A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Boost - according to testimonial, a bit over $130 pay increase. - Why not me?

Posted: Jul 27, 2012

Boost didn't help me like that at all. In fact, it didn't make any difference at all in my production. Only learned tricks to keep my inactive time showing as less. Also, according to statistics given in the statistics report, I am producing about the same as most others - which is still minimum wage (in my state). Even the average production is barely above minimum wage (in my state).

Because they only measured inactive time - faulty logic

[ In Reply To ..]
That was their whole focus, inactive time. They assumed that inactive time means going to the bathroom or getting a cup of coffee. It is their whole goal to get us to sit in our chair our entire shift with no break. Ever. Even working in the clinic I got a paid 15 minute break. I was even allowed to use the bathroom. Not here though.

There is no focus on what actually is included in inactive time, research. They should make it easier to dig up old reports, have us spend less time on ADT screens and typing carbon copies. There is no emphasis on better research websites and certainly no mention of doctors to some common sense dictation practices so we would not have to pull out samples to compare. It is all about squeezing every last drop of production out of the employee.

It has been stated before that there is a gap between producing the company minimum and having the company kick in money to bring you to minimum and the line count actually required to earn minimum wage itself. Those in that gap basically work harder for free. Perhaps that is why you did not see a difference. You are correct that the 250 line average production for SR is scraping minimum wage for some states.

Boost - OldNTiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, my production jumped up immediately after I had the mentoring session. I still haven't "added-in" all the stuff I need to yet tho, and sure that will help (when I get to it). Only 2 weeks out, but producing give/take 500 more lines per shift.

Well-arn't you the lucky one-- - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]
You sound just like the M*Modal cheerleader-Amy. Boost all the lines you want--it's still minimum wage.

Wish I could see that kind of change, although still minimum wage. - why not me

[ In Reply To ..]
The only thing that seems to be holding me back is the lack of quality of their ASR. I already used every shortcut known to DQS. They think I am great because my inactive time became so small, but really the only difference in that is I learned how to play that game. As is for most people, inactive time does not necessarily translate into line output, but we are still working (!). Add to that being meticulous about report quality.

Still wishing for the miracle they promised. Trouble is, they aren't getting the miracle they think they have and are on a forever trip down de-nile.

gotta ask- did they recommend mouse or no mouse - interested

[ In Reply To ..]
I for one am glad to hear that it helped you. I know the debate rages on whether keyboard shortcuts are faster or using the mouse is faster. Just curious what the BOOST is promoting and what you were using before.

To mouse or not to mouse..that is the question. LOL - OldNTiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
No mouse recommended...but I had already been trying to "wean" myself off of it after years of use/abuse. Admittedly, the short-cuts do help..the key is to "hit" them without thinking...only time and patience will help I fear (at least with me).

I wasn't given any shortcuts. I was told to work longer, - faster and clock out for potty.

[ In Reply To ..]
nmmmm
I was told to retype more (of the garbage). - dnr
[ In Reply To ..]
Doesn't that take the cake. I am probably going to get in trouble for "excessive" use of F11 again because I have put in 2 tickets in 2 days. I really would like to be paid for the work I do - as would all of us!

What a crock of #%^$#% - Disgusted

[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps if I had a catheter, colostomy bag and IV so I would never have to get up, and if I had no life, it might make a difference. Wonder who the idiot MT is they are quoting.

Whoa little Missy... - OldNTiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Just because it HELPED ME is no reason to get "ugly". Instead of being so belligerent, did it even cross your mind for one moment that I was doing HORRENDOUS before the help? I am a fellow MT, fighting the same "war" you are and yet you felt justified in calling me an idiot. If ya were one of my kids, I'd tell ya shame/shame.

Disgusted...I'm truly sorry... - OldNTiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
If my response was unkind. But, to me, the bottom line here is we are ALL in the same boat and vividly aware of the conditions we work under for pay garnered. At this stage of the game, I would hope that we can all agree that encouragement is needed whenever possible, as well as hints, ideas. The Boost program most definitely helped me and evidently has others. I guess the big question is, why would ya want to knock it most especially if ya haven't tried it? How is that helpful...to anyone?
I don't think she was replying to you Old - Drone
[ In Reply To ..]
I think she was saying the Boost Initiative is a crock of well, you know.
Don't feel too bad, OldNTired - frodis
[ In Reply To ..]
I did Boost too, and I immediately saw a jump in my stats. I know it depends on a lot of factors (CCM, clients, etc) but Boost isn't unilaterally a bad thing.

For me, the key was owning my BS, stop and realize why I was AFK and take steps to minimize it. I have focus issues that I have to battle every minute of every day, and I had stopped doing that. I still take breaks, at my desk and away from it, and on days when I do that, my stats are much better. I haven't done so well the past couple of weeks, but I know how to right the ship.

Everybody's situation is different. Boost worked pretty well for me, but I guess it won't for everyone.

I had to increase my inactive time again, because was making too many mistakes with less NM - SBH

[ In Reply To ..]
z

Bottom line---it is STILL minimum wage. - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]

You said it, Lee. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Boost
May 17, 2012

I was wondering what happens when we start to run low on work.  Does Boost accommodate this in our scoring.  ...

