A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So how many of us are left, who haven't heard either way ... - anon

Posted: Mar 20, 2014

... besides me?

me - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
haven't heard....

Raising hand and slightly irritated by it. - I suspect I am reject they did not

[ In Reply To ..]
bother to notify.

Perhaps we are second string, just in case - others reject offer? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

You're likely spot on.. We're junior varsity?? Limbo land.. - mtnsp

[ In Reply To ..]
Not flat out rejected, but not really first pick. LOL

waiting to here(LOL) - waitingtohere

[ In Reply To ..]
Still waiting, but if they do them alphabetically I am way down the list.

Me too. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

throttling of e-mails - stillwaiting

[ In Reply To ..]
Hubby is in DP. Many times when they have a huge number of e-mails they set it up so only so many are sent during a time interval (min, hr, day)

Haven't heard - Nope

[ In Reply To ..]
From some of the posts below from the MTs that heard and are going to do it, and according to some of the scores, which were the low 90s, which is fine, as they had a good record with MM apparently, I think this is done and we didn't get it. I am sorry, as it was a really stressful situation and now I don't know if I want to stay on or not; especially with the financial situation of this place, despite what they are saying. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained, perhaps next time or if I really feel I want to be a coder, take the course on my own and look elsewhere. You don't have to work for MM to be a coder and may be better off. Check out your options and what's out there.

I pretty much agree with you. It is probably time - for MTs to put the pedal down

[ In Reply To ..]
and get out. I was already going back to school in the fall, looking at x-ray tech.

This was just a possible option and, apparently, no longer one.

Still, I would have found it polite to at least have been notified.

Agree. While I did apply for this I was not - totall convinced it was for me. I had

[ In Reply To ..]
just started the application process elsewhere for coding and was getting ready to take - gasp - you got it - the A&P test (to test out). I put that on hold while waiting for this. I think my gut told me the whole time that was the right direction for me, but I still waited it out. I think doing it outside of MModal will leave me more prepared. I'm happy for those that got in and let this be your stepping stone to greater things!

OMG this is so sad ... almost like being picked last on the playground - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
When I saw the acceptance letters coming I got way excited ... but still nothing.

I honestly feel like crying.

awwwwwwwww,,,,you're right on the playground. Me too... - mtnsp

[ In Reply To ..]
It is kind of tacky at this point. LOL

*Big hug* ... we're gonna be OK - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The same hope and faith and prayer that I had to get into this program I'm going to use now to get out of this. This is intolerable.

I'm genuinely super happy for all those who got in, but for those of us who don't even get the courtesy of a rejection notice, it feels absolutely horrible.
You're right.. we will all be okay :) I have same exact - mtnsp
[ In Reply To ..]
feelings as you as far as faith. And if nothing else, it has inspired me this week to explore colleges and private coding schools. I am a GREAT MT, as I know we all are, and I shall be a GREATER coder :) So, I thank them for inspiration and will get out of this industry ASAP.

LOL. Good comparison. But I don't feel like crying - I am kinda miffed. I find it rude

[ In Reply To ..]
If some were notified of rejection, all should have been.

Some form of notification should have been sent to every applicant, not just some.

And, it seems that all of the rejection letters went out first.

You're right. Every applicant who took the test - won out over some who wanted - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
to test but wasn't offered the opportunity to do so. Every applicant who took the test gave it their VERY BEST SHOT, and I think they deserved EXACTLY THE SAME LEVEL OF COURTESY as those who scored more to M*M's liking.

Still remaining positive - Positive

[ In Reply To ..]
I kind of agree with the second string idea for those who haven't heard anything yet, but I still hold out hope. To me, a maybe is way better than a flat out no. It's not over for me until I get that final email either way. Anything is possible. :-)

oh I agree... it ain't over til.. its over. NM - mtnsp

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Condolences - to

[ In Reply To ..]
those deemed not worthy. On the bright bright side it is spring. Maybe E. bunny will bring you more eggs for your solitary basket. Life moves on. When the window closes a door opens. Watch your step. Be happy.

Have not heard a thing here -- - MT-SoIN

[ In Reply To ..]
They should have held all notifications and sent them out all at one time...
I agree - kind of rude and hurtful to leave us in limbo...
score: high 80's
Seniority: 4 yrs
Experience: Never certified, but company trained at a different job and did ICD-9 coding for 6 yrs.

well there is orientation tomorrow - and Monday so maybe you will

[ In Reply To ..]
hear something soon

To those still thinking they have a chance. - Me thinks that ship has sailed

[ In Reply To ..]
Those who got in have orientation tomorrow.

Not sure why I am surprised, it is MModal after all. Not known for treating their employees with even a modicum of respect.

Am I the only one who feels supremely peeved? - I would have been fine with

[ In Reply To ..]
a rejection letter. Would have said, oh well, such is life.

But the fact that I, and others, were completely ignored, just bugs me.

I am actually mad at MModal, really and truly angry. I am a very good employee, never late for shift, never leave early, I have actually even been one of their little pets of the month. I have gone out of my way to be nice to them even on this board.

