A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

3% increase in hourly earning - mae

Posted: Apr 17, 2013

how can that be when there is no work.  I surely have not had an increase.  I am lucky if I get 40 hours in 2 weeks instead of 1 week.  What a joke!

thats cause we are so QUICK now - quick, quick, quick

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

To make up for a 60% pay cut. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
They just talk about the success for the company but not about the MTs.

Similar Messages:

Earning PTO
Jan 21, 2015

Along with the huge pay cut at the courtesy of Nuance with their compensation pay plan, it seems I am not accruing PTO as quickly as before as well!  Can someone tell me how this is accrued?  ...

Has Anyone Ever Suffered The Displeasure Of Earning...
Dec 16, 2011

$1 per 3 minutes of "audio?" That's right, $1 per 3 minutes! Wasn't it supposed to be $1 per minute, the "going rate" for the past several decades...?! It seems to me, $1 per 3 minutes would yield approximately 3.3 cents per line, based on the old .10 per line rate...(I repeat, old rate)....and also, the $1 per 1 minute rule-of-thumb was supposed to be based on "decent" dictators, most of whom are extremely fast, as we know, so $1 per 3 minutes would likely be even less than 3 cen ...

Wondering How Long The Rest Of You Sit Here Earning No Money (sm)
Mar 27, 2013

clocking in and out.  Punching in and typing 1 or 2 resports, clocking out, a job downloads, clock in, type, NJA, clock out.  Punching in and out is time consuming and affects the little line count that I am getting!!! I've been doing this now for 4 hours and I'm done.  Fire me, PLEASE, but I am not sitting here without consistent work punching that stupid time clock in and out all day long and not getting paid.  I have much better things to punch. I'M SO ...

I Need To Increase My Pay....
Feb 08, 2012

....as I'm about ready to get kicked out.  I have been working like crazy and was shocked when I saw my paycheck but at least I have a job.  Please tell me what I can do to get more lines per hour.  If I turn the clock off when I get up, then I have to make up that time to get my eight hours in.  Too tired by the end of when my shift is to stop to do more typing/vr.  I need hints/ideas/etc!!!!!  Thanks :) ...

Trying To Increase Speed...
Sep 25, 2010

Does anyone have any hints/suggestions/help for working more quickly in Powerscribe editing radiology reports?  The program seems a bit sluggish and you have to wait on it when you want to go on to the next step/next report.  Any hints for copying/pasting more quickly, etc?  Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to increase my speed.  TIA ...

Best Way To Increase Lines
Jun 27, 2013

I've been doing work via escription for about a month and a half now (Transcriptionist most of my life) and i really like it.  I am just up to about an average of 300 lines per hour though. I have heard/seen people do much better with the line count, and I wonder what your input is.  Some say that you shouldnt use the mouse and should only use the keyboard for quick editing.  I use the mouse still. I have my short cuts in and such, but for the most part i keep my hand on the ...

How Can I Increase Productivity?
Apr 23, 2015

I do transcription work for several different doctors and get a lot of pre-generated reports that just need editing.  Is there anything at all that I can do to increase productivity? Thank you all!  ...

Idea To Increase Production
Apr 27, 2010

A while back I was trying to think of some things to increase my production, so I sat down with paper and pencil and made a list of the biggest things that were slowing me down.  At the top of the list were three main things:  Nine different accounts with nine totally different CPs, ESLs, and ASR.  I decided to work on the CPs first.  This one little trick has actually DOUBLED my production over the last two months.  My thought was that maybe if I had all the CPs for all ...

Increase Line Counts?
Jun 26, 2010

I kind of feel dumb even asking this question but how does one get these 300 lph counts I've read about on here?  I have 12 years plus years experience and have only worked in 2 different hospitals.  We never had expanders so I don't really know much about them.  I average about 180 lph but am realizing now working for an MTSO that I am going to have to increase my line counts.  Thanks! ...

What Caused An Increase In Shorter
Dec 22, 2010

Not long ago, work was abundant for all MTs, but then it seemed that changed when for some reason, turn around times were shortened markedly.  What caused this?  Was is just a new way for companies to compete, promising that the work would get back sooner than a client's current MT service, or did something more technical occur, such as government regulations, insurance requirements, etc.  I see jobs by the hundreds on the web and yet the complaint is always the same: No work ...

Increase In Cost Of Benefits
Mar 09, 2011

Help!!! Okay, I've been working PT for MQ for 7 long years.  I am considering going FT just for the benefits because no one can live off of minimum wage. Because information on open enrollment will not be available until late April/May for June 2011, I need to know if the rates normally go up and by about how much?  Please, I only want to hear from MQ (not recently new to MQ from Spheris or non-MQ people) people who have been full time for the ...

What Are Some Ways To Increase Productivity? Nm
Apr 17, 2011

x ...

Can You Increase Volume In Emdat
Jul 26, 2011

My Emdat voice quality has been very low recently.  Unfortunately my ear phone cord broke and I ordered new earphones but it's just a whisper.  I've increased the volume button on Emdat, but wondered if there is a way to increase the volume otherwise.  I've done everything on my computer to make the volume loud but it doesn't work. I just ordered a new 2nd set of earphones along with a volume increase thing from Amazon and was so excited to get it in today.&nb ...