How Can We Boost Production When ASR Is So Bad
Mar 19, 2012

How can we be productive when we spend more time reading profiles than actual time in a report.   Maybe stop the garbage, give is primary accounts, no more ASR, no more bouncing, no more counting mouse clicks, and give us a raise...   I will be more than productive, like I was in the old days. I used to produce 2000 lines a day. I cannot do that now in 2 days. ...

Boost...sorry Medquist
May 12, 2012

OK, it's nearly the end of my 2-week pay period.  I'm way past my minimum line requirements.  My primary account is low on work.  I'm going to clean my kitchen.  Watcha ya gonna do about that? ...

BOOST Initiative
May 30, 2012

Don't you love the long and drawn out explanation of the BOOST initiative.  They have a VR program which is frequently only 10% correct, misses entire phrases, creates entire sentences without one correct word and they want to boost our production by having us never remove our hands from the keyboard so we can all develop carpal tunnel at a faster rate.  What a bunch of geniuses! ...

BOOST Schmoost
Jun 19, 2012

Today's BOOST e-mail went too far.  Now they're monitoring mouse clicks, keyboard shortcuts and pedal time?  They can actually tell which keys we touch or don't touch? Folks, I'm pretty sure this BOOST program was our summer compensation adjustment...type faster... ...

Mentoring From Boost
Sep 28, 2012

Well, it finally happened.  I got the e-mail from Boost saying I had been chosen to be mentored.  I don't understand.  I ALWAYS get my line count and more.  I always type my hours.  I have had some good numbers on the Boost reports, one 5, one 3.5, but I have also gotten two 1s, as I do not speed the report up during the report, and I don't use the arrow keys to go to the beginning of the paragraph and such.  Can someone please tell me how the Boost mentor ...

Per Their Boost Garbage, Being
Nov 27, 2012

stalked & forced to keep our hands on the keyboard rather than what feels comfortable for us, now that I'm keeping my right hand on the Ctrl & arrow keys to make constant corrections throughout this ASR garbage, I am starting to have severe hand pain that I've never had before.  I wonder if this is carpal tunnel.  I would imagine their workers comp cases for carpal tunnel are growing by leaps and bounds with this horrible ASR program.  Seems like it would counter ...

Boost Question
Nov 28, 2012

This is a measurement of the amount of audio that is replayed, keeping the highlighter and cursor together and moving smoothly throughout the report.  If you keep the highlighter and cursor moving steadily throughout the report with less stopping, then there is less audio that is replayed, allowing you to complete the job in less time.    The above would work in an ideal world if one didn't have to do a lot of editing, would that be a correct statement?  I mean, if I h ...

Boost Liquid Nutrition
Feb 02, 2010

Boost liquid s/l impreme was provided. ...

Can We Opt Out Of This Idiotic Boost Garbage?
Dec 03, 2012

x ...

Minimum Wage Boost
Jun 22, 2014

Did you know that minimum wage will be raised from $8.00 to $9.00 next month, at least in California? So I wonder what that means for Nuance. Does that mean that the minimum line per hour will now be mmore than the current minimum of 186 lines/hour to meet minimum wage without having the company pay MUP or make-up pay? Or does that mean that they will give employees a raise and leave required lines at minimum of 186 lines? I wonder. ...

Okay, Sistas. Lets Talk About BOOST.
May 10, 2012

inactive time, right?  "Inactive time is defined as length of time when neither audio is played nor keystrokes clicked in an open job" as per the email.  SOOOOOO, why dont we all just keep the audio running as we research, go to the bathroom, etc.  Just make a note of where you are in the audio, go do your thing, come back and finish up.  What would MM think of NONE of us had any inactive time anymore, lol. ...

Inactive Time/BOOST Bull!
Jun 28, 2012

Ok, not sure if I'm the only one who had this initial perception of the mentoring program and the BOOST initiative, but it is my impression that during my mentoring session it was kind of IMPLIED that if our inactive time decreased our pay would go up...me thinking my daily pay for SR. Inserted in there ever so sneakily from my mentor is the fact that the inactive time has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on our daily production pay! A low inactive time only affects PTO, downtime, etc., pay which is ...

Is That Care Boost Quality Seminar
Jan 26, 2015

TSM says since I got under 99% this week to take this seminar.   What is funny is that a last week I got an email (bc I got 100% that week) saying how well I was doing and keep up the good work.  LOL.  Oops!.  I bet she wishes she didn't send that email!  Anyway, anyone do that Care Boost for Quality seminar and found that it helped at all?  Not sure it's going to....I am positive I will continue being all over the place in my post audits....100 ...

Computer Volume Control Boost. This May Help A Little
Apr 21, 2015

I have a Boostaroo and it muffles the audio when I turn it up on my headset.  Some of these dictators go back and forth in volume and I have caught several mistakes I made on deciding what I hear.   This simple Windows function might help some of you, I noticed a small difference right away. I am also looking into an app to download as I don't have room for a set of speakers up on my work area to plug headset into.   I am going to research more on this with  l ...

