A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Haven't Heard Anything - caninemom3

Posted: Jul 14, 2011

Hi everyone

I feel like I just have to vent a little.  Hope that's okay.  I've been a transcriptionist for a long time (17 years) but I am beginning to believe that I must really stink !!   I had applied to Transtech and Transolutions and haven't heard a word.   I am thinking it's me.  I currently work nights from home and I swear I have not heard dictators like the ones I have been getting, all ESL and I can barely tell what they are talking about.  I also had taken a transcription test for a company recently that I failed.  Maybe I should just leave the profession.  I am just really discouarged.    Has anyone here who has been in transcription ever failed a test after all your years of experience ??

Thank you everyone.  I appreciate your time xo

I failed numerous times! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I applied about 5 months ago to several different places and I failed three tests in two days! It was horrible! I felt so stupid and that maybe I was just a bad MT. So, don't feel bad! These tests are silly anyway. I swear a lot of them are rigged so you fail and are sent to a site that can help educate you to become an MT. I work at TT currently and I can tell you that work load is low, management is being quiet and rumor are spreading about them. Not sure if you would want to work there anyway!

Thanks So Much SM ! - caninemom3

[ In Reply To ..]

Thank you !!! I really appreciate you replying. I ALWAYS think it's ME. It makes me feel better that a colleague in the MT profession has had some disappointments and that it truly is not just me though I am sorry you had a miserable time with some of the tests.

If that is the case with TT maybe I should rethink things. I applied for oncology and felt I did pretty well on the transcription part but who knows..... I just wanted to go somewhere else because night shift is killing me and my current company does not have anything else right now.....Maybe just better to stay where I am for the time being. Thank you again xo

11 years here and fail miserably too! - Just me

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for an MTSO in the office for 6 months when they lost their biggest client. Of 10 employees, they held on to me to take what they had left. I'm not trying to brag or anything like that, but I was good at what I did. My problems were always in understanding the dictators. Even when I tested for the MTSO, I had lots of blanks. I told them if they gave me a little time to get used to how they speak, I could do it. They tried me, and I was with them for 11 years until the company went under. I would even get little messages from the supervisors of the clinics that whoever was doing the transcription was doing a great job. So sad that I am not working there anymore. I can't pass anything.

Me Too - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I failed two tests last week. I have been transcribing for 15 years and doing QA for 3.

After a little digging, I found out some of those MTTest tests have a glitch in them and if you don't save them just so, your answers don't upload correctly.

In addition if you capitalize a word in the blank boxes, it is marked as incorrect.

As to the ESL dictators, I have had the same thing happening. I begin to wonder if there are any Americans out there any more or are they just giving all the easy ones to the Off-Shore workers???

PS - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
after finding out the tests could get wonky, I took 2 more and passed them both (the multiple choice part that then allows entry into the transcription part). I passed both the transcription tests and heard back from a recruiter in both cases within 3 days.

Anon, what'd you do differently? Not capitalize - fill-in answers? ?? Thanks. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Test - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I made sure NOT to cap in the boxes. I also made sure to save each individual section and NOT go back and change any answers. I made sure they were right the first time. My understanding is the changes may not load correctly if you have already saved once.

I also researched pretty much every answer just to be 100% sure I was getting it right (even when I was 99% sure of the answer).

Transolutions test is the only one that dings you for taking too long on the multiple choice testing.

Good luck.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I suspect any MTSOs - coming by may thank you as well. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Me Three - oaf

[ In Reply To ..]
The tests for these companies are just plain STUPID! I have 35+ years experience and have failed the multiple choice/idiot questions part on two occasions also! I crack up when they offer to refer you to a transcription school. What does this have to do with the actual business of transcription I don't know. My QAs are always in the 98-99%, have been doing this since the 70s, so I know what the heck I'm doing!! It's just frustratining. Keep trying and good luck. Counting days to retirement!

Typo-meant frustrating.... - oaf

[ In Reply To ..]
frustrating!!

17 years here as well. Our stories are so similar..sm - what-a-day

[ In Reply To ..]
I failed a test today too (might be the same company. Was the test at "mttest"?). My day was a bummer as well. I could have easily written your post. Feel like hanging up the towel. At the end of the business day today, I did get one call, though, from a company that nobody likes on here. Might give them a try anyway.

Yes - Another Struggler Here - 20 yrs experience sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I just started with another company. It took me 5 hours to type 5 reports today. I had been applying to several ads, most of them with no response. I can't hardly take the stress of this profession anymore and have been looking for other work. I hope something better comes up soon.

I wish you the best of luck.

Thank You Everyone ! - caninemom3

[ In Reply To ..]

Thank you everyone ! It makes me feel better that I am definitely not alone. I hope everyone who is struggling is able to find positions where they are no longer struggling. I swear I had a dictation the other night and it sounded like the gentleman was saying he was Dr. Garbanzo Bean ! Of course I did not type that.