This just feels like such a slap in the face.

No ... you're definitely NOT the only one ... - feeling the same way

[ In Reply To ..]
I've tried to construct a post to express how I'm feeling right now 3 separate times and nothing comes out coherently. I was just describing this fiasco to a friend who called it "disgraceful" to not contact ALL employees together and at once. One group email for rejections, one group email for acceptance, then ... done. No hurt feelings. No one gets offended. And yes I would feel this way even if I got into the program so this is not a "jealousy" issue ... it's a common decency issue out of consideration for those who took the time to apply to and support your program.

I can't say that I've been a pet of the month but I too am a great employee. I'm one of the top producers in my region, I've never failed an audit and I'm super easy to get along with. I've rolled with each and every change this company has gone through and was even willing to turn a blind eye to the bankruptcy issue but to just completely ignore the application and test of a good and faithful employee is just unspeakable. I honestly don't get it.

This company is not only financially bankrupt but it's also morally bankrupt. I came across an old icon on my desktop from MModal/Medquist days gone by, from our old software called "MT Shell". Today, I was thinking ... how appropriate. It must've been a sign.
Your post is very coherent. I could not have expressed - it better. It is a bitter pill
[ In Reply To ..]
It is just the fact they didn't notify all of us. Disgraceful is a good word.

It's simply unacceptable.
Well, there's another, more positive way to - look at being "rejected" by -
[ In Reply To ..]
M*Modal for coding. There were most likely criteria for getting picked that was more subjective than objective, and although they may never post it here, it's likely people with lower test scores, or perhaps lower transcription performance in the past, got on the accepted list.

You may not think of it that way today, but somewhere down the road you'll probably thank your lucky stars you weren't sucked into 2 years of forced service for them just to obtain some training in a field you have an interest in. Now you're free to pursue it in your own way, with the coding educator YOU decide is best.

The way M*Modal treated you as MTs, and now the way it's treating those it passed up for a chance to be human guinea pigs in its pilot coding school, speaks volumes. Even when trying to come off like they've changed their spots, and are now this caring, concerned company that's offering its MTs the "chance of a lifetime", they still show their true colors.

Don't feel sad that you didn't make their cut, regardless of what their flimsy criteria might have been. I think you dodged a bullet, and somewhere down the line you'll be glad you did.
It's not the "rejected" part, it's the acting like some of us - were not worthy of even being notified
[ In Reply To ..]
You come to expect at least some minimal level of courtesy but some of us didn't even get that.

It kind of stings and shows you how little you mean to the company, as if we didn't already know. It solidified some things for me though, I know I don't want to work for a company like this any longer than I must.

Similar Messages:

Haven't Heard Anything
Jul 14, 2011

Hi everyone I feel like I just have to vent a little.  Hope that's okay.  I've been a transcriptionist for a long time (17 years) but I am beginning to believe that I must really stink !!   I had applied to Transtech and Transolutions and haven't heard a word.   I am thinking it's me.  I currently work nights from home and I swear I have not heard dictators like the ones I have been getting, all ESL and I can barely tell what they are talki ...

Haven't Heard From My TSM Since Friday
Oct 07, 2013

that's odd.. anybody else? ...

Still Haven't Heard Anything About Coding Program
Mar 20, 2014

Guess I'll be going to school since I really, really want to go into coding. ...

Anyone With TSM Initials JM, Haven't Heard A Thing About SM
Sep 30, 2014

or much of anyting else unless SHE wants something?   No help at all. ...

Are Timecards Approved Today? Haven't Heard From My TL. NM
Apr 14, 2014

xx ...

Is This A New Doctors "slang" That I Haven't Heard
Feb 15, 2010

Is this some kind of doctorize for ligament laxity, or something else entirely?? Would welcome any help here. Examination under moderate sedation showed a positive Lachman, questionable s/l "lilax" (not relax) posterior cruciate and lateral collateral and a third-degree MCL. ...

OmniMD Left Voice Mail; Never Heard Of Them
May 08, 2015

Voice mail left on my home phone as follows:  "Hello (my name).  I'm calling you about medical transcription.  Call back if you're interested."  No company name mentioned at all.  No phone number left.  I wouldn't even know the phone number if I didn't have caller ID. She had a thick Indian accent. Google says it's OmniMD.  Anyone heard of them? ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Haven't Even Graduated...
Jan 11, 2010

..well, I'm really close to finishing. It seems as though, based off things said here, I've made a bad decision. Oh well, I'm almost done, so I mine as well finish and sit for the RMT exam. I actually am applying to school for respiratory therapy. Any newbie's have anything positive to say about their experiences getting started as an MT? I hate to have a negative attitude, that's really not how I am, but sometimes you have to be realistic. I'll still apply to MT jo ...

Haven't Had E-mail From CCM Since 07/08.
Jul 14, 2010

??? ...

