A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What are some ways to increase productivity? nm - anon

Posted: Apr 17, 2011

x

Three tips - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
1) Expand, expand, expand.
2) Set a timer (for an hour). DO NOT STRAY while your timer is on. Don't get up for water, answer the phone, or peak at your email.
3) Learn your account specs and doctors. The fewer times you have to verify the Dr. Smythe has an E on the end, the better.

Three tips - viv125

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for excellent tips!

Speed up the dictation bit by bit, training to listen, - Another 3

[ In Reply To ..]
read, and type faster and faster.

If you choose not to allow an expander to assign its short forms for you, use it with an alphabet-based shorthand system (search web for systems developed long before expanders came along).

If not being able to scan fast enough slows you down at all, study/practice speed reading.

BTW, SM's #3 is very important. Looking up those things can cost us badly over the pay period. Make cheat sheets so you don't have to look stuff up. When you do, make the first time you need to the last time.

Start the day out right. Take 3 Advil, use Icy-Hot as a hand lotion, - TRCR

[ In Reply To ..]
fill your coffee cup with extra-strength coffee, and make up your mind you are going to do it.

lol! For me, 4 ibuprofen (I'm a big girl), Aspercreme-type hand cream, - and 2 cups of coffee. :) nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

tips - vegMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I start watching the clock and I don't get up for anything for 2 hours at a time. Then I get up, stretch, get coffee, and start over again. I also keep my laptop next to me and I play Kitaro (asian new age artist) music low enough that it doesn't interfere, but high enough that I get that medicinal sounds of asian bells and water flowing. Might sound crazy, but it keeps me "in the zone" so to speak.

stay off the boards! - lol - joke, just a joke. ANON

[ In Reply To ..]

Production? Show me the MONEY. Pay me more, and - my interest in higher production will grow.

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

How Can I Increase Productivity?
Apr 23, 2015

I do transcription work for several different doctors and get a lot of pre-generated reports that just need editing.  Is there anything at all that I can do to increase productivity? Thank you all!  ...

Ideas To Increase Editing Productivity?
May 11, 2013

Since most of us are stuck editing for miniscule wages, lets share ideas on things you do, or have tried, to increase productivity. I haven't done editing for a long time so am experimenting with new things. Does anyone use their expansion software to perform commands like to quickly do reformatting? How about discontinuing duties you used to perform like searching for the first name of a doctor to CC? Timesavers when proofing, like ignoring the ROS and PE? How many can suces ...

Looking For Ways To Make Sure You Don't Get 99%.
Jan 03, 2013

Mark me for missing the word "the" in a sentence??? - and on a dictator who mumbles 100 miles per hour? ...

Does It Work Both Ways?
Mar 28, 2014

Just wondering if those of you who oppose offshoring would work for a foreign company?  I know of some MTs who work for Australian company Ozescribe - they have MTs in Australia, USA, Canada and Israel plus probably a few other countries.  Isn't that the same as Indians transcribing for US companies? If not, what makes it different?  I'm trying to understand why it's okay for US workers to work for other countries but not the other way around?  Or would it be ...

What Ways Can The Images Be Said At The Start Of A Chest CT?
Jul 20, 2010

What are some ways that a doctor can dictate a chest CT?  I can't understand what she is saying.   It sounds like amiable mirror column images were obtained.  ...

What Are Different Ways To Calculate For Faxing Reports?
Oct 12, 2011

My employer has agreed to pay to have me fax reports to several different facilities.  I have to print out every report I fax (if someone knows a different way, I'm listening)...  so, we're talking time, paper, toner, wear and tear on equipment.....   How are people out there calculating to do that?  My employer hasn't a clue and I'm treading unfamiliar waters?  Any help?? ...

Caliceal Or Calyceal Stone, I Have Seen Both Ways, Which Is The
Feb 20, 2013

preferred way. ...

Ha Ha Winning Ways News Letter
Jul 29, 2013

Seriously who cares? Give me work and pay me a decent wage. I don't ask for too much. ...

Pt Scores Himself As A 13 Out Of 15 On S/l AY-WAYS Score With Urinary Incontinence. Nm
Jun 10, 2010

:) ...

What Ways Can I Continue To Grow In Skills After Graduating?
Jul 13, 2010

Hello fellow MT's! I am almost finished with my MT course, and I would like some counsel from everyone on their experiences with continuing education after graduation. First I am going to go for my RMT as recommended by the ADHI. What tools and resources did you use that helped? Which ones do you recommend? Has anyone gotten a degree to enhance their knowledge, and if so, what degree? I have recently been discharged after 8 yrs in the Army and I have been studying in my ...

Is Rhomboid Flap Capitalized. I Can Find It Both Ways!
Oct 13, 2011

xx ...

I Wonder If The Two Year Coding Contract Works Both Ways?
Mar 16, 2014

After your six months of training, they put you on production and you are unable to meet their standards with accuracy or amount of charts?  Are you guaranteed to have a job for two years?  Yes, they are paying for your schooling, so you owe them two years, but you WILL be spending your time studying and supposedly the program is very intense -- do you get a guarantee for employment for that long? ...

Oh My Dear Lord - 10 Nifty Ways To Pump Up Production?
Mar 24, 2010

Once again, whoever is writing this drivel needs fired and spread out their salary to those actually working.  Just when I think I can't get any more fed up. . . ...

Once And For All ... It Is Degenerative Disk Or Disc Disease? I Keep Getting Corrected Both Ways :)
May 12, 2010

Disk versus disc ...