Thank you so much xo

Dr. Garbanzo Bean - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I think we work for the same company! I am pretty sure I had that same guy.

Transolutions - anonymouse

[ In Reply To ..]
When I applied with Transolutions, I took the testing and never heard back. I don't know what the deal was. So you're not the only one. Who do you work for now?

There was a very detailed post a while ago about - the problems with MTtest sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and the correct way to take the test. As I recall, a part of it had to do with the save feature. Many were failing that test and could not figure out why. I saved that post in my favorites. If someone wants me to retype it here, I will do so. I don't know if I could copy and paste it.

Transolutions testing/response - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I took the test and got an e-mail about 3-4 days later telling me I had passed the test and they would get in touch within 3-5 days, as they had received a ton of applications/tests.

I am still waiting and hoping they actually call.

Taking tests - Happy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Tested couple of years back. I knew I did well on the medical terminology part of the test (20 year MT). The thing I had trouble with (being out of high school for 41 years), was the proper rule for some English grammar questions. Who the heck remembers what kind of phrases they call things. I also failed, but I questioned them about it because I knew exactly which questions I had trouble with it and they had NOTHING to do with medical transcription, only stupid English grammar questions, even if you could type the sentence correctly, didn't know the name of the rule for it. They actually offered me a job after I pointed that out but I did not accept, something else came up. So it's the stupid English rules that hung me up, NOT the medical part at all and once I pointed that out to someone, they reconsidered. I think they realized I was right and offered me a job, once they realized how dumb some of their questions were.

Taking Tests - caninemom3

[ In Reply To ..]

I agree !! It was not the medical questions I had a problem with, it was a stupid grammer part of whether or not a sentence was a fragment,complete, or run on. We all know doctors ALWAYS speak in perfectly correct grammer don' we !! LOL

Nevertheless, I failed the test ......sigh

Similar Messages:

Haven't Heard From My TSM Since Friday
Oct 07, 2013

that's odd.. anybody else? ...

So How Many Of Us Are Left, Who Haven't Heard Either Way ...
Mar 20, 2014

... besides me? ...

Still Haven't Heard Anything About Coding Program
Mar 20, 2014

Guess I'll be going to school since I really, really want to go into coding. ...

Anyone With TSM Initials JM, Haven't Heard A Thing About SM
Sep 30, 2014

or much of anyting else unless SHE wants something?   No help at all. ...

Are Timecards Approved Today? Haven't Heard From My TL. NM
Apr 14, 2014

xx ...

Is This A New Doctors "slang" That I Haven't Heard
Feb 15, 2010

Is this some kind of doctorize for ligament laxity, or something else entirely?? Would welcome any help here. Examination under moderate sedation showed a positive Lachman, questionable s/l "lilax" (not relax) posterior cruciate and lateral collateral and a third-degree MCL. ...

Haven't Even Graduated...
Jan 11, 2010

..well, I'm really close to finishing. It seems as though, based off things said here, I've made a bad decision. Oh well, I'm almost done, so I mine as well finish and sit for the RMT exam. I actually am applying to school for respiratory therapy. Any newbie's have anything positive to say about their experiences getting started as an MT? I hate to have a negative attitude, that's really not how I am, but sometimes you have to be realistic. I'll still apply to MT jo ...

Haven't Had E-mail From CCM Since 07/08.
Jul 14, 2010

??? ...

Are There Still Some Of You With No Work?? I Haven't Had A
Jan 04, 2013

report in over 2 hours.  I'm thankful this is not my family's main source of income but I do need what I used to make.  As I said before, I am collecting partial SUI for times like these but really guys, how can we remain employed by a company who does not give us work????  I'm sorry once again for venting.  ...

Haven't Been Here In Awhile
Nov 29, 2013

and though I am not thrilled with the pay at my new job after leaving Transcend/Nuance, reading this reminds me why I did leave and reminds me of how stressed I was with them.  I have been contacted by lawyers that really seem to be working the class action case.  Maybe there's hope on the horizon.  ...

Where Is Whodat? I Haven't Seen Any
Mar 16, 2014

posts by her recently?  Whodat, if you see this post, let us know what's up and how you are. ...

Is The System Down? Haven't Been Able To
Apr 15, 2015

x ...

I Took An IC Job With A National And Haven't Really Ever Worked As An IC Before.
Apr 29, 2012

Basically, it's been working out fine until one day last week when I received an email from the transcription manager saying that was "short on my time" on one specific day.  I was confused because while I agreed to work first shift on specific days, I wasn't aware that I was strictly held to a specific schedule and wondered how they were keeping track of my hours worked because I do not punch a time clock.  I assume they are keeping track of the hours I'm logged onto th ...

I Was Told That If You Are At Of Work You Haven't
Oct 30, 2012

Asked for work, that there is plenty of work and they need lots of MTs to handle all the work.  I was born at night but it wasn't last night and I'm sure you aren't posting there isn't work because you are so busy working OT. ...

