo ...

Haven't Had E-mail From CCM Since 07/08.
Jul 14, 2010

??? ...

Haven't Heard Anything
Jul 14, 2011

Hi everyone I feel like I just have to vent a little.  Hope that's okay.  I've been a transcriptionist for a long time (17 years) but I am beginning to believe that I must really stink !!   I had applied to Transtech and Transolutions and haven't heard a word.   I am thinking it's me.  I currently work nights from home and I swear I have not heard dictators like the ones I have been getting, all ESL and I can barely tell what they are talki ...

Are There Still Some Of You With No Work?? I Haven't Had A
Jan 04, 2013

report in over 2 hours.  I'm thankful this is not my family's main source of income but I do need what I used to make.  As I said before, I am collecting partial SUI for times like these but really guys, how can we remain employed by a company who does not give us work????  I'm sorry once again for venting.  ...

Haven't Been Here In Awhile
Nov 29, 2013

and though I am not thrilled with the pay at my new job after leaving Transcend/Nuance, reading this reminds me why I did leave and reminds me of how stressed I was with them.  I have been contacted by lawyers that really seem to be working the class action case.  Maybe there's hope on the horizon.  ...

Where Is Whodat? I Haven't Seen Any
Mar 16, 2014

posts by her recently?  Whodat, if you see this post, let us know what's up and how you are. ...

Is The System Down? Haven't Been Able To
Apr 15, 2015

x ...

Idea To Increase Production
Apr 27, 2010

A while back I was trying to think of some things to increase my production, so I sat down with paper and pencil and made a list of the biggest things that were slowing me down.  At the top of the list were three main things:  Nine different accounts with nine totally different CPs, ESLs, and ASR.  I decided to work on the CPs first.  This one little trick has actually DOUBLED my production over the last two months.  My thought was that maybe if I had all the CPs for all ...

Increase Line Counts?
Jun 26, 2010

I kind of feel dumb even asking this question but how does one get these 300 lph counts I've read about on here?  I have 12 years plus years experience and have only worked in 2 different hospitals.  We never had expanders so I don't really know much about them.  I average about 180 lph but am realizing now working for an MTSO that I am going to have to increase my line counts.  Thanks! ...

What Caused An Increase In Shorter
Dec 22, 2010

Not long ago, work was abundant for all MTs, but then it seemed that changed when for some reason, turn around times were shortened markedly.  What caused this?  Was is just a new way for companies to compete, promising that the work would get back sooner than a client's current MT service, or did something more technical occur, such as government regulations, insurance requirements, etc.  I see jobs by the hundreds on the web and yet the complaint is always the same: No work ...

Increase In Cost Of Benefits
Mar 09, 2011

Help!!! Okay, I've been working PT for MQ for 7 long years.  I am considering going FT just for the benefits because no one can live off of minimum wage. Because information on open enrollment will not be available until late April/May for June 2011, I need to know if the rates normally go up and by about how much?  Please, I only want to hear from MQ (not recently new to MQ from Spheris or non-MQ people) people who have been full time for the ...

What Are Some Ways To Increase Productivity? Nm
Apr 17, 2011

x ...

Can You Increase Volume In Emdat
Jul 26, 2011

My Emdat voice quality has been very low recently.  Unfortunately my ear phone cord broke and I ordered new earphones but it's just a whisper.  I've increased the volume button on Emdat, but wondered if there is a way to increase the volume otherwise.  I've done everything on my computer to make the volume loud but it doesn't work. I just ordered a new 2nd set of earphones along with a volume increase thing from Amazon and was so excited to get it in today.&nb ...

How Do You Increase Sound Quality? Sm
Jul 11, 2012

I have a service that rerecords from the hospital server and then we download from the service's server.  The sound quality is absolutely atrocious by the time it comes to the MT with most jobs sounding like they were dictated on a cell phone inside a cardboard box.  I am presently using a Boostaroo which make the audio louder but does nothing to clean it up.  Is there something I can buy that will improve the quality?  TIA ...

Increase Dictation Volume?
Jul 24, 2012

Is there anything at all I can do to increase the dictation sound volume when I get these whisperers or people using cell phones, etc, and I can hardly hear them?  I guess some of them are just sitting too far away from the dictating equipment, but they are never going to change.  They are always going to be barely audible. Is there anything I can do or buy to amplify the sound with these dictators?  I already have my computer and speakers set on the highest volume.  I' ...

Boost - According To Testimonial, A Bit Over $130 Pay Increase.
Jul 27, 2012

Boost didn't help me like that at all. In fact, it didn't make any difference at all in my production. Only learned tricks to keep my inactive time showing as less. Also, according to statistics given in the statistics report, I am producing about the same as most others - which is still minimum wage (in my state). Even the average production is barely above minimum wage (in my state). ...

Performance Review And Increase
Aug 28, 2012

I have a feeling I am going to get laughed right off of this page, but here goes. At any point does Nuance offer a performance review and/or pay increase?  Also, has anyone ever threatened to quit and were offered an increase to stay?   ...

3% Increase In Hourly Earning
Apr 17, 2013

how can that be when there is no work.  I surely have not had an increase.  I am lucky if I get 40 hours in 2 weeks instead of 1 week.  What a joke! ...

I Took An IC Job With A National And Haven't Really Ever Worked As An IC Before.
Apr 29, 2012

Basically, it's been working out fine until one day last week when I received an email from the transcription manager saying that was "short on my time" on one specific day.  I was confused because while I agreed to work first shift on specific days, I wasn't aware that I was strictly held to a specific schedule and wondered how they were keeping track of my hours worked because I do not punch a time clock.  I assume they are keeping track of the hours I'm logged onto th ...

I Was Told That If You Are At Of Work You Haven't
Oct 30, 2012

Asked for work, that there is plenty of work and they need lots of MTs to handle all the work.  I was born at night but it wasn't last night and I'm sure you aren't posting there isn't work because you are so busy working OT. ...

Haven't Heard From My TSM Since Friday
Oct 07, 2013

that's odd.. anybody else? ...

So How Many Of Us Are Left, Who Haven't Heard Either Way ...
Mar 20, 2014

... besides me? ...

Wow ... It's True ... I Haven't Had The Same 2 Accounts All Day
Oct 24, 2014

I've been all over the place today, from California to New York and everywhere in between, and not a single report from ANY of my "primaries" ... not even one.  There doesn't seem to be ANY rhyme or reason to the type or location of the reports I've gotten ... it's crazy.  It's like a switch has been flipped since yesterday, and I also notice my Teamwork timecard has my manager's name changed to the new one.  Guess this is what my work flow will look ...

There Is Mild Increase In The Nasopharyngeal S/l Torrus With SUV Of 6.6. TIA ~nm~
Oct 27, 2009

xx ...