Are There Still Some Of You With No Work?? I Haven't Had A
Jan 04, 2013

report in over 2 hours.  I'm thankful this is not my family's main source of income but I do need what I used to make.  As I said before, I am collecting partial SUI for times like these but really guys, how can we remain employed by a company who does not give us work????  I'm sorry once again for venting.  ...

Haven't Been Here In Awhile
Nov 29, 2013

and though I am not thrilled with the pay at my new job after leaving Transcend/Nuance, reading this reminds me why I did leave and reminds me of how stressed I was with them.  I have been contacted by lawyers that really seem to be working the class action case.  Maybe there's hope on the horizon.  ...

Where Is Whodat? I Haven't Seen Any
Mar 16, 2014

posts by her recently?  Whodat, if you see this post, let us know what's up and how you are. ...

Is The System Down? Haven't Been Able To
Apr 15, 2015

x ...

I Took An IC Job With A National And Haven't Really Ever Worked As An IC Before.
Apr 29, 2012

Basically, it's been working out fine until one day last week when I received an email from the transcription manager saying that was "short on my time" on one specific day.  I was confused because while I agreed to work first shift on specific days, I wasn't aware that I was strictly held to a specific schedule and wondered how they were keeping track of my hours worked because I do not punch a time clock.  I assume they are keeping track of the hours I'm logged onto th ...

I Was Told That If You Are At Of Work You Haven't
Oct 30, 2012

Asked for work, that there is plenty of work and they need lots of MTs to handle all the work.  I was born at night but it wasn't last night and I'm sure you aren't posting there isn't work because you are so busy working OT. ...

Wow ... It's True ... I Haven't Had The Same 2 Accounts All Day
Oct 24, 2014

I've been all over the place today, from California to New York and everywhere in between, and not a single report from ANY of my "primaries" ... not even one.  There doesn't seem to be ANY rhyme or reason to the type or location of the reports I've gotten ... it's crazy.  It's like a switch has been flipped since yesterday, and I also notice my Teamwork timecard has my manager's name changed to the new one.  Guess this is what my work flow will look ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

I Haven't Been To This Board In A Month And It Is The Same Old Song
Oct 14, 2010

I swear I stopped coming to this board a month or two ago, and today is my first day coming back and it is the same thing!  Oh, MT is not what is used to be...oh, we make minimum wage...oh, I hate my life....oh, blah blah blah.  If you hate it so bad, then quit and go work at McDonald's!  Leave this business and give us MTs who enjoy their job more work to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

I Haven't Been Able To Access My Email For Days.
Dec 26, 2010

Is this more than just the standard ASR pay cut?  Please tell me no.  It's CHRISTMAS! ...

Haven't Seen Any Posts About Oracle Lately. Is Everyone Still Happy?
Mar 05, 2011

x ...

Haven't Been Paid By Client Since Aug --WWYD?
Sep 30, 2011

I'm an IC but I don't work for any company, I have my own clients. One of my clients hasn't paid me since August, claiming a cash flow problem and they stated they "want to pay me asap". Well here I sit, tons of work to be transcribed from them but NO motivation because I'm behind on MY bills (IRS, etc) due to them not paying me. My husband says wait until the 15th of October when they for sure will have my September's work bill and then tell them pay or I quit and wi ...

I Requested To Go PT TWO FULL Weeks Ago And Still Haven't
Nov 28, 2011

heard a yes or no from my CCM.  She has answered other emails that I had sent AFTER that so I KNOW she got the email.  Can she actually deny my request to go PT?  Can I only do this at a certain time of the year?  Anyone who has dropped to PT, I'd love to hear from you about this.  I think it's really rude that she is not getting back to me about it.  Is she hoping I will change my mind if she ignores me?  Can she really say, "no, either work FT or n ...

I Haven't Seen Any Increase. This Is On Their Ad Posted Today.
Apr 27, 2012

We offer a multitude of benefits: •  Increased line production rates •  A 6-tier bi-weekly incentive plan that rewards for quality and productivity ...

Haven't Had Anything In FIESA Since I Went Part Time.
Aug 04, 2013

It's been SOOO nice! ...

Still Haven't Approved Time Card Because Am Waiting For
Feb 17, 2010

a correction to be made (it's been 3 days!).  I'm wondering if I should go ahead and approve it anyway, even though if I do I will be short 3 hours for the week w/o the correction.  I'm afraid I won't be paid at all if I don't approve.  Does anyone know if you still get paid if your time card is not approved or approved late?  I wonder how long I should wait?  TIA ...

Haven't Been On This Board In A Long Time And Have A Question. SM
Dec 22, 2010

I see one page of posts, doesn't seem to go to a page 2, and so on.  Company board goes from today at 4 p.m., to the 14th of Dec and no option of a 2nd page.    Does the board now automatically archive after a page is full?    Thanks.  ...

Haven't You All Noticed How Our Health Care Bills Have Gone Down Since
Aug 05, 2011

cutting the throats of MTs.  LOL ...

Looking For Part-time..haven't Worked In Over 3 Years
Aug 15, 2012

I am looking for part-time work.  I haven't worked in transcription for over 3 years but have extensive experience.  Any suggestions on a company? ...