Wow ... It's True ... I Haven't Had The Same 2 Accounts All Day
Oct 24, 2014

I've been all over the place today, from California to New York and everywhere in between, and not a single report from ANY of my "primaries" ... not even one.  There doesn't seem to be ANY rhyme or reason to the type or location of the reports I've gotten ... it's crazy.  It's like a switch has been flipped since yesterday, and I also notice my Teamwork timecard has my manager's name changed to the new one.  Guess this is what my work flow will look ...

I Haven't Been To This Board In A Month And It Is The Same Old Song
Oct 14, 2010

I swear I stopped coming to this board a month or two ago, and today is my first day coming back and it is the same thing!  Oh, MT is not what is used to be...oh, we make minimum wage...oh, I hate my life....oh, blah blah blah.  If you hate it so bad, then quit and go work at McDonald's!  Leave this business and give us MTs who enjoy their job more work to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

I Haven't Been Able To Access My Email For Days.
Dec 26, 2010

Is this more than just the standard ASR pay cut?  Please tell me no.  It's CHRISTMAS! ...

Haven't Seen Any Posts About Oracle Lately. Is Everyone Still Happy?
Mar 05, 2011

x ...

Haven't Been Paid By Client Since Aug --WWYD?
Sep 30, 2011

I'm an IC but I don't work for any company, I have my own clients. One of my clients hasn't paid me since August, claiming a cash flow problem and they stated they "want to pay me asap". Well here I sit, tons of work to be transcribed from them but NO motivation because I'm behind on MY bills (IRS, etc) due to them not paying me. My husband says wait until the 15th of October when they for sure will have my September's work bill and then tell them pay or I quit and wi ...

I Requested To Go PT TWO FULL Weeks Ago And Still Haven't
Nov 28, 2011

heard a yes or no from my CCM.  She has answered other emails that I had sent AFTER that so I KNOW she got the email.  Can she actually deny my request to go PT?  Can I only do this at a certain time of the year?  Anyone who has dropped to PT, I'd love to hear from you about this.  I think it's really rude that she is not getting back to me about it.  Is she hoping I will change my mind if she ignores me?  Can she really say, "no, either work FT or n ...

I Haven't Seen Any Increase. This Is On Their Ad Posted Today.
Apr 27, 2012

We offer a multitude of benefits: •  Increased line production rates •  A 6-tier bi-weekly incentive plan that rewards for quality and productivity ...

Haven't Had Anything In FIESA Since I Went Part Time.
Aug 04, 2013

It's been SOOO nice! ...

Still Haven't Approved Time Card Because Am Waiting For
Feb 17, 2010

a correction to be made (it's been 3 days!).  I'm wondering if I should go ahead and approve it anyway, even though if I do I will be short 3 hours for the week w/o the correction.  I'm afraid I won't be paid at all if I don't approve.  Does anyone know if you still get paid if your time card is not approved or approved late?  I wonder how long I should wait?  TIA ...

Haven't Been On This Board In A Long Time And Have A Question. SM
Dec 22, 2010

I see one page of posts, doesn't seem to go to a page 2, and so on.  Company board goes from today at 4 p.m., to the 14th of Dec and no option of a 2nd page.    Does the board now automatically archive after a page is full?    Thanks.  ...

Haven't You All Noticed How Our Health Care Bills Have Gone Down Since
Aug 05, 2011

cutting the throats of MTs.  LOL ...

Looking For Part-time..haven't Worked In Over 3 Years
Aug 15, 2012

I am looking for part-time work.  I haven't worked in transcription for over 3 years but have extensive experience.  Any suggestions on a company? ...

Haven't Logged On To Intranet For So Long, I Can't Remember UN Or PW...any Help On What We
Sep 27, 2013

nm ...

VMC Still Listed As My Primary, Haven't Worked It In Weeks Because They
Oct 03, 2014

I get to work a horrible account where there are 3 native English speakers per 300 ESLs. Making less than minimum wage watching my 4-year familiar account being typed by my replacements. THIS is the only Nuance you newer MTs can expect.  ...

Does Our "abbreviation" Notify Us If We Lose An Acct? I Haven't Had Sm
Jan 16, 2013

anything from one of my regular accounts now for over a week and now I'm wondering.  I'm also wondering if I still have a manager (or whatever abbreviation they are this week) anymore as I haven't heard a peep about anything in quite a while.  Maybe I don't even work here anymore, who knows.  ...

Anyone Heard Of This?
Oct 25, 2009

Okay, am I insane?  The MD is starting a SOAP note of someone having a physical exam to make sure she is safe before receiving sedation for an MRI.  The first sentence is: Patient is here for a pre-NSTA physical.    pre-NSTA???...has anyone heard of that before...done lots of research, but of course, the most hits I get are for the National Science Teachers Association...and I KNOW that is not it...ugh!  Little help please! ...