I Need To Increase My Pay....
Feb 08, 2012

....as I'm about ready to get kicked out.  I have been working like crazy and was shocked when I saw my paycheck but at least I have a job.  Please tell me what I can do to get more lines per hour.  If I turn the clock off when I get up, then I have to make up that time to get my eight hours in.  Too tired by the end of when my shift is to stop to do more typing/vr.  I need hints/ideas/etc!!!!!  Thanks :) ...

Trying To Increase Speed...
Sep 25, 2010

Does anyone have any hints/suggestions/help for working more quickly in Powerscribe editing radiology reports?  The program seems a bit sluggish and you have to wait on it when you want to go on to the next step/next report.  Any hints for copying/pasting more quickly, etc?  Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to increase my speed.  TIA ...

Best Way To Increase Lines
Jun 27, 2013

I've been doing work via escription for about a month and a half now (Transcriptionist most of my life) and i really like it.  I am just up to about an average of 300 lines per hour though. I have heard/seen people do much better with the line count, and I wonder what your input is.  Some say that you shouldnt use the mouse and should only use the keyboard for quick editing.  I use the mouse still. I have my short cuts in and such, but for the most part i keep my hand on the ...

Idea To Increase Production
Apr 27, 2010

A while back I was trying to think of some things to increase my production, so I sat down with paper and pencil and made a list of the biggest things that were slowing me down.  At the top of the list were three main things:  Nine different accounts with nine totally different CPs, ESLs, and ASR.  I decided to work on the CPs first.  This one little trick has actually DOUBLED my production over the last two months.  My thought was that maybe if I had all the CPs for all ...

Increase Line Counts?
Jun 26, 2010

I kind of feel dumb even asking this question but how does one get these 300 lph counts I've read about on here?  I have 12 years plus years experience and have only worked in 2 different hospitals.  We never had expanders so I don't really know much about them.  I average about 180 lph but am realizing now working for an MTSO that I am going to have to increase my line counts.  Thanks! ...

What Caused An Increase In Shorter
Dec 22, 2010

Not long ago, work was abundant for all MTs, but then it seemed that changed when for some reason, turn around times were shortened markedly.  What caused this?  Was is just a new way for companies to compete, promising that the work would get back sooner than a client's current MT service, or did something more technical occur, such as government regulations, insurance requirements, etc.  I see jobs by the hundreds on the web and yet the complaint is always the same: No work ...

Increase In Cost Of Benefits
Mar 09, 2011

Help!!! Okay, I've been working PT for MQ for 7 long years.  I am considering going FT just for the benefits because no one can live off of minimum wage. Because information on open enrollment will not be available until late April/May for June 2011, I need to know if the rates normally go up and by about how much?  Please, I only want to hear from MQ (not recently new to MQ from Spheris or non-MQ people) people who have been full time for the ...

Can You Increase Volume In Emdat
Jul 26, 2011

My Emdat voice quality has been very low recently.  Unfortunately my ear phone cord broke and I ordered new earphones but it's just a whisper.  I've increased the volume button on Emdat, but wondered if there is a way to increase the volume otherwise.  I've done everything on my computer to make the volume loud but it doesn't work. I just ordered a new 2nd set of earphones along with a volume increase thing from Amazon and was so excited to get it in today.&nb ...

How Do You Increase Sound Quality? Sm
Jul 11, 2012

I have a service that rerecords from the hospital server and then we download from the service's server.  The sound quality is absolutely atrocious by the time it comes to the MT with most jobs sounding like they were dictated on a cell phone inside a cardboard box.  I am presently using a Boostaroo which make the audio louder but does nothing to clean it up.  Is there something I can buy that will improve the quality?  TIA ...

Increase Dictation Volume?
Jul 24, 2012

Is there anything at all I can do to increase the dictation sound volume when I get these whisperers or people using cell phones, etc, and I can hardly hear them?  I guess some of them are just sitting too far away from the dictating equipment, but they are never going to change.  They are always going to be barely audible. Is there anything I can do or buy to amplify the sound with these dictators?  I already have my computer and speakers set on the highest volume.  I' ...

Boost - According To Testimonial, A Bit Over $130 Pay Increase.
Jul 27, 2012

Boost didn't help me like that at all. In fact, it didn't make any difference at all in my production. Only learned tricks to keep my inactive time showing as less. Also, according to statistics given in the statistics report, I am producing about the same as most others - which is still minimum wage (in my state). Even the average production is barely above minimum wage (in my state). ...

Performance Review And Increase
Aug 28, 2012

I have a feeling I am going to get laughed right off of this page, but here goes. At any point does Nuance offer a performance review and/or pay increase?  Also, has anyone ever threatened to quit and were offered an increase to stay?   ...

3% Increase In Hourly Earning
Apr 17, 2013

how can that be when there is no work.  I surely have not had an increase.  I am lucky if I get 40 hours in 2 weeks instead of 1 week.  What a joke! ...

There Is Mild Increase In The Nasopharyngeal S/l Torrus With SUV Of 6.6. TIA ~nm~
Oct 27, 2009

xx ...

Question About Zillionth Of A Cent Increase ? Sm
Apr 13, 2010

remember email few weeks back with our so-called "increase" in line rate.  mine was an magnificent 0.001 per line but didn't show up in last paycheck.   Was this error/missed or did they decide we weren't worthy of that huge amount of money either.   ohhhh my aching head .... ...

Feng Shui To Increase Production?
Sep 29, 2011

Has anyone arranged their workspace using feng shui, and have you seen a difference in production/income because of it? I am willing to try anything to get a self-imposed raise at this point. It could be mumbo-jumbo, but it has been around for thousands of years.  Perhaps there is something to it?  Thanks for any replies and suggestions.  ...