I've Decided I'm Not Going To Even Open The Boost Stat Emails
Jun 26, 2012

anymore.  What a morale killer, and they just tick me off.  I already know the shortcuts, but if I find it faster or less painful to mouse occasionally, then that's what I'm going to do.  As long as I'm meeting my quota, then please back off.  Jeez, I've never felt more smothered or stalked by a company. ...

I Need To Increase My Pay....
Feb 08, 2012

....as I'm about ready to get kicked out.  I have been working like crazy and was shocked when I saw my paycheck but at least I have a job.  Please tell me what I can do to get more lines per hour.  If I turn the clock off when I get up, then I have to make up that time to get my eight hours in.  Too tired by the end of when my shift is to stop to do more typing/vr.  I need hints/ideas/etc!!!!!  Thanks :) ...

Trying To Increase Speed...
Sep 25, 2010

Does anyone have any hints/suggestions/help for working more quickly in Powerscribe editing radiology reports?  The program seems a bit sluggish and you have to wait on it when you want to go on to the next step/next report.  Any hints for copying/pasting more quickly, etc?  Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to increase my speed.  TIA ...

Best Way To Increase Lines
Jun 27, 2013

I've been doing work via escription for about a month and a half now (Transcriptionist most of my life) and i really like it.  I am just up to about an average of 300 lines per hour though. I have heard/seen people do much better with the line count, and I wonder what your input is.  Some say that you shouldnt use the mouse and should only use the keyboard for quick editing.  I use the mouse still. I have my short cuts in and such, but for the most part i keep my hand on the ...

How Can I Increase Productivity?
Apr 23, 2015

I do transcription work for several different doctors and get a lot of pre-generated reports that just need editing.  Is there anything at all that I can do to increase productivity? Thank you all!  ...

Idea To Increase Production
Apr 27, 2010

A while back I was trying to think of some things to increase my production, so I sat down with paper and pencil and made a list of the biggest things that were slowing me down.  At the top of the list were three main things:  Nine different accounts with nine totally different CPs, ESLs, and ASR.  I decided to work on the CPs first.  This one little trick has actually DOUBLED my production over the last two months.  My thought was that maybe if I had all the CPs for all ...

Increase Line Counts?
Jun 26, 2010

I kind of feel dumb even asking this question but how does one get these 300 lph counts I've read about on here?  I have 12 years plus years experience and have only worked in 2 different hospitals.  We never had expanders so I don't really know much about them.  I average about 180 lph but am realizing now working for an MTSO that I am going to have to increase my line counts.  Thanks! ...

What Caused An Increase In Shorter
Dec 22, 2010

Not long ago, work was abundant for all MTs, but then it seemed that changed when for some reason, turn around times were shortened markedly.  What caused this?  Was is just a new way for companies to compete, promising that the work would get back sooner than a client's current MT service, or did something more technical occur, such as government regulations, insurance requirements, etc.  I see jobs by the hundreds on the web and yet the complaint is always the same: No work ...

Increase In Cost Of Benefits
Mar 09, 2011

Help!!! Okay, I've been working PT for MQ for 7 long years.  I am considering going FT just for the benefits because no one can live off of minimum wage. Because information on open enrollment will not be available until late April/May for June 2011, I need to know if the rates normally go up and by about how much?  Please, I only want to hear from MQ (not recently new to MQ from Spheris or non-MQ people) people who have been full time for the ...

What Are Some Ways To Increase Productivity? Nm
Apr 17, 2011

x ...

Can You Increase Volume In Emdat
Jul 26, 2011

My Emdat voice quality has been very low recently.  Unfortunately my ear phone cord broke and I ordered new earphones but it's just a whisper.  I've increased the volume button on Emdat, but wondered if there is a way to increase the volume otherwise.  I've done everything on my computer to make the volume loud but it doesn't work. I just ordered a new 2nd set of earphones along with a volume increase thing from Amazon and was so excited to get it in today.&nb ...

How Do You Increase Sound Quality? Sm
Jul 11, 2012

I have a service that rerecords from the hospital server and then we download from the service's server.  The sound quality is absolutely atrocious by the time it comes to the MT with most jobs sounding like they were dictated on a cell phone inside a cardboard box.  I am presently using a Boostaroo which make the audio louder but does nothing to clean it up.  Is there something I can buy that will improve the quality?  TIA ...

Increase Dictation Volume?
Jul 24, 2012

Is there anything at all I can do to increase the dictation sound volume when I get these whisperers or people using cell phones, etc, and I can hardly hear them?  I guess some of them are just sitting too far away from the dictating equipment, but they are never going to change.  They are always going to be barely audible. Is there anything I can do or buy to amplify the sound with these dictators?  I already have my computer and speakers set on the highest volume.  I' ...

Performance Review And Increase
Aug 28, 2012

I have a feeling I am going to get laughed right off of this page, but here goes. At any point does Nuance offer a performance review and/or pay increase?  Also, has anyone ever threatened to quit and were offered an increase to stay?   ...

3% Increase In Hourly Earning
Apr 17, 2013

how can that be when there is no work.  I surely have not had an increase.  I am lucky if I get 40 hours in 2 weeks instead of 1 week.  What a joke! ...