How Do You Increase Sound Quality? Sm
Jul 11, 2012

I have a service that rerecords from the hospital server and then we download from the service's server.  The sound quality is absolutely atrocious by the time it comes to the MT with most jobs sounding like they were dictated on a cell phone inside a cardboard box.  I am presently using a Boostaroo which make the audio louder but does nothing to clean it up.  Is there something I can buy that will improve the quality?  TIA ...

Increase Dictation Volume?
Jul 24, 2012

Is there anything at all I can do to increase the dictation sound volume when I get these whisperers or people using cell phones, etc, and I can hardly hear them?  I guess some of them are just sitting too far away from the dictating equipment, but they are never going to change.  They are always going to be barely audible. Is there anything I can do or buy to amplify the sound with these dictators?  I already have my computer and speakers set on the highest volume.  I' ...

Boost - According To Testimonial, A Bit Over $130 Pay Increase.
Jul 27, 2012

Boost didn't help me like that at all. In fact, it didn't make any difference at all in my production. Only learned tricks to keep my inactive time showing as less. Also, according to statistics given in the statistics report, I am producing about the same as most others - which is still minimum wage (in my state). Even the average production is barely above minimum wage (in my state). ...

Performance Review And Increase
Aug 28, 2012

I have a feeling I am going to get laughed right off of this page, but here goes. At any point does Nuance offer a performance review and/or pay increase?  Also, has anyone ever threatened to quit and were offered an increase to stay?   ...

There Is Mild Increase In The Nasopharyngeal S/l Torrus With SUV Of 6.6. TIA ~nm~
Oct 27, 2009

xx ...

Question About Zillionth Of A Cent Increase ? Sm
Apr 13, 2010

remember email few weeks back with our so-called "increase" in line rate.  mine was an magnificent 0.001 per line but didn't show up in last paycheck.   Was this error/missed or did they decide we weren't worthy of that huge amount of money either.   ohhhh my aching head .... ...

Feng Shui To Increase Production?
Sep 29, 2011

Has anyone arranged their workspace using feng shui, and have you seen a difference in production/income because of it? I am willing to try anything to get a self-imposed raise at this point. It could be mumbo-jumbo, but it has been around for thousands of years.  Perhaps there is something to it?  Thanks for any replies and suggestions.  ...

I Haven't Seen Any Increase. This Is On Their Ad Posted Today.
Apr 27, 2012

We offer a multitude of benefits: •  Increased line production rates •  A 6-tier bi-weekly incentive plan that rewards for quality and productivity ...

Don't They Realize These Calls Do Not Increase Moral But Rather
Oct 15, 2012

It's no secret that on the charts and pies, there is the "elite" mgt team where all the money is funneled and then the lowly worker bees, aka MLS who allow that mgt team to enjoy the life they've become so accustomed to.  Why bother to have such a call to just rub it in everyone's face?  ...

Salary Increase Expectations After Getting CPC, CCS Credentials
Feb 03, 2013

I just landed an entry-level position as a hospital outpatient coder!  Yay!  It is a foot in the door towards my new career.  After I sit for and get my credentials (I have 0 experience in this field), I plan on giving my passing credentials to my HIM director and to HR.  Is it appropriate to ask HR when I do my hiring paperwork/orientation what salary increases are given for credentials and per credential?  I am not really sure that is the right time or place to discuss ...

Ideas To Increase Editing Productivity?
May 11, 2013

Since most of us are stuck editing for miniscule wages, lets share ideas on things you do, or have tried, to increase productivity. I haven't done editing for a long time so am experimenting with new things. Does anyone use their expansion software to perform commands like to quickly do reformatting? How about discontinuing duties you used to perform like searching for the first name of a doctor to CC? Timesavers when proofing, like ignoring the ROS and PE? How many can suces ...

Increase Her Basal Metabolic Temperature With Increasing *syn V 3*? Thanks. Nm
Mar 06, 2011

nm ...

Industry Wide Production Requirement Increase?
Apr 04, 2011

The company I work for just increased our production requirements from 220 to 240 LPH for ASR and for straight transcription from 150 to 160 LPH.  They gave their reason as industry-wide production requirement increases.  Anyone else out there have the same problem. ...

I Was Hoping To Find Some Info On How To Increase Line Count
Jun 30, 2012

but from the posts, I can see that everyone else is in the same boat I am.  I can only agree that this is the lowest paying MT job I've ever had and that the constant haranguing about working extra over the weekends is completley annoying.  I worked for 5.5 hours for Nuance the other day and made $47.  I then worked for a private client for 2.75 hours and made $82.  If only he had more work for me!  Unfortunately, I'm expecting him to go on the EMR this year an ...

Told By TSM To Increase Production But OOW And Bad Weather, Etc. Do Not Impact LPH As It Is Calculat
May 02, 2014

huh?   ...

She Has Had Fibroids In The Past And Was Told That S/L Fluck-oh-hush Could Increase The Size.
Aug 15, 2010

tia ...

Hourly PTO Pay
Jul 17, 2012

I just started with MModal a few months ago and I'm searching for the job offer that states the amount of $$$ we receive per hour in PTO.   Meanwhile, I thought I would come here and ask.  Is it $10 or $12 per hour?   I'm thinking it's one of those.  I could be getting these numbers mixed up with training pay though.  ...